Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Player skills:Removing or resetting please

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 23, 2013
I'm sure this has been brought up before but I wish something would be done to manage the amount of skills we can get. As a level 21 Privateer I've already found it aggravating to have 13 skills (casting skills) when there is only 6-8 I would ever use. There are more I was planning on getting to use for different circumstances but have already started to not train anymore because my skills table would be flooded more than it already is.

What's really frustrating is there are numerous times you have to train 2-4 skills (skills you don't want) in order to get the skill you want later on down the road.

At only level 21 it's already tedious to cast spells/skills I don't even need for the battle to cycle through and get the ones I want. On several occasions I've started a fight without my number 1 or 2 spells on back to back (even 3 at times) battles and just say forget it and log out. It's especially frustrating when I do get in a group and as a privateer miss an opportunity to cast beneficial spells on my group mates who are close. I can't do that the next round because everyone has already moved in different directions.

Long story short; please allow us to delete spells or reset all skills so we can get rid of the skills/spells we no longer use.

Thank you

Administrator
At only level 21 it's already tedious to cast spells/skills I don't even need for the battle to cycle through and get the ones I want.Actually, you may discard powers on the Power Bar by right clicking on them (similar to discarding in Wizard101) when they appear in battle, the next round it will draw from your other available powers to fill any discarded slots of the Power Bar from the previous round.

Hope that helps your situation!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
You may or may not be aware that you can set the order of precedence of your skills/spells for the game to consider for each round. This can be done in the section that lists your powers by dragging them and dropping them in the order you prefer (similar to how companions work).

This isnt a perfect solution, but can help to limit occurrences of the skills/spells youd prefer not to see that often.

Then of course, as Jack said, you can discard the ones you dont want. Once discarded they do not come up again in that battle.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Dec 27, 2008
Tanus79 on Apr 16, 2013 wrote:
I'm sure this has been brought up before but I wish something would be done to manage the amount of skills we can get. As a level 21 Privateer I've already found it aggravating to have 13 skills (casting skills) when there is only 6-8 I would ever use. There are more I was planning on getting to use for different circumstances but have already started to not train anymore because my skills table would be flooded more than it already is.

What's really frustrating is there are numerous times you have to train 2-4 skills (skills you don't want) in order to get the skill you want later on down the road.

At only level 21 it's already tedious to cast spells/skills I don't even need for the battle to cycle through and get the ones I want. On several occasions I've started a fight without my number 1 or 2 spells on back to back (even 3 at times) battles and just say forget it and log out. It's especially frustrating when I do get in a group and as a privateer miss an opportunity to cast beneficial spells on my group mates who are close. I can't do that the next round because everyone has already moved in different directions.

Long story short; please allow us to delete spells or reset all skills so we can get rid of the skills/spells we no longer use.

Thank you
Those abilities you train early on are required in order to learn the higher level ones. That is no different like in Wizard101 where you have to learn spells in sequence from the teachers. Players have the ability to organize their abilities to see the ones we want to see more often at the begining of the talent lists. If there are abilities you don't want to see that often, move them to the bottom of the list. You can also buy back your training points that you have spent at other trainers outside of your class for crowns. I really don't see needing the ability of deleting powers or talents learned in your own class permanently.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
i know that we can right click them but it does get anoying when you get all bad skills on the first turn. i have posted about this befor and i think that it would be nice to silence them the same way we silence companions!

Ensign
Mar 23, 2013
I didn't know you could right click and delete them, thank you for that information! I haven't played wizard 101 so not sure how that game works. I do set the order of the spells I want in the powers tab ,but even still at times not having one of my beneficial spells (buffs) during the first round can be disappointing. Although deleting the spells I don't want in the first round will help alot, so thanks for that information.

I usually have buccaneer companions so battles always go alot smoother when I start off with increased critical and strength cast in the first 2 rounds. Both of which are my number one and 2 spells since I wouldn't need healing till later rounds. I had several battles that would cause me to cast spells I didn't even want to use right away to cycle to the 2 spells I wanted. Anyways, deleting in the first round should work out ok and shouldn't be to much a problem.