Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stop cheaters/hackers

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 23, 2009
Well I message Kingsisle just now bout this but just to be sure I just going to post it here too lol.

Anyway lately in brawling hall and spar chamber I been hearing people saying Cheat engine and honestly idk what it is but from the word "Cheat " in it, it has to be a hacking program.

Anyway some pirate101 friends and others familiar faces stop playing pirate101 because of that, this need to end x. x it like crazy seeing some come and go.

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2013
XSonicthewolfX on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Well I message Kingsisle just now bout this but just to be sure I just going to post it here too lol.

Anyway lately in brawling hall and spar chamber I been hearing people saying Cheat engine and honestly idk what it is but from the word "Cheat " in it, it has to be a hacking program.

Anyway some pirate101 friends and others familiar faces stop playing pirate101 because of that, this need to end x. x it like crazy seeing some come and go.
Some people where asking me to how to get that and i told i am not sure " i do not CHEAT "

Ensign
Sep 01, 2011
XSonicthewolfX on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:

You are right, there is hacking/cheating going on in PvP part of the game; some players cannot be targeted for the entire match (one player admitted hacking "invisible"); and, enemies can actually appear on your side of the board BESIDE you at the start of the battle; also, the other team can get two planning countdowns in a row; and I have seen an"orange" team added when the battle started with red against blue...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I heartily agree here. Its people like that who mess it up for the rest of us honest folk. I had one friend show me that he was using a cheat code that sped up all the fight animations so that he could get through the game faster. He seemed quite confused at my chewing him out for cheating. He insisted that "his" type of cheating wasn't hurting anyone so that made it ok.
I am sorry but those kinds of cheats just open the doors for the blatant ones that stop honest players from getting their due. Wrong is wrong no matter if you get caught or not. Please, if you see anyone cheating please report them. Yea I know they will just start another new account and do it again, but they will still lose all the stuff they unjustly earned on the banned account.
I remember when I had a foster son and we were at one of those eatery places where you played carnival type games for tickets that you turned in for toys. He was 4 and watched another child climb onto a game and walk the ball to the bullseye and dropped it in instead of throwing it. This cheating child was raking in piles of toy tickets. I reported this to the management and they said there was nothing they could do about it. Now how do you explain that to a 4 year old when you want to teach them right is the correct path?
I applaud KingsIsle because they Will take action on cheaters and those using foul language. I have reported foul language and have seen that player muted and I loved it because it is another way that the good guys will prevail and it is one step closer to keeping this game safe. Sure the muted person is going to make another account but he will lose all his game 'stuff' in the process so even though it looks like they are getting around it, they are not getting away with it unscathed. If we all band together and make sure we let the cheaters know that we will not tolerate them, they will hear us.
So, please do not just stand by and feel it is not your business to interfere, it is. Do right.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
I've noticed that there are a lot of "free crown" cheat engines that you can download onto your computer. That's just not right. Stuff like that could put a virus on your computer and majorly mess it up. Also, the people who made it -or whatever- could take your account if the engine requires your username and password. I've also witnessed what archuman was talking about with an orange team being added. There is some sort of cheat (some of my friends on Pirate101 use it- they'll hate me if they ever find out that I'm about to say this...) where people can turn pvp into a free for all. I know that's not the type of cheating you're talking about but it is a type of glitch.

Rachel - Level 41

Administrator
Administrator
I just want to be very clear about one more thing here: If you cheat, you are breaking our Terms of Service. If you break our Terms of Service, we will levy account sanctions up to and including banning your account from accessing our game. This type of behavior is not acceptable and we will react as the situation dictates. We have already begun our investigation and are researching the allegations on this post and beyond.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*