Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

who's better:D Sarah Steele or Kobe Yojimbo

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
hopefully Sarah responds to this who would win a fight mouse corsair vs bull samoorai lord

Captain
May 02, 2009
They are both pretty much the same, but thankfully I have both my Sarah Steele and Kobe Yojimbo at level 50 so I can see who has the better stats since they both have the same powers.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Kobe!

First of all, he is a main companion from the start so he may be more powerful. Plus, in real life cows can stomp on mice .

Not to mention he is my companion and totally kicks some pirate booty (pun intended).

Ensign
Feb 02, 2010
I think sarah and kobe are the same stat wise but i think sarah looks cooler ^^

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I would say Kobe, for one, very, very specific reason. First, I would like to note that Kobe and Sarah both have the exact same stats (excluding talents and both at equal level) and can learn the exact same epics. BUT, Kobe starting epic is First Strike, while Sarah's is repel boarders. First Strike is a must have for just about all Swashbucklers, and it is already there, meaning that you don't have to worry about giving it to him. Repel boarders, on the other hand, is only useful to certain companions with certain other epics (ex: Ratbeard with his hold the line), meaning that you have to give Sarah first strike when she promotes, unlike Kobe, who already has it. That being said, Kobe is the better buckler.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
"Kobe and Sarah both have the exact same stats (excluding talents and both at equal level) and can learn the exact same epics."

I don't think so. Sarah can learn Flanking, and Kobe cannot, unless I am very much mistaken (I am more familiar with his crown shop cousin). In a straight (hypothetical) one on one fight, flanking is useless; but in a real Pirate101 brawl, flanking is one of the best skills out there, in my experience.

In terms of appearance, Sarah (and cousin Lucy) have among the most elegant and graceful fencing moves; But she has to be the most graceless runners I have ever seen (when she is your first mate and running beside you).

My preference is for Sarah over Kobe, but that is because I am a big fan of flanking. Both are excellent companions.

-Indigo

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Elemutation on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
I would say Kobe, for one, very, very specific reason. First, I would like to note that Kobe and Sarah both have the exact same stats (excluding talents and both at equal level) and can learn the exact same epics. BUT, Kobe starting epic is First Strike, while Sarah's is repel boarders. First Strike is a must have for just about all Swashbucklers, and it is already there, meaning that you don't have to worry about giving it to him. Repel boarders, on the other hand, is only useful to certain companions with certain other epics (ex: Ratbeard with his hold the line), meaning that you have to give Sarah first strike when she promotes, unlike Kobe, who already has it. That being said, Kobe is the better buckler.
but sarah is technically faster

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
I agree that First Strike is a a good Epic, but I'd say that Repel Boarders is better. First Strike is used only when the enemy attacks someone, while Repel Boarders is when an enemy confronts someone, making it that that someone doesn't even have to be attacked to trigger the Epic. Sarah Steele = Better

Have a Great Day! Lvl 59

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
I agree that First Strike is a a good Epic, but I'd say that Repel Boarders is better. First Strike is used only when the enemy attacks someone, while Repel Boarders is when an enemy confronts someone, making it that that someone doesn't even have to be attacked to trigger the Epic. Sarah Steele = Better

Have a Great Day! Lvl 59

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
DrParrot on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:

Have a Great Day! Lvl 59
I would dissagree because i use First strike way more than Repel Boarders. Repel Boarders only works once an enemy comes near her, meaning only one extra attack per enemey (unless they move away and come back, which is extremely rare in almost all types of combat). First strike works whenever an enemy attacks you, which happens much more often, meaning several extra attacks per enemy.

ex: enemy comes near sarah who has repel boarders and first strike x2. sarah attacks once for repel boarders, then the enemy tries to attack, first strike activates, and she attacks. this triggers one of many, many response epics, and sarah first strikes again. that means that first strike has scored two hits, against repel's one. plus, first strike hits many more times when considereing upcomming rounds.

Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
I personally like Kobe!

First, his voice, imo, is EPIC!

Second, the most common critical strike he uses is MEGA!

Third, if Kobe's epics are First Strike, Riposte, and Relentless, he is basically powerful (he is a level 22 on my Buccaneer and has done over 600 damage in a single round with those epics!).

Last, my favorite world is Mooshu, and Kobe is from it. I liked how the people would use quotes that make no sense. I also like the movie 'Mulan' (and the dragon's name is Mooshu. Hmm...)

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
ok one quick question... um, does anyone here remember that Kobe can get relentless and Sarah cant? just wondering ....