Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Favorite Aquilan Companion?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hello again, pirates! Today I'm sticking with those hawklavas someone mentioned in that discussion about Spiral foods... Though I doubt I did too well, I burned the first batch... Sheesh Aquilans, try making some less difficult delicacies?

So, today I want to discuss Aquilan companions, such as Zeena, Hawkules, and Argos. Which one of the many companions we see in Aquila do you like best? I enjoy Hawkules, he's too funny!

Which do you like?

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Me i love hawkules, especially because he's so casually full of himself "I'm the son of Zeus remember?"

and because he and El Toro dont get along XD

X

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Well as i love the damage dealing companions especially swashbuckler sorts, I have to go with Samocles, he has some awesome graphic hits and does a ton of damage if you set him up right on his epic abilities. He does on average 500 hp hits. He dodges well and if you give him riposte 3 i feel for the NPC's attacking him cause he will annihilate them. 2k hp aint bad at 67 either. He does have weaknesses though as most companions do. Doesnt fair well against witchdoctor class or musketeers but then again who does? I like Zeena too but i was really hoping for the centaur archer princess instead much neater graphics and visually much nicer to look at then a bird lady LOL. I was dissappointed in Marleybone with the companion selection they chose. Both the engineer and the Dog you get for swashbuckler were way below average in terms of the level of damage and capabilties that most of my other companions had. They were very limited in abilties and attitude. I like Ratbeard's comments and monkey kings funny humor as well as Bonnie Anne's calming and level headed comments. The new companions lacked personality!! Having to wait till 65 to get Zeena and Samocles was kinda harsh too would have been nicer to get them at the point we could have used them to better advantage like say when you first get to Nova Aquila. When i got Samocles and zeena i was already done with the main story line quests and had my map piece. So for future reference KI please give us companions before the end of the story. I understand some people just dont follow side questing to that point but these particular 2 companions couldnt be gotten until you reached level 65 and had finished certain side quests. Correct me if im wrong.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Dracorro on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Well as i love the damage dealing companions especially swashbuckler sorts, I have to go with Samocles, he has some awesome graphic hits and does a ton of damage if you set him up right on his epic abilities. He does on average 500 hp hits. He dodges well and if you give him riposte 3 i feel for the NPC's attacking him cause he will annihilate them. 2k hp aint bad at 67 either. He does have weaknesses though as most companions do. Doesnt fair well against witchdoctor class or musketeers but then again who does? I like Zeena too but i was really hoping for the centaur archer princess instead much neater graphics and visually much nicer to look at then a bird lady LOL. I was dissappointed in Marleybone with the companion selection they chose. Both the engineer and the Dog you get for swashbuckler were way below average in terms of the level of damage and capabilties that most of my other companions had. They were very limited in abilties and attitude. I like Ratbeard's comments and monkey kings funny humor as well as Bonnie Anne's calming and level headed comments. The new companions lacked personality!! Having to wait till 65 to get Zeena and Samocles was kinda harsh too would have been nicer to get them at the point we could have used them to better advantage like say when you first get to Nova Aquila. When i got Samocles and zeena i was already done with the main story line quests and had my map piece. So for future reference KI please give us companions before the end of the story. I understand some people just dont follow side questing to that point but these particular 2 companions couldnt be gotten until you reached level 65 and had finished certain side quests. Correct me if im wrong.
Same here samocles is amazing he is very accurate and dodgy so if you give Hume riposte he will be even better he knocked out a boss in one round when I used him samocles is my favorite

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013