Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Lost connection, player following ship

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 07, 2013
Hello this is my first time posting on Pirate101 message boards.
This is a odd thing, a glitch I think. I lost connection while flying my ship and then for a second my player and fox henchman were flying. And then my ship showed but my players were following the ship!!!!! (Not moving just following.) Let me ask, WHAT IS GOING ON?????????????

Perilous Zoe nightingale
(witch doctor sign) Olivia Underwood (witch doctor sign)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
When you lost connection for a few seconds and reconnected it caused a timing glitch. The game is remembering you in both places in time, as this game pretty much operates in 'real time' mode, It had a hiccup and wasn't sure which one was the real you so it just kept both. It happened to me too and I came back on my ship riding my mount (which was really cool) and my other, identical pirate was still there standing at the wheel of my ship. Only the newest one responded to commands but for a while I had great fun taking screenshots of my new twin. My motionless doppelganger was rising and sinking to waves that were in a different time of my new 'real' pirate, so we both looked like we were riding invisible teeter tooters (showing my age here ) . I had great fun with it until I got off my ship and then my long lost twin became lost again. Yea its a glitch but a really fun one.

Administrator
We're taking a look at this bug! Thanks for your report.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jul 07, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
When you lost connection for a few seconds and reconnected it caused a timing glitch. The game is remembering you in both places in time, as this game pretty much operates in 'real time' mode, It had a hiccup and wasn't sure which one was the real you so it just kept both. It happened to me too and I came back on my ship riding my mount (which was really cool) and my other, identical pirate was still there standing at the wheel of my ship. Only the newest one responded to commands but for a while I had great fun taking screenshots of my new twin. My motionless doppelganger was rising and sinking to waves that were in a different time of my new 'real' pirate, so we both looked like we were riding invisible teeter tooters (showing my age here ) . I had great fun with it until I got off my ship and then my long lost twin became lost again. Yea its a glitch but a really fun one.
Thanks, now I know why this happened.

Ensign
Jul 07, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
We're taking a look at this bug! Thanks for your report.
You're like the Lydia Greyrose for Pirate101.
And you're welcome.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
This glitch has happened to me too during the times that I had to go somewhere in the game fast .see you in the spiral