Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which class is the best to solo with?

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 16, 2011
I was wondering what class I should choose for soloing, I was thinking Privateer or Witchdoctor but if I could have peoples opinion that would be nice.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I have done my best soloing on my privateer. I just buff & heal my companions and we do quite well. My first mate is a necromancer pig (witchdoctor) and when he and Scratchy get together the wipe the board clean. Bonnie Anne is another favorite and now that I am level 65 I love using my new Aquila companions. The only time I had problems was when I needed to think outside the box and change my strategies and change how I was playing. Keeping an eye out for who has witchhunter would cause me to change my lineup for sure but overall I am doing well soloing.

Ensign
Aug 30, 2009
Swashbuckler with rouse, a little witchdoctor, and a little musketeer.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Any class can effectively solo the game if you know how to manage them. I've soloed 85 to 90 percent of the game on my Swashbuckler and I haven't been having problems because the only classes I have to worry about are Musketeers and Witchdoctors. I'd recommend going with the class that suits you the best, as there really is no 'best' class. It just depends on your perspective and style of playing.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Privateer is kind of hard with companions I would probably go with Buccaneer or Swashbuckler. Just my opinion.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
The best class to solo with is witchdoctor because you rarely die and it's easy to solo with .i soloed skull island ,monquistia Valencia , cool ranch and 20 percent of marleybone with it .it was easy to me .see you in the spiral level 55 witchdoctor

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
I am a level 57 witchdoctor, and I have soloed everything. I have also heard that Privateers are good at soloing. I find it hard to do dungeons with other people who aren't speaking to you directly, like if you needed to go get a drink for example, they'd just keep going on without you.
-Lily Evans level 57 Witchdoctor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Lily Evans on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
I am a level 57 witchdoctor, and I have soloed everything. I have also heard that Privateers are good at soloing. I find it hard to do dungeons with other people who aren't speaking to you directly, like if you needed to go get a drink for example, they'd just keep going on without you.
-Lily Evans level 57 Witchdoctor
Yes I agree that does seem rude. I love to look around a bit as I play and enjoy all the little things the developers put into the game for us so it is hard if you quest with someone who just wants to blaze through. My questing friends know I love to look and are happy to do the traveling while I poke around then I teleport to them. They try to be patient and I try to not delay too long. It's called teamwork and it works wonderfully when everyone is looking out for the other's needs. Hopefully I will run into you sometime on the game.

Petty Officer
Apr 11, 2013
l like my bucaneer, with privateer and swashing thrown in

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Witchdoctor because I have a privateer Natalie she once was in the Monquista Drains cave and she kept on failing no matter how many times she'd heal herself and my witchdoctor Hannah she wouldn't get taken out as much but your best bet would be Musketeer since you don't have to get close enough within enemy range.

Ensign
Feb 13, 2011
To me, I can solo anything my level that's not where I am outnumbered. Buccaneer seems worst with being a meh tank and meh damage, but throw in swashbuckler damage skills and you get one heck of a brawler.

My character is a level 27 buccaneer going on level 28. Sorry if this counts as a necro bump but I really don't know since this topic is not locked...

Petty Officer
Dec 28, 2012
I like any class that you promote your companions often but I like swashbuckler because when Sarah gets her promotion to corsair she's pretty beast I especially like Bonnies stock assault it's harsh to the enemy I like it

romantic Nicholas jones 40swash. see you in the game

Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
Swashbuckler. Definetly. With some practice in tactics, and training, a swashbuckler can be deadly powerful. I have solo'd Miranda, Beachead, and the wreck of the Victory just to name a FEW. My intention is not to brag, but to inform you of the soloing capabilities of a swashbuckler.

Yours truly,
Cunning Connor Carter
A deadly powerful swashbuckler

Ensign
Jul 04, 2012
Of course Buccaneers are the best in solo with some of swashbucklers and privateers skills cause they have a high armor and some skills that block damage on all physical attack and musketeers attack. And witchdoctors enemies are easy to kill.

Dead-Eye Valerian lvl 65 buccaneer

Ensign
Jan 05, 2010
I don't think any class is easier or harder than others when solo. Everyone faces easy and hard points to their individual class at different points of the game. Where one battle is easy for a certain class it may be harder for another class pending the talents and abilities of your enemies and which of your companions decide to show up to the battle.

But if I had to pick I would say Privateer because generally they get an additional companion in fights where other classes do not and healing helps.

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
Thunder Hawk on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
I was wondering what class I should choose for soloing, I was thinking Privateer or Witchdoctor but if I could have peoples opinion that would be nice.
My Privateer seemed to be the fastest and easiest to solo. So far my Privateer has not died in any battle since level 25. He also soloed Tso with only two companions, no pet, no side quests. Privateers have heals, buffs, and shields. My Privateer companion critical about 60% of the time with his critical buff. With all the criticals his companions(Swashbucklers) end up killing them very fast. I bought three swashbucklers from the crown shop-Ridolfo(i love unicorns!), Toreador, and Keisuke Yagi. With my highest percentage of companions being Swashbucklers makes it easier to win battles fast.

May the odds be ever in your favor~Shay

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
I think the buccaneer is the best pirate to solo with, after that privateer, but you can solo with every class, if you know how to manage them correctly

Blaze

Ensign
May 23, 2010
I have one of each class that I've soloed to the level cap (65).

Swashbuckler - this was the most fun and the class I like best. My swashbuckler is also the first character I play anything with so this is also where I make all the mistakes! I'm particularly fond of the combinations you can do with the invisibility and special strikes, and invisibility and poisons.

Privateer - this character was more grindy for me. I found it difficult to keep the character in enough gold to keep all those companions upgraded, plus the companions are usually the ones carrying the brunt of the battle because even critical hits are pretty weak for this character. For her I usually combine the accuracy buffs with the critical hit buffs and favor the companions who already have a high critical hit chance.

Musketeer - I adored all the traps and bombs! My musketeer is one of the two easiest classes to solo, at least so far. It makes such a difference when an enemy is almost dead before they reach you.

Buccaneer - Hands down the most difficult to solo for me. Without any companions with major heal I had a really hard time with this one. Love the combo of the shields and reckless frenzy though.

Witchdoctor - The easiest to solo (except against other witchdoctors with witch hunter - ugh). All the distance hits and AoEs and life steals make such a difference.

Ensign
Dec 20, 2008
Thunder Hawk on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
if you want to do lots of damage swashbuckler if you want to really on others privateer if you want to last long I recommend buccaneer and use practice points on privateer but swashbucklers I have seen swashbucklers can learn the pirate abilities from privateer and buccaneer classes for free but I recommend becoming a swashbuckler and learning the elusive abilities from privateer