Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Weapon Combos Not Using Correct Bonus

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
I'm coming across several weapons that are combinations that would show one damage bonus, but not the other.

Ridder's Bo Staff - staffy/smashy - does not add smashy damage bonuses to the total for the weapon

Alexandrian Set - slashy/staffy - does not add slashy damage bonuses to the total for the weapon

Dino Jo Staff - staffy/smashy - does not add smashy damage bonuses to the total for the weapon

I am trained in slashy, smashy, stabby, and staffy damage bonuses. Some weapon combinations seem to be just fine, but these are three in particular I have run across so far that I wanted to use, but now disregard.

Is this an error on weapons such as these?

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
When I equipped the Yeomanry Shield, a Slashy/Smashy weapon, it didn't take in the bonuses from the Slashy talents I learned from the Commodore. My Smashy talents weren't in affect either. I tried equipping other weapons that were just Slashy, but none would take in the Slashy bonuses. Can you please fix this?

Community Leader
Well it appears as of last nights updates, that no weapons are recognizing our bonuses.

When I looked last night, my weapon bonuses were there Staffy Weapons 1, 2, & 3
And when using the Staffy/Shooty, it had those plus Shooty Weapons 1 & 2 I had obtained with practice points.

This morning. I am getting NO bonuses regardless of weapon, combo or not.
Just will and gear boosts, no bonuses.

Something is broken.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on May 25, 2013 wrote:
I'm coming across several weapons that are combinations that would show one damage bonus, but not the other.

Ridder's Bo Staff - staffy/smashy - does not add smashy damage bonuses to the total for the weapon

Alexandrian Set - slashy/staffy - does not add slashy damage bonuses to the total for the weapon

Dino Jo Staff - staffy/smashy - does not add smashy damage bonuses to the total for the weapon

I am trained in slashy, smashy, stabby, and staffy damage bonuses. Some weapon combinations seem to be just fine, but these are three in particular I have run across so far that I wanted to use, but now disregard.

Do you recall where you saw the Slashy/Staffy weapons? I don't remember ever seeing it before, but I would love to have one for my Witchdoctor :D

~~Bloody Belle

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Well, my original post was just before the update that night.

Now, any weapon equipped is not showing any trained bonuses - smashy, slashy, shooty, stabby & staffy - nor for any combination weapons as well.

Bosun
May 10, 2010

All the weapons are not getting the bonuses that they should be getting.

Example:

If a level 50 Swashbuckler has a stabby weapon, the swashbuckler should getting a stabby bonus of 12, 6, and 2 from leaned talents, but they are not! Then, if you have a stabby/slashy weapon, if you trained for slashy talent bonus, swashbucklers should get both the stabby and slashy bonuses of 12,6,& 2 for stabby, then 6 & 2 for slashy, but no weapon is giving bonuses at the moment.

It does not matter if you are using a high level weapon or a low level weapon, if you are using a single class weapon or a multi-class weapon, the added damage is not being given and added in.

Also, it looks like the added range for witchdoctors and musketeers is not being given either, no +1 range.

Please look into this and it is easy to see I am correct and fix this as soon as possible, thanks!

DarthJT

Bosun
May 10, 2010
As of the update for 5/25/2013, no weapon is getting any damage boost from trained talents.

Hope they fix this soon, wow that is a lot of damage boost to be losing!

DarthJT

Developer
Thank you for the bug report.

We're looking into it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bloody Belle on May 26, 2013 wrote:
Do you recall where you saw the Slashy/Staffy weapons? I don't remember ever seeing it before, but I would love to have one for my Witchdoctor :D

~~Bloody Belle
The bazaar is a great place to find good weapon combos.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
My character's ability Sniper is no longer granting me an extra 1 attack range. This started after the 5 hours maintenance on Friday-Saturday. Please get this fixed ASAP!

Ensign
Mar 26, 2010
I have seen this also, no trained bonus are showing in the character screen. It seem as thou the damage is reflecting this lose in battle. Also the weapons from the tribal pack are adding from 190 201 points on top of the weapon damage listed, this does not show up on the battle field at all in the damage, (it shows that I do from 403 to 533 points of damage, not true. Hope this is a quick thing to correct.
Thx
Black Bart Morgan

Community Leader
I have also noticed now that I am not recieving my trained range bonus either.
I should be able to target things 4 squares away, but I am being limited to 3.

Ensign
Jul 02, 2009
My talents like slashy plus +2(for example) is not appearing on my characters active weapons. The damage range is 197 to 292 but really it should be 205 to 300. Idk why its not working but can you plz fix it thx.

Ensign
Jul 02, 2009
There is a problem with the talents that are not showing up for my weapon. For example slashy +2 is not appearing on my weapon powers. I asked friends do they see thiers and they said yes but I don't see mine. Please respond back this critical for my in order for me to continue.

Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
This is not a bug at all. You lowered your Strength and changed gear.

Chase

Ensign
Jul 02, 2009
I agree. My schools are stabby/ shooty/ and slashy. They are not showing up at all! Not even my own class for swash. I hope you guys can fix this thanks.

Administrator
We're aware of the issue of certain talents not being applied in combat, and we are working on a fix that will be implemented soon.

Thank you for your reports!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
Legend of Cool Ran... on May 27, 2013 wrote:
This is not a bug at all. You lowered your Strength and changed gear.

Chase
This is definately bug, a display bug in the very least (although I it appears to be effecting play as well).
When you mouse over your weapon damage in your character screen it shows you your damage boosts.

The bonuses that are a problem are the "TRAINED" bonuses, not the gear bonuses.
Gear bonuses appear to be working as they should.

Trained Staffy Weapons, Slashy Weapons, Stabby Weapons, Smashy Weapons, or Shooty Weapons skills (boosts damage for that type of weapon). It doesnt appear as if we are getting them.

Also trained Range bonuses are definately not working, not a display issue, these are broken.

This stuff all appeared to happen with the big friday maintenance, my friends and I were studying weapons and the stat effects on characters friday night, and on Saturday morning, they were broken.

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on May 28, 2013 wrote:
We're aware of the issue of certain talents not being applied in combat, and we are working on a fix that will be implemented soon.

Thank you for your reports!
Thanks Jack.

Hoping they get the bugs squashed... all sorts of new weapons for us to mess with and we cant determine exactly how helpful they are... just yet.. ;)

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on May 25, 2013 wrote:

Not just these but overall there seems to be a bug that makes it so that weapon talents no longer add to the damage of your weapon. Or any part for that matter. my musketeer even has less range because the talent that gives him extra range with shooty weapons no longer works. And it's actually make the game considerably harder for some people (myself not included lol).

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Diraz18 on May 28, 2013 wrote:
Not just these but overall there seems to be a bug that makes it so that weapon talents no longer add to the damage of your weapon. Or any part for that matter. my musketeer even has less range because the talent that gives him extra range with shooty weapons no longer works. And it's actually make the game considerably harder for some people (myself not included lol).
Oh yeah. My original post was before the update, and once the update happened, we are no longer getting any trained bonuses on our weapons. This seems to include distance as well. Many have that extra square they are suppose to go to, but the game is not recognizing this either.

KI is looking into it, per One-Eyed Jack.

Yes, it is making battles a bit more difficult without the trained weapon bonuses and distance

Administrator
This should be fixed now with the update from last night. Please continue to review and report as needed.

Thank you!

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on May 29, 2013 wrote:
This should be fixed now with the update from last night. Please continue to review and report as needed.

Thank you!
Although the damage bonus stats appear to be fixed, this issue is still not entirely fixed.

My Witchdoctors trained +1 range bonus is still not being given.
I suspect its broken on my Musketeer as well.

Please take another look.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on May 29, 2013 wrote:

Thank you!
1. The +1 bonuses for Witchdoctor's and Musketeer's not being given, although it might only be on combo weapons, but that should not be a factor, it is a bonus for that school and as long as that type of weapon is being used, it should be given.

2. Currently, I am using a Slashy/Staffy weapon for my privateer. Yes, I have greatly increased my will, to make it work off of will, but that still should not be an issue. I am not getting my slashy bonuses and I still should, same as any class using a combo weapon that uses training points to train in another class gets their bonus. It is up to the individual how they want to setup their character.

Please fix these bugs as soon as possible. Thanks!

Administrator
Dr Zeppers on May 30, 2013 wrote:
Although the damage bonus stats appear to be fixed, this issue is still not entirely fixed.

My Witchdoctors trained +1 range bonus is still not being given.
I suspect its broken on my Musketeer as well.

Please take another look.
Thanks! We're looking into this bug now.