Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 Trading

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 21, 2009
Hello people, how many of you want trading in pirate101? Well i do, because its famous in Wizard101, so why not in Pirate101, only with equipment and gold. Creators of Pirate101, if you read this, PLEASE allow trading. I would appreciate that much. Laters!

Administrator
Fanatic 1129 on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
Hello people, how many of you want trading in pirate101? Well i do, because its famous in Wizard101, so why not in Pirate101, only with equipment and gold. Creators of Pirate101, if you read this, PLEASE allow trading. I would appreciate that much. Laters!
Hello! If you're referring to "Gifting," then I'm happy to let you know that it's already on our list of commonly requested additions to the game. If you're referring to trading with your other characters through the shared bank, then please note that this feature is already available through the shared bank.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Nov 01, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
Hello! If you're referring to "Gifting," then I'm happy to let you know that it's already on our list of commonly requested additions to the game. If you're referring to trading with your other characters through the shared bank, then please note that this feature is already available through the shared bank.

Thanks!
I think he is referring to trading treasure cards in Wizard101, and he want you to include that kind of trading in Pirate101, except with clothes and gold.

Clever Anthony Jones level 65 swashbuckler

Administrator
locksolid on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
I think he is referring to trading treasure cards in Wizard101, and he want you to include that kind of trading in Pirate101, except with clothes and gold.

Clever Anthony Jones level 65 swashbuckler
Oh I see.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 21, 2009
Thanks Locksolid, thats exactly what i meant, so thanks. Again. KIFANATIC OUT!

Ensign
Oct 27, 2009
No, just no; the bazaar is good enough. It allows gear to move between accounts in a way that prevents the creation of a player run economy (which aren't very friendly to casual and new players).

The biggest reason not to add trading is that there is no point to it. The only benefit possible from trading would not happen because the best no-auction gear would simply have a new tag added to prevent players from trading it.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Nesogra on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
No, just no; the bazaar is good enough. It allows gear to move between accounts in a way that prevents the creation of a player run economy (which aren't very friendly to casual and new players).

The biggest reason not to add trading is that there is no point to it. The only benefit possible from trading would not happen because the best no-auction gear would simply have a new tag added to prevent players from trading it.
What if you wanted to give something to a specific person without a chance of it being bought by another person before they even could click on it?

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Wizards get to trade TC's and we have none so maybe we should be able to trade Equipment to other people. It would also be the non-sellable ones also because it's your friend! I meant like come on. It won't be fair for Pirates if we don't get our fair trade of trading. LOL Let me say that again. Our fair trade of trading.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sniper Rose on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
Wizards get to trade TC's and we have none so maybe we should be able to trade Equipment to other people. It would also be the non-sellable ones also because it's your friend! I meant like come on. It won't be fair for Pirates if we don't get our fair trade of trading. LOL Let me say that again. Our fair trade of trading.
Arrr arrr arrr arrr x groans x

Ensign
Jan 27, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:

Thanks!
yeah i think it would cool if you had a friend who had a really rare drop that you wanted, and if you had something cool they wanted then you could trade those two items and everybody would walk away happy

Ensign
Oct 27, 2009
noahdd on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
What if you wanted to give something to a specific person without a chance of it being bought by another person before they even could click on it?
So you want to rebalance the entire in game just for that minor benefit? Trading is not a minor feature that can just be added in whenever the devs feel like it. For trading to be done right most of the other in game systems have to built around it, especially the drop systems. Trading can easily make the game very unfriendly to new players. The good low level gear becomes overpriced because the high level players can afford to buy it for their new characters making it impossible for new players on their first character to have the best gear for their level without farming for it. Earning money becomes such a large part of the game just to keep progressing that players end up spending more time farming for cash than playing the content.

One game got around this is to keep the rate of gaining gold relatively flat so high levels can't really earn in-game currency much faster than low levels. The catch is to achieve this they also had to have a system that will reduce the power of players that are higher levels to the level the content was meant for in order to stop high levels from earning currency very quickly by farming low level areas. The side effect of this is your high level friend can't walk in and destroy that boss that is giving you a hard time. This would be a much bigger problem in pirates because we are limited to only four people in a pve battle vs having 10+ players to take down a single boss. Even with this system the best high level gear and the best

Trading will change the very nature of pirate101 in a way I don't think most players would like once they see it. It's better not to have it at all then to watch it become a problem and have to fix it or remove it later. The possible benefits simply are not worth the costs.

Ensign
Dec 21, 2009
Nesogra on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
So you want to rebalance the entire in game just for that minor benefit? Trading is not a minor feature that can just be added in whenever the devs feel like it. For trading to be done right most of the other in game systems have to built around it, especially the drop systems. Trading can easily make the game very unfriendly to new players. The good low level gear becomes overpriced because the high level players can afford to buy it for their new characters making it impossible for new players on their first character to have the best gear for their level without farming for it. Earning money becomes such a large part of the game just to keep progressing that players end up spending more time farming for cash than playing the content.

One game got around this is to keep the rate of gaining gold relatively flat so high levels can't really earn in-game currency much faster than low levels. The catch is to achieve this they also had to have a system that will reduce the power of players that are higher levels to the level the content was meant for in order to stop high levels from earning currency very quickly by farming low level areas. The side effect of this is your high level friend can't walk in and destroy that boss that is giving you a hard time. This would be a much bigger problem in pirates because we are limited to only four people in a pve battle vs having 10+ players to take down a single boss. Even with this system the best high level gear and the best

Trading will change the very nature of pirate101 in a way I don't think most players would like once they see it. It's better not to have it at all then to watch it become a problem and have to fix it or remove it later. The possible benefits simply are not worth the costs.
I meant that someone could trade with a friend and give things that he/she wants to give or doesn't want, but you have a point there that it could become unfriendly but that's a risk for a better game. ME OUT!

Dashing Ethan Davis Level 65 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Oct 06, 2013
Instead of trading equipment and gold maybe we could trade treasures? Treasures would probably be more of a variety and less rare when fighting battles and such. Other than just using treasures to sell to vendors maybe they can also be placed as an item in your home to give a person more of a reason to want a specific treasure.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
SwedishViking on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
Instead of trading equipment and gold maybe we could trade treasures? Treasures would probably be more of a variety and less rare when fighting battles and such. Other than just using treasures to sell to vendors maybe they can also be placed as an item in your home to give a person more of a reason to want a specific treasure.
Oh I totally agree. Some of those treasures are really nice looking, if you go by the thumbnail image. Even that really rare one that sells for 6 grand is really nice looking. It would be nice to be able to save them as decorations that you could sell when needed.

Community Leader
Fanatic 1129 on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
I meant that someone could trade with a friend and give things that he/she wants to give or doesn't want, but you have a point there that it could become unfriendly but that's a risk for a better game. ME OUT!

I do not think that adding trading of such items would make it a better game at all.
Quite the contrary.

It would make it unfriendly, completely disrupt the games economy, and open up avenues for further "scam" artists to prey on naive players.

Its easy to see the simple "I can share my stuff with my friends" aspect, but you have to see the big picture of what people will do with such access. Many play with the its all about me, I don't care about anyone else attitude, and those and others will abuse such a trading system.

Wizzy is limited to only treasure cards for a reason, no treasure cards in Pirate101, no need for the trade system.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
I'm pretty sure that trading between players isn't a very good idea. Everyone else pretty much covered it: unfriendly game environment, scamming, etc.

That being said in Wizard101 you can trade treasure cards though, and it remains a fairly good system.

So.....

PIRATE101 TREASURE CARDS
Much like tc's in W101, these would allow you to use a certain power one time. You could equip them under my powers and use them like W101 treasure cards (with a much lower drop rate obviously. can't have 20 pages of treasure cards like in W101) For example, if a boss grants you a "The Big Guns" treasure card (or the P101 equivalent) then you can put it with your other powers and use it.... once. Maybe it's unrealistic, but I think it could work out.
Hope to hear your thoughts on this.
Dark Orion Ire Lvl65 Merciless Octavio Ire Lvl 65 Fiery Dante Ire Lvl59

Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
Fanatic 1129 on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:

Trading with friends only isn't really any different than trading with random people on the street. It's literally three clicks to add someone as a friend. Also, trading a really good, rare, hat is completely different than trading a slightly-above-par spell that you can use precisely once. I would like some kind of trading, but equipment trading- not gonna happen. And just as well, it would cause some serious problems.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
I understand the predicament and do miss the trading of Treasure Cards in Wiz101, but I see a major road bloke for such an endeavor: we lack such an item to do so. Pirate101 has no such thing as Treasure cards for more or less obvious reasons. Adding such a thing in the game might cause things to go topsy turvy since is is a very different system of battling.That is my deep fear if this comes into game. but ye never know what them Creators hav up them sleeves.
As for gifting items, our witty Jack has told us that it is well acknowledged and might come soon.

Glad to voice mine own opinions.

Lavish Maria Laverne

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
Imagine this...
Kyle was farming for a rare drop a good robe from a boss for buccaners only.
He was farming with his other friend David and at the end of the battle Kyle did not got the
robe but David did. David was exicted for this rare drop but it was buccaners only.