Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Retiring Mega Bundle? Uargh!!!! >:(

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
OK so right now I'm very angry (not enough to do something ridiculous). I had just checked over in Wizard101 and apparently they're retiring the Mega bundle. I had always had my eyes set on getting it down the line but never got around to it. Now I've come to find I have less than a week to get it before it's gone. FOR GOOD. This just frustrates me. Why in the world are they retiring it? What's the point of doing that anyway?! It's like coming out with this big, new thing only to throw it away a later. Just...ugh! I really do want it but I had plans to spend on something else. What am I suspose to do? I just really hate it when KI comes around stating something's getting taken off the shelf. But why? They do it with the crown shop somethings, but can't they just expand the space in the shop? Or if they have products why discontinue it? I can understand that whole Boochbeard and Gandry bundle thing, but the with the Epic and the Mega now this is just. I can already tell in the coming years it'll be with the Super then Hawkrider then the Majestic then the Dino and so on and so forth. Even on Pirate101 at some point KI's just going to discontinue the hard copy bundles to place them online and then can those too. It's aggrivating to me.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
OK so right now I'm very angry (not enough to do something ridiculous). I had just checked over in Wizard101 and apparently they're retiring the Mega bundle. I had always had my eyes set on getting it down the line but never got around to it. Now I've come to find I have less than a week to get it before it's gone. FOR GOOD. This just frustrates me. Why in the world are they retiring it? What's the point of doing that anyway?! It's like coming out with this big, new thing only to throw it away a later. Just...ugh! I really do want it but I had plans to spend on something else. What am I suspose to do? I just really hate it when KI comes around stating something's getting taken off the shelf. But why? They do it with the crown shop somethings, but can't they just expand the space in the shop? Or if they have products why discontinue it? I can understand that whole Boochbeard and Gandry bundle thing, but the with the Epic and the Mega now this is just. I can already tell in the coming years it'll be with the Super then Hawkrider then the Majestic then the Dino and so on and so forth. Even on Pirate101 at some point KI's just going to discontinue the hard copy bundles to place them online and then can those too. It's aggrivating to me.
OK so i've thought it over, and I'm calm now (not much of a grudge person anyway). I think I have a plan now on how to get this and still balance it with another thing I wanted. I really just needed a controlled (I'd hope) rant moment lol. We all have 'em don't we? Anyway, this can be locked or just forgotten like the other 500,000 posts that just seem to fill the message boards.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
Maybe you should try putting this post in the Wizard 101 boards instead of Pirate 101. You might find your answers faster that way as the powers that be in controlling such things related to Wizard 101 will be over there. Just a suggestion

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Yes, if he can post on Wizard. Not everone has membership on both at the same time. Maybe this is the only board he can post to at the moment.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Perhaps there should be a Wizard thread here on pirate. Just because people ran away from Ravenwood to sail the skyways doesn't mean they might not like to discuss the news of Wizard City sometimes.

I wish oceanpainting200 good luck on the bundle. I think many of us have eyed items in the shops, bundles, and gift cards in hopes that we might get them sometime. Even when things retire, I've noticed that sometimes they have a way of returning later, as certain mounts have done during Wizard's pet-pa-louza. Perhaps the bundles will reappear someday also. The only way to be sure is getting it while it is there.

Community Leader
Most "hardcopy" bundles are part of an agreement between KI, and their retailers.

Its unlikely that retailers would enter into such contracts if KI were to offer these products online immediately, as this would take business away from these retailers. (Why go somewhere else if you can buy directly from KI)

As time goes buy, the contracts with these retailers expires, the initial "buzz" over the product having passed, these items dont sell as well, and retailers often dont even continue to restock them.

This is when KI offers them online. This is an excellent service to provide access to products that had previously required visiting a specific retailer/store. Not an option all players have.

These packages are eventually retired. This makes the initial product that much more appealing, because noone else will be able to get it at some point, and allows KI to be more creative with newer product offerings, open new contracts with retailers, and continue with their success instead of leaving stale products on the shelves that may sell, but only sell in very limited numbers.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
May 06, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 23, 2013 wrote:
Maybe you should try putting this post in the Wizard 101 boards instead of Pirate 101. You might find your answers faster that way as the powers that be in controlling such things related to Wizard 101 will be over there. Just a suggestion
Nah I'm cool now. I got it before it left so yay!. Besides, I didn't have membership at the time. Thanks for the suggestion though!