Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Love the game but...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
I love the game, and I know it hasn't been available long, but, The game crashes 24/7.

Administrator
Hi! So sorry to hear you're having constant crashes. Pirate101 shouldn't be behaving like that as long as you meet the minimum system requirements and have all your drivers up to date. I would recommend contacting support@pirate101.com and supplying them with a DxDiag file to see if they can help identify anything that might be causing your persistent crashing.

To obtain a DxDiag file, this set of instructions might help:

1. Go to your Start menu.
2. Go to 'Run' (or 'Start Search' if you're running Vista).
3. In this window, type "dxdiag" (without quotes).
4. You may be asked a question about 'WHQL Certification', click No or Cancel if presented with this option.
5. This will run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. It could take a few minutes to complete, watch for the progress bar in the lower left hand corner or status.
6. When complete, click the Save All Information button.
7. This will bring up a file requester, click 'Save'.
8. You will have saved a file called Dxdiag.txt to your desktop.

9. Drag and drop your Dxdiag.txt file into the email as an attachment and send with a message explaining the situation to support@pirate101.com.

Hope that helps!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
May 10, 2010
I have 2 brand new laptops that are top of the line Jack, yet the game crashes. It's not everyday either, it's every other day. I personally think it's server issues there, but I can't prove it.

Everything is fine, then all of a sudden, it states that pirate101 is not responding and then a broken connection notice comes up, but I actually have to close pirate101 for me to be able to connect to the internet again. Then load pirate101 again. This happens not just to me, but 4 of my friends in the game, since it happens to all of us, it is Pirate101 not on our end.

Darth

Administrator
Next time this happens, please note the time, area your character was in, and if everyone in your group also was disconnected. It might help narrow down the issue if we have this information to work with.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
Actually, it sounds more like your ISP and a traffic issue.
At certain times of the day, mostly late afternoon to early evening, I have connection issues.

I will also have my laptop and Mac-mini going simultaneously.
When I have the Mac going, then get onto my laptop, the mac is interrupted.
That is why I think your ISP and/or traffic issue, might be the cause.

Ensign
Apr 11, 2013