Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Give our pirates some vioce!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 29, 2009
I am sure that I speak for everybody when I say that our pirates deserve some vioce as well/

For example:

1. During combat when we defeat an enemy our pirate could say something like "Scratch one more enemy!", "One down. More to go!" or some other phrases.

2. At the end of a battle out pirate could say something like "Yes, we did it!", "Way to go crew!" or some other phrases.

3. Being vioce activce during quests.

Merciless Tyler Davenport; Level 50 Witchdoctor

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Line Mountain on May 8, 2013 wrote:
I am sure that I speak for everybody when I say that our pirates deserve some vioce as well/

For example:

1. During combat when we defeat an enemy our pirate could say something like "Scratch one more enemy!", "One down. More to go!" or some other phrases.

2. At the end of a battle out pirate could say something like "Yes, we did it!", "Way to go crew!" or some other phrases.

It seems like we're muted.

Bosun
May 06, 2009

For example:

I would really love them to have a voice actor for our pirates no don't. It'd would make it an excellent way for our own Pirate to come alive.

The only problem though is that the community:

1.) May not like the voices that are choosen for our character

2.) May feel the voice does not match the design they picked for their Pirate

3.) May feel like the players themselves have become disconnected from the game. As in they are more watching their Pirate like Companions, than actually being the Pirate.

Again, I would love for some self Character dialogue but I think that's a risky game Blind Mew would play next to Polarian Roulette. Character blinking would be nice though.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Community Leader
It's a nice idea, maybe as an optional thing, but I'm quite happy doing my own Pirate voices. Most of my phrases end up like "Go, Bonnie, go!" and "Get 'em, Ratbeard!"

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
im not to sure about that i kind of prefer keeping him muted, that way he can have what ever voice i give him in my immagination!

Community Leader
If we somehow had a selection of "voices" for our pirate this might work.

Otherwise, there is no way to make "one voice fit all".

This could serve to alienate a number of players.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Since our pirate is in every single fight, we might get tired of hearing ourselves talk. Crew we can always shift on the list to vary it.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I think it is up to us to give our pirates a voice. Besides, how would KI know what sort of voice you imagine for your pirate? For instance, my Anne has a light soprano voice and my Charlotte a warm alto (in my imagination). And what they say is going to be dependent on the kind of personality you envision for your character. For me, Anne is clever, laughing, and more than a bit of a smart-mouth to enemies (otherwise she is polite). So, when one enemy distained her as a 'puny little runt!', Anne's response was "Who are you calling puny?" Or another time when the enemy warned 'I wonder how much I would get for you and yours', Anne shot back with "It depends on who you are asking!" That sort of thing. That it's all in my own head or muttered to the computer does not lessen the fun of coming up with my own responses.
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Maybe there could be like a voice actor that we can choose and we can choose what to say and what phrases and we tell you what more phrases we want. Also there could be a variety of them so you can choose which one so if you're a boy, you can pick a male actor. If you're a girl, you get to choose a girl actor. Also if we just don't want any of them and we have a mic, we can make our own phrases. Also you could mute it if you prefer so.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sniper Rose on May 10, 2013 wrote:
Maybe there could be like a voice actor that we can choose and we can choose what to say and what phrases and we tell you what more phrases we want. Also there could be a variety of them so you can choose which one so if you're a boy, you can pick a male actor. If you're a girl, you get to choose a girl actor. Also if we just don't want any of them and we have a mic, we can make our own phrases. Also you could mute it if you prefer so.
Lol a programer's nightmare here

Community Leader
Sniper Rose on May 10, 2013 wrote:
If it comes to using our own voices, the game already supports that.

I already can simply speak out loud in the voice I desire to represent my pirate.
No need to have the game do anything here.

We arent creating the story or the dialogue, we are experiencing it.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
May 23, 2012

For example:

What if you install a microphone to your computer and when you talk your voice is in the game

Captain
May 13, 2011
well those pirates are supposed to be us. if the pirates got their own lines it could be far from what you would actually say. i like stories a lot and make up my own, even putting my companions in a relationship between each other and adding more drama to fights. you can always voice yourself, but dont expect anyone to answer