Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gracie Conrad VERSUS Catbeard!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Bonjour, mes amis. In other, less fancy words, YARRR, Pirates of the skies! How are ya all, and can I interest anyone with a glass of Yum or a slice of Yum cake?

So, I've seen quite a few threads like this. So I decided to make one of my own!

Who would win in the epic battle between Gracie and Catbeard? I dunno, but I think they both have a chance... But I'd say Gracie. It's a dog eat cat world! -winks-

Gracie seems to be more on the smart side. What am I saying, she is. My thoughts are that she'd probably start out with that electronic trap of hers, get a few hits on Catbeard and bring out the golem. She'd need to have some decent epics to get rid of those waves and waves of criticals though...

So, who do you think would win? Go ahead and think about it while I go make some more Yum cake, and I need that tea too...

See ya in the Skyways!

Sneaky Emma Everhart

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
well since both of these are on my last pages it would not matter who wins

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Gracie and Catbeard are both such good-humored people that it is hard to imagine them fighting each other! (And they are terrific companions by the way; I love them both) In a sparring match, they'd probably be about equally matched: Gracie with that arm of hers swinging a wrench rivaling any baseball legend's bat, but Catbeard is no mean swordsman either. Catbeard, though, could take mischievous advantage: Catbeard leveling a fish at Gracie's golem, Gracie dropping her guard and yelling "No! The moisture and salt will ruin the metal!"; or Catbeard looking into the distance at an imaginary point and saying "what a fascinating collection of gears that machine has" and Gracie whipping her head around, "Where?" So, yes, Catbeard could readily win by cheating.

However, Catbeard is easily as distractable as Gracie... indeed, Emma, I saw how he particularly enjoyed your seed cakes (ate all of them, in fact). So perhaps a word in Gracie's ear, and she can counter with "Aren't there some more seed cakes on that table there?" or "Isn't that a jar of Aquilan olives I see in the corner over there?"

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Ensign
May 21, 2012
I think Gracie Conrad would win.

I mean, like HighLander said, it's a dog eat cat world. And please pass some Yum.

Anyways, Gracie would set that trap first round. Wait like... two more rounds and set the golem.

But, Catbeard would do his ultra attacks on Gracie.

So, they both have a chance.

The Privateer'n Wizard

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
o gosh gracie is *wispers loudly* WORTHLESSS.... cat beard could do in her little skunkish face without a scratch, (ok, hardly a scratch, she has a gaurenteed crit*

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Round 1a (Carbeard): Catbeard postures, and threatens Gracie in a supercilious way.
Round1b (Gracie): Gracie pops open a can of pickled herring.

Round 2a (Catbeard): Carbeard strikes a different pose, and uses one of his special abilities to make his fur more shiny.
Round 2b (Gracie): Gracie slides the open can across the floor, toward Catbeard.

Round 3a (Catbeard): Catbeard immediately (but daintily) buries his face in the can and begins scarfing the herring.
Round 3b (Gracie): Gracie brains him with her wrench.

Game 1 to Gracie.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Gracie Conrad because she is more of the smarter one while Catbeard is more of a traveling guide.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
Bonjour, mes amis. In other, less fancy words, YARRR, Pirates of the skies! How are ya all, and can I interest anyone with a glass of Yum or a slice of Yum cake?

So, I've seen quite a few threads like this. So I decided to make one of my own!

Who would win in the epic battle between Gracie and Catbeard? I dunno, but I think they both have a chance... But I'd say Gracie. It's a dog eat cat world! -winks-

Gracie seems to be more on the smart side. What am I saying, she is. My thoughts are that she'd probably start out with that electronic trap of hers, get a few hits on Catbeard and bring out the golem. She'd need to have some decent epics to get rid of those waves and waves of criticals though...

So, who do you think would win? Go ahead and think about it while I go make some more Yum cake, and I need that tea too...

See ya in the Skyways!

Sneaky Emma Everhart
Cat beard would win he gets critical attacks on many of his turns and they are very powerful and he has relentless which can be a big game changer. Even though Gracie has a golem it doesn't have a lot of health and doesn't do an extensive amount of damage and as for her bomb cat beard could easily not go near it and avoid the explosion
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 61
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 65

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
Gracie and Catbeard are both such good-humored people that it is hard to imagine them fighting each other! (And they are terrific companions by the way; I love them both) In a sparring match, they'd probably be about equally matched: Gracie with that arm of hers swinging a wrench rivaling any baseball legend's bat, but Catbeard is no mean swordsman either. Catbeard, though, could take mischievous advantage: Catbeard leveling a fish at Gracie's golem, Gracie dropping her guard and yelling "No! The moisture and salt will ruin the metal!"; or Catbeard looking into the distance at an imaginary point and saying "what a fascinating collection of gears that machine has" and Gracie whipping her head around, "Where?" So, yes, Catbeard could readily win by cheating.

However, Catbeard is easily as distractable as Gracie... indeed, Emma, I saw how he particularly enjoyed your seed cakes (ate all of them, in fact). So perhaps a word in Gracie's ear, and she can counter with "Aren't there some more seed cakes on that table there?" or "Isn't that a jar of Aquilan olives I see in the corner over there?"

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Yes, cheating could take a win for either of them. They're both quite distractable (especially Catbeard) but still, it just depends on who notices first.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Indigo Ring on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
Round 1a (Carbeard): Catbeard postures, and threatens Gracie in a supercilious way.

Round 2a (Catbeard): Carbeard strikes a different pose, and uses one of his special abilities to make his fur more shiny.
Round 2b (Gracie): Gracie slides the open can across the floor, toward Catbeard.

Round 3a (Catbeard): Catbeard immediately (but daintily) buries his face in the can and begins scarfing the herring.

Game 1 to Gracie.
Oh gosh. Gracie is more on the strategic side, and Catbeard is immensely distractable. And the idea of her braining him with her wrench makes me laugh for some reason! I think it all matters on epics and opinions.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Lol, Remind me to never challenge you to a match of wits. Your imagination would run circles around mine and if not, your sense of humor would have me laughing so hard that the giggle tears would have my vision so blurred that I would be totally at your mercy ( and loving every minute of it ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indigo Ring on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:

Game 1 to Gracie.
Lol, Oh my goodness, x wipes tears from eyes x . I can totally picture the whole scene. x offers Catbeard some Tylenol for migraines & hands him a package of wet wipes to get all the smushed fish out of his face when Gracie's whoomp plastered his face into the herring can x.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I do rely on Gracie a lot, but I may choose Catbeard. He shoots pickled herring like a hardcore swash, coming right out of his school's mechanics! Conrad's Golem can easily shoot down Catbeard, but with the herring missles, he may knock out the Golem and use Blade Storm to drill down Gracie's health to a half!

Petty Officer
Dec 28, 2012
LOL I can't even see it but I think Gracie would win, she would trigger a lot of "did you knows" on Catbeard so that he would FLUNK OUT! get it?

the skyways are calling me - Romantic Nicholas Jones level 40 swashbucler

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
I would have to sat Catbeard because e criticals a LOT and can confuse Gracie by rambling on about something important while sidetracking himself like in the Nepoliguin puppet show. While Gracie is rollin on the floor laughing, Catbeard literally slaps her uncontious with an overly large fish.

with hopes for Catbeard,

Impish Omar Underwood

I'm hiring you to start a war. Its a prestigious line of work with a long and glorious tradition.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
gracie would win, I have to give catbeard 5 BOXES of pickled herring to get him to fight, and besides they are both to nice to fight one another, a real epic fight would be between argos and hawkules, mine have the same stats, except hawk has an extra relentless

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Catbeard. Dat Relentless...............and Ripostes with the dodge.........

Captain
May 16, 2011
I want to say it will be a tie. They are both awesome companions, and don't want either to die.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
A side note, I think Gracie would win by default because if Catbeard laid a CLAW on my Gracie, he'd get clonked over the head with this. -gestures to Wizard Emma's "borrowed" battle axe-

-gets whacked by Wizard Emma-

Ciao!

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Well if you go on just what they are capable of in the game Catbeard would beat her easily. When he is trained only in relentless he can do LOTS of damage. I've seen him wipe out enemies at full health in one attack. I've never seen Gracie do more than a few hundred damage. Besides the stench from Catbeards little can of fish distracts, disorients and thoroughly sickens his enemies. Gracie would catch one whiff of the fish, throw down her wrench and run away screaming.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme