Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Second companion

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 06, 2012
So I got Sarah Steele's first promotion and I wanted her to be my second companion, behind Subodai. Ratbeard is third. But, when I enter a fight, there is always Subodai and Ratbeard, and not her! So I putted her on firstmate, Subodai second, Ratbeard third. Now she and Ratbeard are coming, and Subodai isn't! Should I put Subodai in third place?

Noble Nicholas Nichols

Ensign
Aug 22, 2012
It's just pure luck that they keep getting together. Idk what I can say.
Dark Justin Holystone

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It is supposed to be random, weighted in favor of the companions lined up toward the front. Any time you have random results, weird patterns seem to appear. That said, it seems to be that the #2 person (first after your first mate) doesn't appear as often as #3. Probably statistically not true, but it does seem that way. Mind you, that impression comes after dozens of fights, not the hundreds you would need to spot a genuine statistical anomaly.

Administrator
One of our hardworking designers ran through this and was unable to recreate a situation where the #2 slotted companion would appear more often than the #3 slotted companion.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 18, 2013 wrote:
One of our hardworking designers ran through this and was unable to recreate a situation where the #2 slotted companion would appear more often than the #3 slotted companion.

Thanks!
I already posted this on another thread but I had that problem for a while at the beginning of Mooshu that Kobe Yojimbo, my second mate, didn't go in battles for about two weeks.