Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Filtered Chat should be available for people

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 29, 2010
I believe that the filtered chat option should be available to much younger players . Mainly ages 10 and above. I say this because the strategy chat button options don't leave much room for strategic capabilities in this strategic game. Many times I have seen players like myself just running around and randomly hitting enemies trying to figure out what the other people fighting along side them are trying to tell them . I say that the strategy options should consist more in depth options or filtered chat should be allowed for younger people. I say starting at age 10 because that is the age at which I see players average out on.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
I seen another company called ROBLOX do this. They allowed Menu Chatters to speak but it was filtered. So it could be any age really under 13. But I can't imagine a 1 year old playing this up to 3. So it would start at age 6 because that's when people are getting better at games and want to play it. I tried several times with my sis playing this game. She is 6 and she gets bored of it because she doesn't understand it completely but I'm gonna keep trying till she get's the hang of it. She plays Sprout games and she mastered those. She still plays it for fun but she gain a interest in this game so she might want to play it more and more now.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
I know that KI is always working on ways to improve the Menu Chat feature.

Because of online safety, I seriously doubt that they will go against the under 13 rule. The best I can say is to start a thread asking others to contribute or inputting your own ideas of what you think KI should add or change about the current Menu Chat phrases.

~SM~

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Zilconis on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
I believe that the filtered chat option should be available to much younger players . Mainly ages 10 and above. I say this because the strategy chat button options don't leave much room for strategic capabilities in this strategic game. Many times I have seen players like myself just running around and randomly hitting enemies trying to figure out what the other people fighting along side them are trying to tell them . I say that the strategy options should consist more in depth options or filtered chat should be allowed for younger people. I say starting at age 10 because that is the age at which I see players average out on.
I really hope they do this I have some friends [ their twins ] who just turned ten and they play this game! whenever I wanna talk to them I have to use the phone [ which messes me up ] and they are defintley mature enough have text chat!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
MightySwashbuckler... on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
I really hope they do this I have some friends [ their twins ] who just turned ten and they play this game! whenever I wanna talk to them I have to use the phone [ which messes me up ] and they are defintley mature enough have text chat!
When I was older then they are now I used to have text chat and would sometimes walk away from the computer, crying, and not because I wasn't mature enough. It was because OTHER people weren't mature enough. I believe that the menu chat system should be improved with more things (that are nice!) to say, not for younger people to have text chat. Fairly soon i'll be above the age of text chat, but I don't want text chat because of those other less mature people. Have you heard of the true friend code? At the bottom of the friends list is the option to give a code to your real life friends, allowing you and them to text each other and no one else. My friend and I use it all the time! However you have to do it again with each character that you have, the code only works for one character at a time. I think that the code should work for an entire account rather than just one character, but if it means i can text my TRUE friends and no one else, i'm fine with that.
Hope this helps!
~Elizabeth, level 15 ~

Ensign
Sep 29, 2010
Well I agree online safety is something that should be implemented, I don't see how the filtered chat would not be able to prevent any cyber bullying or in appropriate language. As for better chat options in the menu chat, I'm not sure , I have to really think about it. But my fellow players can help me come up with better options.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Zilconis on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
Well I agree online safety is something that should be implemented, I don't see how the filtered chat would not be able to prevent any cyber bullying or in appropriate language. As for better chat options in the menu chat, I'm not sure , I have to really think about it. But my fellow players can help me come up with better options.
In ROBLOX they eliminated the majority of bad worlds and allowed caps and if anyone found out a bad word wasn't filtered, they were to Email it. Now they let you type in any words you like but nobody else would see it. Most likely for recording reasons but they allowed filtered chat people to use words and numbers which the words were anything really but not with bad words. I go against that and like it to be only English words or names that were in the Wizard101 or Pirate101 name selector so it would reduce the chances of people saying their real name. Also can you please let Text Chat talk in number word form again; please? It was fine enough with it because if you put three numbers together; it would be red. Infact; we should be able to do it without the A's or X's because that's the way people get to three numbers at once. So if for example if I typed this in Text Chat, ninth too eighth; the last number eighth would be this; ninth too ... Now I said no A's or X's so what would that show up like? ninth too ... .... See. It wasn't that bad. Now let's try to do that multiple times ninth too ... ...
... ...
... ...
... ...
... ...
X eighth
Now you used to have it like that but it would remain ...'s unless you typed in something different. Now if you kept doing that; the game won't allow you to type for 1 minute and it would increase each time you did it again and again to prevent spam. So here will be the new chat order without Menu and with the new filtered.
Filtered: 6 - 13
Text: 13 - 18
Open: 18 - 116 because 116 is the longest someone ever lived in modern times. Not to get confused with the people in the Bible. Not mentioning anymore because this will not be going on the thread. Now if someone lives longer than that; which I highly doubt for a few years time; then it would remain there, Now to give you guys a fun fact about when the longest man lived the longest in Modern History
You don't have to read this part if you don't want to.
Fun Facts: He lived to this year :D Now let me get my calculator and the year we get when he was born in was 1897 and believe me; he was probably the last guy on Earth from the 19th Century so he lived through 3 decades which is easy if you're healthy and you were born in the 1900's which I was so I hope I make to the Robotic Era and Colonizing other Planets Era (AKA 2100+) Now when we get out of our Solar System is probably 2200 + which I highly doubt anyone could live that long unless some futuristic technology makes us live 2X's longer! YEA! Or Heaven which make us live forever! :D
Going off topic because of the guy that was born in 1897 but it was in the Fun Facts section so you don't have to read it.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
When I was older then they are now I used to have text chat and would sometimes walk away from the computer, crying, and not because I wasn't mature enough. It was because OTHER people weren't mature enough. I believe that the menu chat system should be improved with more things (that are nice!) to say, not for younger people to have text chat. Fairly soon i'll be above the age of text chat, but I don't want text chat because of those other less mature people. Have you heard of the true friend code? At the bottom of the friends list is the option to give a code to your real life friends, allowing you and them to text each other and no one else. My friend and I use it all the time! However you have to do it again with each character that you have, the code only works for one character at a time. I think that the code should work for an entire account rather than just one character, but if it means i can text my TRUE friends and no one else, i'm fine with that.
Hope this helps!
~Elizabeth, level 15 ~
no offense, but if you were walking away form the computer and crying cause of what someone said, i dont think you would be very mature. just ignore rude or offensive people, maybe literally. about the topic, i think text chat is restricted enough for KI to remove menu chat. i mean you have to be 18 to even talk freely. they even remove potential substitute words for ANY possible thing that could RESEMBLE a bad word. this limiting is so insane its almost impossible to talk. in fact, they should allow more words, including numbers. it makes no sense why they removed it. how can we enjoy a game if we cant play it freely?

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Sneaky George Quar... on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
no offense, but if you were walking away form the computer and crying cause of what someone said, i dont think you would be very mature. just ignore rude or offensive people, maybe literally. about the topic, i think text chat is restricted enough for KI to remove menu chat. i mean you have to be 18 to even talk freely. they even remove potential substitute words for ANY possible thing that could RESEMBLE a bad word. this limiting is so insane its almost impossible to talk. in fact, they should allow more words, including numbers. it makes no sense why they removed it. how can we enjoy a game if we cant play it freely?
ROBLOX removed them but felt like adding them back because it was important to the website. Like in number form but what you should do is if the chat detects this; please don't allow it to be said. For example:
My Phone ... is ...
What the player was typing
My Phone Number is (insert Phone number here)
Now we should be able to say Phone and Number but never together and if you see numbers and - together; red that out to. I'm just trying to let you put in numbers without it messing up the safety.
Now I'll go onto word combo's that should never be next together. For example:
My ... is ...
What the playing was typing
My Email is (insert Email here)
Now Email should never be allowed in the filtered chat or open as a matter of fact. You could only text it to a True Friend (AKA, a IRL friend). Never ever ever give out your EMAIL and PASS to nobody else! Well except if it's your family or just share the Email to friends but that's IT! I can't emphasis enough on this topic! Just filter stuff like that and if you just have any example; please reply and also YAR this because this is very important!
Reply:
(Example of what it would look like if you entered it in filtered chat)
What the Player was Saying
(Example of what was in the filtered chat text box)
If you had more than one; just put a Example number (insert number here).
We need KI to know so we can persuade them to make them use it for younger kids! Keep on putting your ideas below this comment because we want KI to put this in! You will also get free Yum for life if KI does this!

Ensign
Sep 29, 2010
Sniper Rose on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
ROBLOX removed them but felt like adding them back because it was important to the website. Like in number form but what you should do is if the chat detects this; please don't allow it to be said. For example:
My Phone ... is ...
What the player was typing
My Phone Number is (insert Phone number here)
Now we should be able to say Phone and Number but never together and if you see numbers and - together; red that out to. I'm just trying to let you put in numbers without it messing up the safety.
Now I'll go onto word combo's that should never be next together. For example:
My ... is ...
What the playing was typing
My Email is (insert Email here)
Now Email should never be allowed in the filtered chat or open as a matter of fact. You could only text it to a True Friend (AKA, a IRL friend). Never ever ever give out your EMAIL and PASS to nobody else! Well except if it's your family or just share the Email to friends but that's IT! I can't emphasis enough on this topic! Just filter stuff like that and if you just have any example; please reply and also YAR this because this is very important!
Reply:
(Example of what it would look like if you entered it in filtered chat)
What the Player was Saying
(Example of what was in the filtered chat text box)
If you had more than one; just put a Example number (insert number here).
We need KI to know so we can persuade them to make them use it for younger kids! Keep on putting your ideas below this comment because we want KI to put this in! You will also get free Yum for life if KI does this!
If you could simplify this a bit that'd be great.