Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

laptop isn't working

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 09, 2013
hey kingsile, I'm having troubles with my laptop, like, I have pirate101 installed and such, but, when I get to the big pirate flag, where it says : press any key to continue, like, I'm there, but, it doesn't say, well, this issue occured after I reformatted my laptop, before that, it was working fine, but, after, it says nothing, even though I click something, nothing happens, so, could someone help me with this issue please?

Administrator
Hello! This sounds like something that would be best handled by our Customer Support team. You should contact them at support@pirate101.com and let them know the issue. They will most likely ask you for a dxdiag file, so it might be best to send that to them when you contact them.

1. Go to your Start menu.
2. Go to 'Run' (or 'Start Search' if you're running Vista).
3. In this window, type "dxdiag" (without quotes).
4. You may be asked a question about 'WHQL Certification', click No or Cancel if presented with this option.
5. This will run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. It could take a few minutes to complete, watch for the progress bar in the lower left hand corner or status.
6. When complete, click the Save All Information button.
7. This will bring up a file requester, click 'Save'.
8. You will have saved a file called Dxdiag.txt to your desktop.
9. Attach that file to an email to support@pirate101.com.

Thanks and hope to see you back in the skyways soon!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
May 09, 2013
hey, one-eyed jack, I'm at the dxdiag thing, and I'm confused of what to do, I'ts my first time doing it, and, I was wondering, would I have to click anything related to pirate101? or do I have to make a video of anything? I'm really confused, thanks in advanced

Administrator
The Dxdiag file is simply a file that tells us more information about your laptop. Customer Support will use this to better understand what might be going on, but even if you can't figure out how to attach a dxdiag file to your email, you should still email them at support@pirate101.com and let them know about your issue. They're really great to work with and have excellent suggestions!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*