Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Story

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 10, 2010
Hi I am in the monkey world ( don't know how spell it) and don't understand the story of pirate101 at all. I don't know if I haven't been paying attention or if it haven't been explained( like in a book it takes awhile to understand the story). Could someone tell me why I don't understand and if you would explain the story IF I have not been paying attention. If it has not been explained yet just tell me so and I will pay close attention.

Thanks
Crazy Dylan LVL 13 musketeer
See you n the Spiral

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
you still got alot of content to do,

I would just start really reading the story from here on out then later make a new char and do skull island again to pick up what little bit you missed

Developer
MusketMan100 on May 30, 2013 wrote:
Hi I am in the monkey world ( don't know how spell it) and don't understand the story of pirate101 at all. I don't know if I haven't been paying attention or if it haven't been explained( like in a book it takes awhile to understand the story). Could someone tell me why I don't understand and if you would explain the story IF I have not been paying attention. If it has not been explained yet just tell me so and I will pay close attention.

Thanks
Crazy Dylan LVL 13 musketeer
See you n the Spiral
As the guy who wrote the story, I will definitely admit that the beginning is a little chaotic - you're making your way in the world of piracy, reacting to stuff around you. The gist:

You're on the run from the Armada (the mechanical guys from the tutorial). Captain Avery makes you do a job to prove you're on the level - getting his Amulet back from Fin the shark. He promises to give you a ship in return, but swindles you pretty badly.

When confronted, Avery makes it up to you by putting you in touch with a crew looking to find the greatest lost treasure ever - Captain Gunn's gold. Before you can join, Ratbeard steals the key clue. You spend a long time chasing Ratbeard down, and finally find him and what's left of Gunn's treasure on top of a volcano. Ratbeard joins your crew to make good for his past crimes.

Avery wanted one gold chalice out of Gunn's treasure. When you give it to him, he tells you why. He wants to turn Skull Island into a real nation: a pirate republic. To do this, he needs the Monkeys of Monquista to sign a treaty. He sends you with the Chalice as a gift to get the Monkeys to do it.

The Monkeys are a bit rude - they refuse to unless you do them a favor in secret. Their greatest hero, Gortez, may have gone crazy in the jungles of the isle of Doom, and they want you to find him. You do, and he is crazy. Taking him back, the Monkey governor is so terrified of the scandal surrounding Gortez's madness that he has you take Gortez to Monquista, to the King and Queen.

The King and Queen, while nice to your face, try to have you and Gortez executed. After that fails, you and Gortez join forces, and working with one of the ex-queens, work to start a civil war and bring down the bad King and Queen. Help them enough, and they'll sign your treaty.

Once that treaty is signed, the through line of the plot becomes much clearer. You're going to learn that some things aren't what they seem, who the real enemy is, and what you need to do to stop them. Until then, have fun with the monkeys!

Ensign
Sep 10, 2010
Blind Mew on May 31, 2013 wrote:
As the guy who wrote the story, I will definitely admit that the beginning is a little chaotic - you're making your way in the world of piracy, reacting to stuff around you. The gist:

You're on the run from the Armada (the mechanical guys from the tutorial). Captain Avery makes you do a job to prove you're on the level - getting his Amulet back from Fin the shark. He promises to give you a ship in return, but swindles you pretty badly.

When confronted, Avery makes it up to you by putting you in touch with a crew looking to find the greatest lost treasure ever - Captain Gunn's gold. Before you can join, Ratbeard steals the key clue. You spend a long time chasing Ratbeard down, and finally find him and what's left of Gunn's treasure on top of a volcano. Ratbeard joins your crew to make good for his past crimes.

Avery wanted one gold chalice out of Gunn's treasure. When you give it to him, he tells you why. He wants to turn Skull Island into a real nation: a pirate republic. To do this, he needs the Monkeys of Monquista to sign a treaty. He sends you with the Chalice as a gift to get the Monkeys to do it.

The Monkeys are a bit rude - they refuse to unless you do them a favor in secret. Their greatest hero, Gortez, may have gone crazy in the jungles of the isle of Doom, and they want you to find him. You do, and he is crazy. Taking him back, the Monkey governor is so terrified of the scandal surrounding Gortez's madness that he has you take Gortez to Monquista, to the King and Queen.

The King and Queen, while nice to your face, try to have you and Gortez executed. After that fails, you and Gortez join forces, and working with one of the ex-queens, work to start a civil war and bring down the bad King and Queen. Help them enough, and they'll sign your treaty.

Once that treaty is signed, the through line of the plot becomes much clearer. You're going to learn that some things aren't what they seem, who the real enemy is, and what you need to do to stop them. Until then, have fun with the monkeys!
Thank you so much.That explains so much. And as you explained i started to make sense of what what was going on. Blind mew you are awesome.

Crazy Dylan level 14 musketeer
See you in the spiral

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Blind Mew on May 31, 2013 wrote:

I still haven't forgiven those accursed monkeys for betraying us pirates....