Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Power Card vs Weapon (Natural) Attack

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
I've been playin' on me Witchdoctor the last few days an' was really glad when the lass finally got a few Epic abilities (Mojo Echo & Mojo Rising). I noticed that whether the lass used the proud beauty's staff or a Power card (Chain Lightnin', Mournsong, etc) that the lass could trigger Mojo Echo an' would get another chance t' hit an enemy.

Now I'm playin' on me Musketeer who has Double Tap an' it got me t' wonderin'. How come Double Tap & Mojo Risin' (Bladestorm fer Buccaneers) don't trigger if ye keelhaul an enemy while playin' a Power Card. But only when strictly usin' yer' "natural attack"?

~SM~

Edit: Actually I KNOW Bladestorm DOES trigger when usin' a card. Because that's how me Buccaneer killed those three Ettins. In the middle o' the battle it would say "Bladestorm" then after the lass hit which one the lass had targeted it went back t' sayin' "Reckless Frenzy".

~SM~

I created a thread about it here on P101C to see if anyone knows why this works for certain weapons, Power cards, Epics, etc but not others that are similar.

If Old Scratch can produce a Mojo Echo from using either his 3x3 Improved Mojo Blast AoE OR his one hit Jobu's Breath then how come Bonnie Anne doesn't trigger Burst Fire from her Scatterblast attack?

There are a lot of Centralers who are giving reasonable replies. However, I would like the correct one.

Thanks so much :)

~SM~

Developer
The area-of-effect attacks of Musketeers do not trigger epic talents, neither on yourself, nor on enemies.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
The area-of-effect attacks of Musketeers do not trigger epic talents, neither on yourself, nor on enemies.
Well Sir Ratbeard, although you are known for your wonderful economy with words (you say a lot with those few, I admit), She asked a several great questions that I have been wondering about too.
Would you please elaborate .