Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Favorite Pirate101 Fanfiction Authors

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hehe, ahoy mateys! How are ye all, and can I interest you in some Marleybonian Jaffa Tarts or some caramel chocolate cupcakes with a glass of tea or Yum?

Today, I was thinking... There's quite a bit of fanfiction on the site now, and plenty of amazing authors! Just wondering, do you have a favorite? I have two actually...

My favorites are Virtuous Anne Radcliffe (seriously, go read her stories as soon as you can. They're AMAZING.) and D.S. Devereaux. (She's also amazing with her stories, and if memory serves me right, poetry too!) What are yours?

YARRR for all ye writers out there, for I've read some great stories on the website. -sips tea- In fact, I'm bored as of now so I'm going to go read a couple. Bye now!

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
I'm a fan of Virtuous Anne Radcliffe! You're right, Emma, her stories are absolutely AMAZING and cleverly written. If anything, you should go and check out her multiple works. Yarr!

Viva los Piratas!

D.S. Devereaux

P.S. I appreciate the mention! It's always nice to know who reads. :)

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
DS Devereaux on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
I'm a fan of Virtuous Anne Radcliffe! You're right, Emma, her stories are absolutely AMAZING and cleverly written. If anything, you should go and check out her multiple works. Yarr!

Viva los Piratas!

D.S. Devereaux

It's no problem, Miss Devereaux, and I'm a huge fan. :)

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Personally i am not a huge fan of fan fiction(lol)It's mainly because most of them contain disturbingly weird....well let's just say you will need to read fan fiction outside of pirate101 to find out what i was going to say however i do find some saving grace's (or gracie conrad's i guess) in fanfiction for example there's this one fan fiction called "pythor's past" on deviantart explaining fan origin's of pythor
And then there are these pirate101 fan fiction's whice are amazing.

virtous anne radcliffe is my favorite one(i know kinda a cliche pick)but i guess she's the fawful's minion of pirate101 fanfiction as in she is picked by everyone as a good fan fiction author but there is a good reason why.

she has great writing as well,And best of all none of that usual fan fiction weird stuff.

silver joseph vane
A new musketter character i am going to make for my LP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well so far I have only read Ann's, thanks to your sterling recommendation. I actually wasn't aware of it (that's what I get for focusing too much on the shutterbugs out there ) but Anne Radcliffe's stuff is truly wonderful and full of marvelous plots that has me on the edge of my seat to see what happens. Such cliffhangers ! I spent so much time reading that all my friends had gone to bed by the time I got to the actual game, lol.
I am eagerly looking forward to delving into the other authors and D.S. Devereaux is my next read. x gets a large ice coffee and pulls up a comfy chair x x Giggles x This is gonna be good.......

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Well so far I have only read Ann's, thanks to your sterling recommendation. I actually wasn't aware of it (that's what I get for focusing too much on the shutterbugs out there ) but Anne Radcliffe's stuff is truly wonderful and full of marvelous plots that has me on the edge of my seat to see what happens. Such cliffhangers ! I spent so much time reading that all my friends had gone to bed by the time I got to the actual game, lol.
I am eagerly looking forward to delving into the other authors and D.S. Devereaux is my next read. x gets a large ice coffee and pulls up a comfy chair x x Giggles x This is gonna be good.......
Back when I was finishing parts 6-9 or A Survivor's Word, I wrote all three in one evening. I had planned to quest out of some world that day, but spent my time with coffee and words.

...on that note, I hope you like my work. Let me know what you think of it? >.<

Viva!

D.S. Devereaux

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
*Blushing* *A Lot* Wow. Thank you all so much for your kind words. And here I was wondering if anyone actually read any of it. I am glad, Emma, of the chance to say a few compliments of my own, and I will start out with D.S. Devereaux, who writes stories with great style, verve, and description, whose heroine is a wonderfully checkered one, truly a mixture of rogue and hero. I also particularly liked _The Chronicles of Captain Fisher III_ (Honest Ilana Thompson). This well-written short saga is coherent with a lot of passion and sometimes complex personal interactions (note to self: do not hide things from adopted kids and let them find out when they are teenagers!). The dialog between Deacon and the pirate's mother shortly before the latter's death was intense and defiant, and I really liked the excellent description of Grizzleheim life for the child, and what it meant for her. And similarly for 'Shy Catherine Holystone's' tale (My Piece of the World, I think the title is), I liked the MooShu details of Catherine's life, from the cow girl in a marriage kimono to Catherine needing to reconcile her privileged but restricted noble life with her desire for adventure.

A really lovely short story was _Spanish Word_ (Black Sloan Quick). I enjoyed this gentle tale with its earnest personal interactions, demonstrating well why this pirate captain is worthy of following. And in _The Death of the Golden Eye_ (Xavier Donnely), the interaction of the child (who sees his parents for the last time, but does not realize it) and the adults around him is beautifully done, with realistic details like the paws of the Dog who will become his foster father. The ending to this story is beautifully poetic, really well written.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
*Blushing* *A Lot* Wow. Thank you all so much for your kind words. And here I was wondering if anyone actually read any of it. I am glad, Emma, of the chance to say a few compliments of my own, and I will start out with D.S. Devereaux, who writes stories with great style, verve, and description, whose heroine is a wonderfully checkered one, truly a mixture of rogue and hero. I also particularly liked _The Chronicles of Captain Fisher III_ (Honest Ilana Thompson). This well-written short saga is coherent with a lot of passion and sometimes complex personal interactions (note to self: do not hide things from adopted kids and let them find out when they are teenagers!). The dialog between Deacon and the pirate's mother shortly before the latter's death was intense and defiant, and I really liked the excellent description of Grizzleheim life for the child, and what it meant for her. And similarly for 'Shy Catherine Holystone's' tale (My Piece of the World, I think the title is), I liked the MooShu details of Catherine's life, from the cow girl in a marriage kimono to Catherine needing to reconcile her privileged but restricted noble life with her desire for adventure.

A really lovely short story was _Spanish Word_ (Black Sloan Quick). I enjoyed this gentle tale with its earnest personal interactions, demonstrating well why this pirate captain is worthy of following. And in _The Death of the Golden Eye_ (Xavier Donnely), the interaction of the child (who sees his parents for the last time, but does not realize it) and the adults around him is beautifully done, with realistic details like the paws of the Dog who will become his foster father. The ending to this story is beautifully poetic, really well written.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Anne, you're amazing. Seriously, I love your tastes in Pirate101 stories and your writing abilities, they're simply awesome. I'm working on some stories of my own too.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
My Goodness Anne, with all of your other sterling talents you are also a fantastic reviewer. Since the famous movie team has advanced to the great beyond, we now know who at least one of the new replacements should be for the book division. A Harrrrrty thumbs up

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I also have to mention that, although they may not be fanfiction persay, I enjoy some of the usually multiple author impromptu stories that come up on the message boards and end up gleefully expanded in surprising ways. I have been laughing a lot at Indigo Ring's thread of sulky, mutinous pirates facing smug wizards, which impishly expanded into more mutinous worries into now a hilarious invention of 'Clockwork Yum' which although is unfit to drink, may prove to be a weapon (if it is stable enough). Then there is the playfully awkward matter of Emma and the stolen Achean spear. More awkward moments give unexpected hilarity as Christina tries to 'help' Catbeard. Those are the examples I can think of right now, and they work I think because people are working and playing together cooperatively to amuse and please others as well as themselves.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
DS Devereaux on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:

Viva los Piratas!

D.S. Devereaux

Hey Destiny, just a comment, but I read your story about the Bison. Courage in the Wind I believe it was called? It's amazing.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
Hey Destiny, just a comment, but I read your story about the Bison. Courage in the Wind I believe it was called? It's amazing.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
Oh, uh, thanks! *blushes* I used that piece to enter a recent community contest. See, I've loved Native American folklore for the longest time, and I wanted to make up a tale of my own. Thanks for reading!

Anne, there's also the Spiral Cuisine thread - plenty of interesting stories are shared there! :)

Viva!

D.S.D.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
DS Devereaux on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
Oh, uh, thanks! *blushes* I used that piece to enter a recent community contest. See, I've loved Native American folklore for the longest time, and I wanted to make up a tale of my own. Thanks for reading!

Anne, there's also the Spiral Cuisine thread - plenty of interesting stories are shared there! :)

Viva!

D.S.D.
Yes, Destiny, I also want to chime in with my praise -- I really like the invented myth! I like that. I haven't read all the new fan fiction yet, but another I particularly liked was _Tavern Tales_ where Ratbeard amusingly relates the unfortunate results of his fourth alliance with Catbeard (this one "after the debacle at Flotsam"- great introduction)

And yes, the Spiral Cuisine thread of our friend Finnigan has been a great deal of fun, mixing up history, puns, a little bit of Wizard, and of course our pirate-y exploration and curiosity of the Spiral. (And in case anyone is wondering about the last post, I did not make up the stuff about pickled grasshoppers and grainy beverages sipped through long straws -- that's all true for the ancient -and seriously cool- Mesopotamians. Of course they ate all that fruit and more with great enjoyment, but I figured Ophidians would not, and I thought it would be pretty funny for Anne, trying blindly to figure her way around foreign customs, to end up eating the decorations)

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
While all the fanfic Veterans are all here, I was wondering if I could get feedback on a story I wrote. it's called Heros of Aquila. Here's a preview:
Part 1
Eagilles
I scowled at my opponent, who stood firm before me, and I watched as His one eyed face smiled with sadistic confidence. I turned my scared, bruised head to see a fallen heap of armor and feathers. This is what has become of my courageous comrades. As I turned I felt my helmet tumble off my head, which was not to my surprise, for it had already been demolished in the previous bouts, and my copious amount of sweat allowed it to slide. I looked back to my front to see three Cyclopes observing me with malicious intent.
The foe in the middle had a bronze helm with gold markings of which I was not familiar. He was taller than the rest, and his bulbous muscles were riddled with Chthonic ink patterns, anything like which showed worship to the Underworld. His name was Rithocious and he spoke in a tone deep enough to breach the walls of Tartarus. “You have come here, mighty Spartan, in search of a prize you will not bear. I offer you a most generous choice that you have earned for creating such amusement. You may return to your home dishonored, or greet Hades as a hero.”
I could not return to my home without the prize, for it is forbidden to retreat, even when The great Immortals face the front. There would be no family for me to shame, for knowing them is considered a distraction from my lifetime of training. It leads to the fear of loss, and I was taught that fear and fall, begin and end, alike. I reached downward to lift my spear, a legendary weapon that has slain countless monsters. I strutted over to an ally that has met a fate I wish upon these cretins, and I lifted his battered shield. “You are correct,” I spoke aloud whilst taking my stance for battle. “I shall not bear the prize in my wings.” Rithocious smiled. “you shall hold it in your cold, severed hands
when I return to my trophy room!!”

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Elemutation on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
While all the fanfic Veterans are all here, I was wondering if I could get feedback on a story I wrote. it's called Heros of Aquila. Here's a preview:
Part 1
Eagilles
I scowled at my opponent, who stood firm before me, and I watched as His one eyed face smiled with sadistic confidence. I turned my scared, bruised head to see a fallen heap of armor and feathers. This is what has become of my courageous comrades. As I turned I felt my helmet tumble off my head, which was not to my surprise, for it had already been demolished in the previous bouts, and my copious amount of sweat allowed it to slide. I looked back to my front to see three Cyclopes observing me with malicious intent.
The foe in the middle had a bronze helm with gold markings of which I was not familiar. He was taller than the rest, and his bulbous muscles were riddled with Chthonic ink patterns, anything like which showed worship to the Underworld. His name was Rithocious and he spoke in a tone deep enough to breach the walls of Tartarus. “You have come here, mighty Spartan, in search of a prize you will not bear. I offer you a most generous choice that you have earned for creating such amusement. You may return to your home dishonored, or greet Hades as a hero.”
I could not return to my home without the prize, for it is forbidden to retreat, even when The great Immortals face the front. There would be no family for me to shame, for knowing them is considered a distraction from my lifetime of training. It leads to the fear of loss, and I was taught that fear and fall, begin and end, alike. I reached downward to lift my spear, a legendary weapon that has slain countless monsters. I strutted over to an ally that has met a fate I wish upon these cretins, and I lifted his battered shield. “You are correct,” I spoke aloud whilst taking my stance for battle. “I shall not bear the prize in my wings.” Rithocious smiled. “you shall hold it in your cold, severed hands
Marvelously written with jaw-dropping detail. Nice vocabulary, too. Touch up on your spelling/grammar a tiny bit and I'd call it good-to-go! I'd love to know who this "I" is, as he/she seems to be quite the hero. Can't wait to see more!

Viva los Piratas!

D.S. Dev

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Elemutation on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
Part 1
Eagilles
Nice word usage. Great detail. Can't wait to see who this hero is and what the prize is and how it turns out. You do have the cliffhanger skill well honed, lol.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Quentin Atherton.

Favorite moment: From "Time Machine-Part 2"

Quentin: Well, do you want to fill in for Bonnie and Toro, Oswald?

Oswald: Me? AW YEA!!!