Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Farming like crazy

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
let me make this quick :
I have be farming for the tiger claws lately and I was wondering have any of you wanted some thing sooo bad that you farmed like nuts to get it?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Yea I wanted a ring with backstab for my buccaneer as she had no non auction gear for a ring. The guide on Central said there was one ring that came from only one boss, a dark spirit in a cave in Cool Ranch, Cooper's Roost cave. The guide said there were only two drops that came from this boss so I figured it would be a piece of cake. I farmed that boss for a day and a half before it dawned on be that I could do it Much faster with my level 65 privateer and switched. So for a total of three days all I did was farm this boss along with commiserating help from several of my friends. I subsequently submitted over 20 other non auction drops that this boss dropped to the guide page (no updates as of yet, this was about 2 weeks ago). I got lots of repeat drops but I never got that ring and as my buccaneer has progressed from level 30 to 46 the ring is now moot, although I still need a good ring for her. I now do not trust this guide site, well what is there is prob ok, I just know that it is woefully under reported as to who drops what. At least I can look for what might be there and the surprises will be very much expected

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
update: I've bean farming 3 DAYS STRAIGHT and I still don't have it

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Yea I wanted a ring with backstab for my buccaneer as she had no non auction gear for a ring. The guide on Central said there was one ring that came from only one boss, a dark spirit in a cave in Cool Ranch, Cooper's Roost cave. The guide said there were only two drops that came from this boss so I figured it would be a piece of cake. I farmed that boss for a day and a half before it dawned on be that I could do it Much faster with my level 65 privateer and switched. So for a total of three days all I did was farm this boss along with commiserating help from several of my friends. I subsequently submitted over 20 other non auction drops that this boss dropped to the guide page (no updates as of yet, this was about 2 weeks ago). I got lots of repeat drops but I never got that ring and as my buccaneer has progressed from level 30 to 46 the ring is now moot, although I still need a good ring for her. I now do not trust this guide site, well what is there is prob ok, I just know that it is woefully under reported as to who drops what. At least I can look for what might be there and the surprises will be very much expected
x nudges x and who was one of these friends?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
MightySwashbuckler... on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
x nudges x and who was one of these friends?
lol Indeed you were there grinding away at that furstunkin spirit right along with me and I truly appreciate it.