Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Problems with unequiping ships equipment

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 25, 2011
when i pressed the unequip button it didn't unequip it stayed there and im trying to sell my frigate so i can get a little bit out of it and it's equipment it's really annoying please help

p.s if a frigate costs 7000$ why when you sell it it's only 900 i think it should be a bit more

-kunning caleb kenner swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
caseycat007 on Apr 6, 2013 wrote:
when i pressed the unequip button it didn't unequip it stayed there and im trying to sell my frigate so i can get a little bit out of it and it's equipment it's really annoying please help

p.s if a frigate costs 7000$ why when you sell it it's only 900 i think it should be a bit more

-kunning caleb kenner swashbuckler
first of all. my frigate wont sell either and actually thats a fair sell. i only buy a few ships i extend it so i dont need to buy every single ship

Ensign
Sep 25, 2011
Im not complaning about the price i just want it gone because the main quest is giving me a new ship and im making that one my main ship and it's super annoying when you can't sell the ship that you don't need

-Knning Caleb Kenner

Administrator
Hi! Going off of the information you've provided me, there could be a few things going on:

1- Your backpack is full and you'll have to sell or bank some items before you can unequip your ship.
2- You can't sell a ship that has equipment still attached to it.
3- You can't sell your only ship. You must have at least one other ship so you don't accidentally strand yourself somewhere.

Thanks and if you have more information you can provide, please let me know.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Sep 25, 2011
I have two other ships but im going to try your first idea thanks jack!

Kunning Caleb Kenner

Administrator
Sounds good. If it doesn't work, please let me know, and also some additional information about the particular ship or the equipment on the ship, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
Hi! Going off of the information you've provided me, there could be a few things going on:

1- Your backpack is full and you'll have to sell or bank some items before you can unequip your ship.
2- You can't sell a ship that has equipment still attached to it.
3- You can't sell your only ship. You must have at least one other ship so you don't accidentally strand yourself somewhere.

Thanks and if you have more information you can provide, please let me know.
I had the same problem and was really frustrated at this seeming glitch. Much to my embarrassment I realized my backpack was full and that's why I couldn't unequip. After feeling totally like a landlubber I laughed it off and proceeded to sell off my extra stuff. Thanks for your List Jack. You rock. x Gives Jack a succulent bunch of carrots x