Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

i'm the weakest witch doctor

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
i'm a witch doctor and i use swords but it does not work well i always lose in pvp is there another way for me to get better

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Arceus and Zap on May 18, 2013 wrote:
i'm a witch doctor and i use swords but it does not work well i always lose in pvp is there another way for me to get better
Yes, use Witchdoctor weapons! You are probably new so here's yo answer!

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
use staff/wands

Will/Rough/Resist should be stats you want to focus on.

staying in the back away from enemies casting from range is idea.

As for companions its always up 2 the player i personally prefer melee companions since it lowers the chance enemies will go past them to get to me so im free to damage/heal at range without much issue in having to keep myself alive

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Since witchdoctors specialize in staves and wands, those are the kind of weapons that you want to mainly use. Staves have a short range but big damage and can attack multiple enemies at once to make up for it, while wands have smaller damage and can only hit one enemy at a time compared to a staff but can hit from farther away (range is 5-6 depending on the wand) to make up for it.

In the later worlds of marleybone & Aquila, there are some melee weapons that use will for damage boosting, but until then, focus on using staves and wands as again, those are the main weapons of choice for witchdoctors, so there's that at least.

For companions, it depends on your personal preference, but I would personally recommend using companions with decent damage and survivability so you can last longer in a fight.

I hope that I was able to help some.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
guess what i'm a lvl fifty i need help with level fifty weapons BTW my staffs fizzle and i sold my staffs

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Arceus and Zap on May 31, 2013 wrote:
guess what i'm a lvl fifty i need help with level fifty weapons BTW my staffs fizzle and i sold my staffs
You would need better accuracy. It is kind of like wizard101 only all that Hoodoo stuff fizzles.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Arceus and Zap on May 31, 2013 wrote:
Only normal attacks fizzle (misses)

as a level 50 witchdoctor you should have more then enuff skills to never run into using normal attacks and risking missing(fizzle).

SKILLS never miss (fizzle)

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
if you really want to use a sword on a witch doctor, there are sets of sword and staff togetter! i thiink i remember seeing this in marleybones!

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
Arceus and Zap on May 18, 2013 wrote:
Use thee wands and staffs, they're fit for your class!
As you become a higher level you'll notice that you'll do more damage with these weapons than swords or guns.

Community Leader
CaptainBlackBart on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:

as a level 50 witchdoctor you should have more then enuff skills to never run into using normal attacks and risking missing(fizzle).

I don't think I've used a regular attack as a WD since before level 20. As stated, skills never miss/fizzle, and Witch Doctors have so many skills, that in a typical battle, you won't even see (or right click away) even half of them. I was grateful when I was able to train mojo echo since I was finally able to see what my staffy/shooty attacks looked like!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
May 10, 2010
Always use your talents/powers. There are many new weapons that use both staffy weapons and any other type of weapon you wish to use. You also have to learn to use your powers effectively, use buffs correctly, train your companions properly.

There is so much in this game, best to do a bit of research, learn what to train in your practice points, learn what to epics and talents to give your companions, the best gear to use for your level. If you are only worried about health, then you are making yourself weak.

Good luck,

DarthJT

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
CaptainBlackBart on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:

I'm a storm wizard on w101 and I fizzle all the time. You get over it