Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

creative idea

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
I love how KingsIsle made Monquistadors come to skull island but they live in Monquista!

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I think Skull Island represents America in the real world (despite the pirates). You know how most of the worlds in Pirates represents actual worlds (Monquista representing Spain, Marleybone representing Britain, Valencia representing probably France for it's art and priceless buildings).

Well, Skull Island is like America because it was discovered by Captain Avery (like the founding fathers or first settlers I guess), was built from the ground up, is trying to form into a Republic, and has a mixture of people from all over the world (spiral).

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
Skull Island-The Caribbean
Monquista-Spain
Valencia-Italy
Polaris-France
Cool Ranch-Out West
Mooshu-Asia
Marleybone-England
Aquila-Rome or Greece
Puerto Mico is Puerto Rico, and Port Regal is Port Royal(e).
Krokotopia-India(I think)

Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
Swashy0716 on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
Monquista-Spain
Valencia-Italy
Polaris-France
Cool Ranch-Out West
Mooshu-Asia
Marleybone-England
Aquila-Rome or Greece
  • Actually, Aquila might be named by, "Aquilonis" means North In Latin.
  • Cool Ranch Is Out West but also Central America
  • El Dorado one you didn't mention is a real thing Spanish Conquistadors searched for
  • Polaris is Antarctica
  • Marleybone Would cover All of The United Kingdom Actually.
  • ( I can't blame you for this one) Mooshu is a type of Chinese food
  • I think st. Bonabby (don't know if I'm spelling it right) is st. Benedict, Spain

Cole, Privateer level 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
manateeloverman on Oct 8, 2013 wrote:
  • Actually, Aquila might be named by, "Aquilonis" means North In Latin.
  • Cool Ranch Is Out West but also Central America
  • El Dorado one you didn't mention is a real thing Spanish Conquistadors searched for
  • Polaris is Antarctica
  • Marleybone Would cover All of The United Kingdom Actually.
  • ( I can't blame you for this one) Mooshu is a type of Chinese food
  • I think st. Bonabby (don't know if I'm spelling it right) is st. Benedict, Spain

Cole, Privateer level 65
According to Blind Mew Aquila is Latin for Eagle.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Monquista-Spain
Valencia-Italy
Polaris-France
Cool Ranch-Out West
Mooshu-Asia
Marleybone-England
Aquila-Rome or Greece
Krokotopia would be an Ancient Egypt sort of place. Rajah, I imagine, would be India.

Cool Ranch is Out West, but it represents the Western Frontier mostly.

Marleybone with or without Albion would cover pretty much the whole UK in the Victorian Era.

Mooshu would be Feudal Japan along with some Chinese names for laughs. (I'm still laughing over Zhu Ro.)

Overall, your comparisons are pretty accurate.

~Quick Pearl

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
According to Blind Mew Aquila is Latin for Eagle.
That's cool of you, Chrissy, to catch that! Also Blind Mew, very smart.

During some more research on the word Aquila, I discovered that Boreas was the Greek god of the North Wind, known to be cold. Usually in paintings and sculptures Boreas and his siblings (gods of the West, East, and South Winds) are depicted as winged men. Know what his Roman name is?

Aquilo.

Having seen the relation between Romans and Eagles, I found out that the eagle, or Aquila, was the standard of a Roman legion. The eagle was very important to the Roman military, so much that if the standard was lost, they would go to great lengths to find and recover it, no matter what it takes. Convenient that soon Pirate101 will have Battle Standards, don't you think?

~Elizabeth, level 62 ~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Oct 28, 2013 wrote:

During some more research on the word Aquila, I discovered that Boreas was the Greek god of the North Wind, known to be cold. Usually in paintings and sculptures Boreas and his siblings (gods of the West, East, and South Winds) are depicted as winged men. Know what his Roman name is?

Aquilo.

Having seen the relation between Romans and Eagles, I found out that the eagle, or Aquila, was the standard of a Roman legion. The eagle was very important to the Roman military, so much that if the standard was lost, they would go to great lengths to find and recover it, no matter what it takes. Convenient that soon Pirate101 will have Battle Standards, don't you think?

~Elizabeth, level 62 ~
Very nice info and great research there. So nice of you to share your knowledge with us. It is greatly appreciated.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
Very nice info and great research there. So nice of you to share your knowledge with us. It is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Chrissy! It's my pleasure. Truth be told, if you hadn't pointed out the fact that Blind Mew said Aquila means eagle in Latin, I probably wouldn't have been encouraged to learn all of that. That's what I love about these boards -- they encourage me to learn about things that I never would have otherwise.

Ensign
Jun 05, 2011
Another thing about Aquila is that the gods are eagles (I think it's just the gods that are eagles, I haven't been there yet.) and the sacred animal of Lord Zeus, king of the Greek gods (he was called Jupiter in Rome) is the eagle.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Sky Sailor on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
Another thing about Aquila is that the gods are eagles (I think it's just the gods that are eagles, I haven't been there yet.) and the sacred animal of Lord Zeus, king of the Greek gods (he was called Jupiter in Rome) is the eagle.
They were actually different types of birds. You can tell by their beaks.

But this is a Monquista thread. What creative Ideas do you have for the other Monquistan skyways?

Petty Officer
Sep 27, 2013
Monquista-Spain
Valencia-Italy
Polaris-France
Cool Ranch-Out West
Mooshu-Asia
Marleybone-England
Aquila-Rome or Greece
I disagree with polaris! Polaris is the arctic or something.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
ravensrule191 on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
I disagree with polaris! Polaris is the arctic or something.
Polaris, I believe, would be France, but with Arctic/Russian geography. It's the same thing with Dragonspyre. If you've played Wizard101, you will notice that Dragonspyre has somewhat Greek architecture, the area is practically like after the eruption of Mount Vesuvius, and all the ghosts have Russian accents. Totally got off topic here, but I bet some more worlds will have a mix between one geography and a completely different culture. (Polaris for example.)

~Quick Pearl

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
Lets not presume about Polaris until we get there (totally penguins with french accents and Russian polar bears)

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Sry, I forgot to metion this in my other post. Aquila is based of of Ancient Greece and Greek Mythology. Eagilles is Achilles, Hawkules is Hercules. And on the world description in "See the Game" even mentions Zeus SkyFather.( Who is Zeus from Greek Mythology).

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Why there in skull island was there choice I think they haveother colonies in marleybone they are colonies Puerto mico being successful they ventured dithering with presidio

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Btw valencia is meant to be Italy because I can speak it and the names are Italian dimensions carstienio is a Italian name florenza and Cadiz is Italian

Petty Officer
Sep 27, 2013
Quick Pearl on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
Polaris, I believe, would be France, but with Arctic/Russian geography. It's the same thing with Dragonspyre. If you've played Wizard101, you will notice that Dragonspyre has somewhat Greek architecture, the area is practically like after the eruption of Mount Vesuvius, and all the ghosts have Russian accents. Totally got off topic here, but I bet some more worlds will have a mix between one geography and a completely different culture. (Polaris for example.)

~Quick Pearl
lol that's what I meant and yes I have played wizard101 and I just finished ds so yea

Ensign
May 01, 2010
just out of curiosity outside of what I have seen already where does the wind lane go that I got turned back from and why are there no taverns accessible in monquista I had to pop back to skull island to promote my characters. I am sure that I will find out when I am higher in level about the skyway that I was turned back from but I was just a little curious. thanks in advance Bloody Kadija Moone

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Alric stormcrow on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
just out of curiosity outside of what I have seen already where does the wind lane go that I got turned back from and why are there no taverns accessible in monquista I had to pop back to skull island to promote my characters. I am sure that I will find out when I am higher in level about the skyway that I was turned back from but I was just a little curious. thanks in advance Bloody Kadija Moone
I believe there is a tavern in St Bonobos Abby. It is the building in the center of the courtyard.

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
Monquista-Spain
Valencia-Italy
Polaris-France
Cool Ranch-Out West
Mooshu-Asia
Marleybone-England
Aquila-Rome or Greece
I think Krokotopia is Egypt, actually. The rest are right on, though.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Monquista-Spain
Valencia-Mainly Italy
Cool Ranch-Central/Western America
Mooshu-Japan and China
Marleybone-Great Britian
Albion-Scotland and Ireland
Aquila-Ancient Greece
Rajah-India
Krokotopia-Ancient Middle East
Polaris-France/Russia?
El Dorado-Who knows?

Captain
May 13, 2011
Quick Pearl on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:

~Quick Pearl
the ghosts have russian accents? you almost make me want to listen to them again just to notice that

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
Just Add Bacon on Oct 28, 2013 wrote:

Aquilo.

~Elizabeth, level 62 ~
Guys and gals, guys and gals. I'm here to tell you that I know lots and lots of Latin. And you're right, Aquila does in fact mean "Eagle" in Latin.