Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Backstories

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
-walks into tavern muttering something about Eagilles and revenge- Eh? Oh, it's you guys! Please, have a seat... Did you hear what I was saying? Eeek! Don't tell Eagilles I said that! Err, if it'll convince you I made some Monquistan and Mooshuian pies! We have banana cream pies, cinnamon sliced banana pies, jasmine and ginger pies, and some green tea pies, which are all a lot better than they sound... Hopefully. -squeaks-

So, Pirates, sorry if it may bring up any bad memories, but what did you do in your life before Armada imprisonment? Back in Marleybone, I recall talking in a tavern with some friends of mine, exploring the areas, and even visiting Fun Town too, if I'm correctly remembering the title of the area... It was sometimes a bit boring, but mostly extremely enjoyable, Marleybone is very beautiful.

Where'd you grow up, what did you do, and what was life like? Boring? Adventurous? Share how it was here!

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
I grew up in Marleybone, always had. WHen I was two, My parents decided to show me around the Spiral. They first took me to Celestia, the lost kingdom underneath Skull Island. They had just hired some local muscle named Birgus when a Armada-enticed squid broke the ship in half. My parents, as far as I know, were killed. THey still might be in the gullet of that squid. The Armada had done this accidentally, as this was before Kane ruled Valencia, but I still mistrusted the Armada and the clockwork that ruled the ship. HIs name was Kane, still a vassal for Valencian power. Later on, after I came back home, I developed a quick eye, and good aim. The Armada began to be malicious, but not to the extent they are today. I decided I wanted to enlist to the Royal Amy. I'm still fiercely proud of my home country. They decided that being a somewhat shifty character, they put me in the smuggling division. I snuck onto Armada ships, grabbed their weapons, and brought them back to Mb. All went well, until a ship straight out of MooShu caught me.

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
It was good life in Marleybone. In the summer, me and my foster family (who were all dogs), took a weekend trip to the Isle of Fetch. We went to the beach and had fun on the pier. Now, going back there as a pirate, it was sad to see it destroyed by the evil armada. My foster parents would probably be very mad at me for starting a war with Catbeard (if they found out I helped)! My foster parents also gave me my first sword .
so that was my life before the Armada captured me.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
As a little girl, I sailed the skyways with my parents and my little brother, Connor. We were fairly happy just sailing around the Skull Island Skyways, until the Armada made our ship explode. Luckily, Gaspard managed to get Connor and I off the ship and into safety. Unfortunately, we got captured by the Royal Navy and Connor was unable to escape, unlike Gaspard and I. Gaspard took me to Scrimshaw where I was taken in by the Wharf Rats and I learned how to be a really REALLY good pickpocket and how to be fast on my feet.

Eventually, I got reunited with Connor, as he ended up serving for the Royal Navy and was assigned to guard Port Regal for some reason. When his ship was sunk by the Armada ships nearby, the Wharf Rats and I managed to save him and he became a pirate along with me.

He was caught smuggling weapons from the Armada, and was taken to jail, and when everyone at Port Regal heard about it, they started making fun of all his friends that he had made. I eventually caught an Armada Officer trying to arrest one of his friends. I, not able to stand this any longer, started fencing with the officer until he cheated and put me in jail. Still angry about it to this day.

Well, now that Connor and I are out, we've started our pirate careers again and kicking Armada metal! Don't worry, we're proud of it.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
As you may have known the Atherton family is of Valencian blood. We are all famous inventors.

Bernard: Indeed, all born members of the Atherton family are sent straight to Sivella to become famous for inventions the moment they turn one.

Griffin: But brother Quentin was sent there a day after he was born, and he understood everything perfectly, he became the most popular kid on campus.

Noah: The rest of us were sent there after we turned one.

Alexander: As we turned older, we all found our special talents during the Polarian war.

Indeed, I was so inspired by the clockworks that I decided to make clockwork soldiers and war machines for the resistance the moment the Armada turned against the Spiral.

Bernard: I was so good at sharpshooting that I decided to make inventions to be better at it.

Noah: There were so many secrets to success in science that when I tried them all it made me go mad, but I learned how to keep my madness under control, and became a grandmaster at creating battle plans.

Alexander: I'm not much of an inventor, I'm more like a breaker of sorts. I knew how many things worked, but every time I tried a different way to turn on or change the functions of an invention, it always falls apart, shatters, and from time to time, explodes. So I decided to become a saboteur for hire.

Griffin: I was good at creating battle strategies before heading off to attack, and my strategies were FIERCE!

But when the Armada turned, they knew about how fearsome the Athertons are as pirates, so they tried to kill us and our parents. They would have blasted us to bits unless mother ordered the crew to take us to different locations of the Spiral. We had foster families that knew our parents very well, which is why we were kept so secret from the Armada, that is until we were captured in different ways.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
As a toddler, my pirate witnessed my parent's ship get blasted to pieces by an armada ship in the passage between Skull Island and Mooshu. I was lucky though, for Gaspard de Vole, my protector, was able to get me onto a rowboat before he was captured by the clockworks. While sailing away, my Pirate passed out from the lack of oxygen, and awoke in a dojo that was led by Dragon Prince and was used to train guardians for empirical officials. For the next three years I was trained in martial arts basics. After Dragon Prince reviewed my class, He selected me to be personally trained in the art of assassination, secrecy, and swordsmanship. throughout the next seven years, my purpose was to eliminate those that posed a threat to the emperor, and temporarily served as a shadow guard to the Jade Palace. Six months before I was captured, I was summoned to the Dragon Prince's audience chamber to speak with him and his highly skilled council. when I arrived, Dragon Prince was not acting like himself (This was when he was impersonated by Lo Pan) and he commanded me to assassinate the emperor while in his state of Illness. I refused, and was assaulted by the council for disobeying orders. I defeated half of them before they tranquilized me. They confiscated my weapons, tools, and uniform, then threw me out the Stormgate. I was found by a MB ship and they brought me back to Port Regal. I planned to live my life as a normal citizen and join the navy when I grew older, in hopes to stop the dojo's corruption. Unfortunately, a ship of clockworks stopped by and were harassing a shopkeeper for not giving up metal (armada taxes, used to make clockworks), and when the toasters started getting hostile, I took up two butcher's Knives and sliced down several clockworks, until they captured me and brought me to Deacon to see what to do next. I was almost certain I would face execution, but when Deacon realized who I was, he spared me for some reason, and demanded that I be brought to Kane.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Hi there! I was raised in Cool Ranch, but boy it was not cool! Mostly ranch. Hmm. Funny how that works. Come to think of it, we never ate any ranch either. Hmm.
Oh, what? Right! I was raised in Arroyo Grande. Ooh, I miss that place. My favorite place to go was the Crystal Caves, because there was hardly anyone there and the minecarts and the crystals and the caverns and the... Everything. I lived in Junction, up on the top. It was beautiful seeing the river rush by and all the pirates stopping and flying through the windy skyway. I wanted to be a pirate someday. All my friends said I was the sneakiest; they could never find me while we were playing hide-and-go-seek in the caves. Then I stole from one of the Banditoads, (trust me, it was worth it!), and they just gave me away to the Armada.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
I'm one of the most famous Pirates in the Spiral so my backstory will be LONG! 10 years after Boochbeard and Gandry was born, I was born in a Marleybonian home, My sister lived in a different house for some odd reason but it's on the Isle of Fetch. I wish I could show you but the Armada had burnt it down to the ground. :( I was a brave Musketeer and I went out with adventures with Chase Freeman, I believe the was my dad. I can even tell you the family tree of the Rose family and here's some Moolang Tea and some Yum to. One day, we went into Skull Island in the Skull Island Skyway. We went there and once we got there, my dad was shot right out of the crow nest falling down to the deck. Once he hit, he was dead. I was so sad that I was gonna avenge the Armada and I shot them. The Armada took me away and our destination was the capital of Valencia, Cidaz. Rooke and Deacon argued allot on the voyage and Rooke wanted to protect me but it was just a setup. I didn't know so then the route changed to the Grand Design. I lived there for a couple of years until a assault happened. It was a great battle between Pirates and Clockworks. The Rose family persuaded to take me and I followed them. That was actually my family and I wasn't gonna see them again until a few years later. I then went to Mooshu and did the Pirates on this ship were trading for some spices to get some extra gold. I later found out that they're stored in the Presidio. I then went to Skull Island and Avery hired me to be in a Pirate Republic. It is his actually for the Pirates that didn't know that. I practiced shooting targets for a few years before I was sent on my first mission to get Avery's Jade Amulet back. A half of a year later, I met the Quentins. I was Rivals with them and you can find that part of my background on A Pirate's Life For me. I then met Black Rose again and at the Tumbleweed Docks in Cool Ranch. I found out she was my sister. I'll post the family tree later so bye now. To be continued

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Well, not being admitted to a distinguished university as an infant like the Atherton brothers (I didn't know Valencia universities accepted babies in diapers!), after her parents were killed by the Armada, Anne grew up in a village in rural MooShu, where she helped her foster family raise turnips, millet, greens, turnips, winter melon, sweet melons, turnips... you get the idea. However, since this was a village with rival Ninja pig clans, it was far from peaceful. Early on, Anne decided it was her mission in life to protect the other children from bullies. Since this decision was at age 6, these conflicts usually ended badly. For her. However, her Ninja Pig foster parents pretty much took it in stride, treating her like their own children, which is to say, dusting her off, bandaging her up, listening to what happened, and then giving her pointers for better success next time. Or, perhaps, the time after that.

Eventually, she got pretty good out of necessity, and learned for herself that if she could get an adversary angry while she kept her cool, she gained a significant advantage. Anne considered it a happy thing that she is a natural 'smart-mouth', though usually she is very polite, as both sets of parents trained her to be. Occasionally, however, she made some serious errors in judgment (knowing when an enemy is too big to deal with has never been one of Anne's strong points). One of those times Anne discovered that although her foster parents were loyal servants of the Emperor and strict adherents of his laws, yes, her foster mother did indeed have a secret, highly illegal stash of Yum on hand... for necessary emergencies.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
When I was about four years old, our ship was sailing through Valencia, until an Armada ship managed to board and kill my parents. Half the crew, and me, escaped. The lifeboat was captured by the Monquisition, and kidnapped Gaspard de Vole, one of my friends. We were taken all over the spiral, until me and their firstmate, Niurfi "Muffin" Agut (A mander) were the last ones left. We went to Krokotopia, and I learned in the ways of the spear and axe. Many years later, I took an unfortunate visit to the market. I was there, and the Armada appeared RIGHT BEHIND ME! They tried to arrest me. I fought back, but lost.

A few months later, two bumbling pirates set me free and I made friends with a Samoorai named Kobe Yojimbo.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
Well, not being admitted to a distinguished university as an infant like the Atherton brothers (I didn't know Valencia universities accepted babies in diapers!), after her parents were killed by the Armada, Anne grew up in a village in rural MooShu, where she helped her foster family raise turnips, millet, greens, turnips, winter melon, sweet melons, turnips... you get the idea. However, since this was a village with rival Ninja pig clans, it was far from peaceful. Early on, Anne decided it was her mission in life to protect the other children from bullies. Since this decision was at age 6, these conflicts usually ended badly. For her. However, her Ninja Pig foster parents pretty much took it in stride, treating her like their own children, which is to say, dusting her off, bandaging her up, listening to what happened, and then giving her pointers for better success next time. Or, perhaps, the time after that.

Eventually, she got pretty good out of necessity, and learned for herself that if she could get an adversary angry while she kept her cool, she gained a significant advantage. Anne considered it a happy thing that she is a natural 'smart-mouth', though usually she is very polite, as both sets of parents trained her to be. Occasionally, however, she made some serious errors in judgment (knowing when an enemy is too big to deal with has never been one of Anne's strong points). One of those times Anne discovered that although her foster parents were loyal servants of the Emperor and strict adherents of his laws, yes, her foster mother did indeed have a secret, highly illegal stash of Yum on hand... for necessary emergencies.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Ooh, quite interesting back stories! I thought it was time I posted my Witchdoctor and Swashbuckler's pasts. XD thanks to all of you who posted, gives me something to read while I still can't access Pirate or Wizard.

Keira Moone earned her title of "Ruthless" when she escaped from a shadier, dangerous part of Darkmoor, doing what she had to to leave. She made it to Skull Island, but something happened that got her in serious trouble with Avery, and Monquista. She was imprisoned in Zenda, but managed to escape years later. She hides from most of the Spiral now, but has a large crew she trusts instead of being in solitude. She did manage to practice some Hoodoo at some point, making her an extremely dexterous Witchdoctor. She lost her parents to a Storm, and led her life in Krokotopia.

Savannah Underwood made a living by robbing and raiding. She played by her rules, no one else's, and sometimes even broke her own rules. She lost her parents to a Squid, and she lives in Skull Mountain in a cavern. She has no crew, and does her work alone. She grew up in Skull Island.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
My back story
Part 1.my family's crew was looking for treasure but then they went into a storm and the ship got destroyed luckily a few members of the crew survived including me and lucky jack russel and they where floating on planks
Part 2.3 members of the crew ended up in krokotopia including me(but not including jack because he ended up on some frozen world in the spiral with non polarian penguins and polar bears,a navy of seals LOL,pirate orca's and arctic fox's but i will discuss that later)and was found by a fat female krok(Around a wopping 521 i think she needs to lay off the lies I mean cake)being carried by sweating enslaved manders due to the massive weight of that lazy krok anyways the krok took me as a gladiator and i also feed her a lot and i mean a lot

part 3. 5 years of slaverly later i get captured by the armada for attacking deacon and cutting off his left arm(P.S. he invested in repairs hence why he still has his left arm)And then i was in deacon's brig i will talk about the rest of the story later

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
With my parents killed by mutiny I was left alone and trained by scrimshaw rats . I learned the swashbuckler ways and became an assassin for hire but one day a curse put on me caused and still causes me to turn corrupt in battle . I was arrested for dueling and armada officer on the backbone of scrimshaw . I spent my early days with my wizard cuz chase dawnwalker in Grizzlehime

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
In Krokotopia, I trained hard to become a gladiator in the Sphinx Championship under the teachings of my foster father, General Gajoni Renam AKA The Arena Master.

My greatest moment was going on vacation to Azteca with my foster family. We got to visit Zultun and swim in the waterfall there.

Then when we returned home, I continued training for the Sphinx Championship. After months of it, I became ready to enter the Sphinx Championship. My hardest challenge in it was having to fence with Krokohotep. He nearly froze my sword. Luckily, I outsmarted the icy emperor and won the Sphinx Championship. My prize was a jackpot.

A few days later, I went to spend my riches on the marketplace. Unfortunately, the Armada broke in and were arresting the citizens shopping there. I stood up for them and fought against the Armada troops, but they fought back. I lost the battle, and was arrested.

Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
Oh my gosh..... I'm remembering.. The first five years! Yes, ohhhh... It pains me to remember my parents and my home before the Armada came. We were peaceful folk in Mooshu.. My 'mum and dad went for an afternoon sale. That's when we heard cannons fire, Valencian Cannons. I saw the faithful Raider docked to an Armada ship named The Revenge my parents were taken and their crew sailed the damaged ship away...My parents? *sigh* They were not heard from again.. -takes a slice of pie and eats some of it- Wow, that's some good pie there! Anyways, within my emotional break down, a Ninja pig named Ta Puh saw me and we became the greatest friends...they trained me and then I went out to get avenge my parents.. the Resistance would not allow me to go into battle, so I smuggled weapons and got caught by the Arma- Oh no! The Ones Below Command me to forget...I'm sorry.. So well, what were we talking about? Oh hi. Wow! This pie is amazing!

See you in the skyways
Jacob

Lieutenant
Sep 10, 2009
My pirate Richard is one of the royals in the kingdom of the pyramid of the sun. He has 5 siblings Sabrina (16), Andrew (12), Jasmine(12), Dylan (2), and Erika (2). His parents are the pharaohs (Marcus (39) and Cassandra (39) ). If you read my post on "pirate personalities" he was separated from his family by a direct Armada assault. The Armada was originally looking for Sabrina and arrest her for using magic. The party was also a special party for krokotopians. They get accepted to the world, but for the royal family they find out what god/goddess they got blessed by. Sabrina was blessed by the god of fire. Richard was about to find out what god he was about to be blessed by, but was interrupted by Rooke and Deacon. After the attack the entire kingdom was nothing but in ruin. The Armada thought the royal family was dead, but they were wrong. Every member survived, but was separated throughout the world and the Spiral. He was still in Krokotopia, but he didn't have any help because the royal guards were dead and the krok. army was nearly defeated. He technically was dead, but with the help of his immortality in his home world and his krok stone. He got caught by an ordinary Armada troop and was sent to Deacon's ship and eventually freed by Boochbeard, and Gandry. Months later the kingdom and the krokotopian army was rebuilt and Sabrina was temporally the new pharaoh.

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
I grew up in Krokotopia. I loved it there! I happened to be raised by none other than the great Krokankhamen. I could visit anywhere, the Krokosphinx, the great pyramids, the temples, and my favorite was the library! So many scrolls! I even won Krokotopian pit fighting under the instruction of General Khaba. I then began to hear about the Water Moles, and Water Mole Witchdoctors. They sounded enigmatic. I told Krokankhamen I wanted to learn the art of Hoodoo. He thought it was a good idea, so then he sent me to Skull Island to see Uga Buga, the famous witchdoctor. As you might or might might not know, the Armada had outlawed Hoodoo.
Just as Uga Buga was about to show me something cool, none other than Deacon and some Armada troops stormed in. Apparently he had single-handedly defeated the guards, and had come to arrest me. I really liked Krokotopia, maybe I'll return there someday. When I met Boochbeard I decided to study Hoodoo with Madame Vadima. She has taught me much.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Impish Omar Underwood

Omar has quite a colorful story. He was born while his parent's ship was in the stormgate leaving Darkmoor which tainted his eyes purple. after that, he stayed with them until he lost them in a Krokotopian sandstorm. Soon afterward though, he came across the Order of the Fang who took him in and raised him. Alhazred taught him magic and Kai Amate the Great brought him into the arenas and taught him how to fight.
Soon however, things went wrong. He stumbled upon Boochbeardin the Well of Spirits (he was a champion foe the Djeserit family). He was attempting to steal a sorcerer's talisman when he lost his grip on the jewel, Omar tried to catch it before it fell into the well, but though he caught it, he accidentally dipped his left arm into the waters. it caused him so much excruciating pain that in a few minutes, he passed out. Upon awakening, Omar found himself in the Balance School with his arm nothing but bone from his hand to his elbow (now don't worry, he can actually move it). Fearing his safty, the Order decided that staying in Krok would be too dangerous now. So Omar left on a ship heading to Marleybone with a spell book as his souvenir of Krokotopia.
Omar then traveled the Spiral and seen many sight from Albion to Aquilla. Soon he found himself in Valencia and with the help with a swashbuckler and a privateer, found a book possessing the history of Darkmoor, the only world out of his reach. Unfortunately, the Armada caught us and they scrammed. I ran through the cities and hid my book in Sivella before He came along and siphoned my knocked me out the last thing I remembered was his reflective glasses on his beak mask.
I was sentenced to be publicly hanged before Ol' Boochbeard found me and the rest is history

Thank you Once again Highlander Fox. Farewell all!