Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

You know you play too much Pirate101 when...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 22, 2012
You know when you play too much Pirate101 when you want to clash your swords with another pirate's and shout ARRGH!

-Trustworthy Kaitlyn Moone

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Dec 30, 2016 wrote:
Then you wonder if your character is just as much a creation of your own as it is KI because although KI allowed them to exist, you created a personality and backstory for them. Then you think that if most of your pirate's identity is solely in your imagination perhaps YOU are your pirate and a pirate is really a vehicle for your dream of having a flying ship that deep down you know is impossible but it still is possible in the spiral and if the pirate is you and the pirate is in the spiral, technically you do have a flying ship but you really don't because the game isn't real. But then you start to think maybe the game is actually real because reality has no purpose, only the perception of reality has any real meaning and if the game is real to you then you actually DO have a flying ship.

I have a headache now.....
I think you guys need to stop looking for time paradoxes it only makes your head hurt believe me I know lol

Ensign
Jan 22, 2012
BlueHairedDrake on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:

You can easily, off the top of your head, explain to someone the full, elaborate backstory you've concocted for your pirate.

You go on Wizard 101 and expect the menu to come out from the top of the screen instead of clicking your spellbook (every time)

You hear one of the many pop culture quotes Pirate101 references throughout the game and immediately think of Pirate101 instead of the original movie/tv show/etc.

You spend most of your time in the create-a-pirate, scrolling through the name list trying to match it as closely as possible to the name of your favorite movie/tv show/ game character.

Every time you play chess, you automatically think of the final battle with Kane.
Lol! Sometimes when I am playing Wizard 101 and I want to go to my character's menu page I click the top and I am like "Oh Brother..."

-Trustworthy Kaitlyn Moone

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
You know you play too much Pirate101 when you have nearly 2,000 screenshots taken.

...not that I do, or anything...

Ensign
Apr 29, 2014
You know you play to much Pirate 101 when...

1) You name any animal after there companion look A likes

2) You hum critical attack music

3) You play it just 24/7

Ensign
Nov 21, 2015
Yo know you play too much pirate when...
1. You spend a "bit" too much money on it
2. You hum toro's crit music
3. Begin to teach yourself the crit music on the violin
4. Want to write a book after just seeing how KI organized their zone pricing
5. Begin to create your own world for the game
6. Waste hours just admiring how great the game is
7. simply play the game 24/7

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Then you wonder if your character is just as much a creation of your own as it is KI because although KI allowed them to exist, you created a personality and backstory for them. Then you think that if most of your pirate's identity is solely in your imagination perhaps YOU are your pirate and a pirate is really a vehicle for your dream of having a flying ship that deep down you know is impossible but it still is possible in the spiral and if the pirate is you and the pirate is in the spiral, technically you do have a flying ship but you really don't because the game isn't real. But then you start to think maybe the game is actually real because reality has no purpose, only the perception of reality has any real meaning and if the game is real to you then you actually DO have a flying ship.

And, after reading your's and the corresponding posts, I have a headache too. (Ugh, I need to lie down.)

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
You're checking the P101 forums and newsletters on your phone while you're away from home

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
I'm gonna add one. You know you play too much Pirate101 when all of a sudden the pink, rainbow, and happy unicorns in your imagination suddenly become dull and grey like the unicorns in Valencia. You also know you play too much Pirate101 when you want to replace your class professors with unicorn scholars in real life.
-Sincerely,
-Stormy Elijah Silver
-Level 70 Swashbuckler

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
My apologies if I already said this but when you see a picture of an alligator/crocodile in real life and just blurt out "oh hey a crokagator".

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
you know you play too much p101 when you start playing and when you take a break and look in the mirror and find you grew a beard at age 8...... or at least you were 8 when you started, also there's a new President, the 48th.

Bold Ryan Richardson (lvl 70) and noobs.

Ensign
Nov 17, 2012
You know you play too much Pirate101 when you think that Cool Ranch is an Old West movie from the 1900's.

Smart Horace Reade, Level 69 Swashbuckler

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
flash33 on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:
My apologies if I already said this but when you see a picture of an alligator/crocodile in real life and just blurt out "oh hey a crokagator".
I do this but with sharks and think "oh, there's a dangerous cutthroat"

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
You know you play too much when you find yourself farming kane two hundred times for hours a day for weeks if not months just to get a dull colored mask that doesn't help you that much.

Ensign
Jan 30, 2017
1. When you talk in Bonnie Anne's accent whenever you hold a fake rifle.
2. Ask the power of voltage source when you see a gun.
3. When you see a barrel and exclaim: That used to be my first ship!
4. Call Spain Monquista, call Texas Cool Ranch, call England Marleybone, call Greece Aquila and call the Carrabeans Skull island

-Alejandro DeClark

Ensign
Jan 30, 2017
chiefbuppydoodles on Sep 14, 2014 wrote:
You know you play too much Pirate 101 when your playing basketball, and after you shoot the ball, you pray to yourself saying, "Please get a critical hit!"
I'm not kidding I acctually do this. I'm a Basketball player playing as post and my only use seems to be defending, so when I see a person shoot the ball I think of critical hits! (I'm pretty sure I once screamed out "CRITICAL HIT!" When our point guard scored.)

-Alejandro Declark

Petty Officer
Jul 13, 2013
when you see a ferris wheel and think its the great machine

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
lightleaf101 on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
You know you play too much pirate101 when...

10. When you are on vacation all you think about is going back home to play more pirate101

9. When you are on a different game and get mad when the X key doesn't do anything

8. When you have lucid dreams about pirate101

7. When you suddenly realize your dog "could" be a redcoat

6. When you've lost all trust in monkeys

5. When someone talks about robots, you fantasize about defeating Kane

4. When you ask your cat if he's met catbeard

3. When you wonder what your character does when you're not playing

2. When you start to get a cold and wish miracle mitch was here

1. You realize that you've done ALL of these (guilty!)

Bonus: You have made a very detailed backstory for all of your characters (again, guilty)
I've done 8 XD

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
DenicetheMenace305 on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:
You and your brother play with sticks, and pretend to be pirates, killing the armada.

Fearless Michael lvl.65 Daring Michael lvl.41
Awwww, I wanna do that with my lil bro but he would just make fun of me XD

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
Rachel Dreamsong on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
You know you play to much pirate101 when you point to a robot and say "O no it's the Armada"
Lol XD

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Mastermind M on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
It was on the Wizard101 forums and was loads of fun, so I thought, "Why not bring it here?" So here it is! For those who don't know what this is about, the title is self explanatory. So for example:

You know you're playing Pirate101 too much when you talk with a British accent because in your backstory you were born in Marleybone.

I look forward to seeing what responses you come up with! Get creative, young pirate!

Ruthless Rebecca Radcliffe
  1. You see the (fantastic Disney© version) movie of Zorro, and you shout out (or think of) only El Toro! (Guilty!)
  2. You watch Pirates of the Caribbean or Warcraft and there's a war room, and all you think about is the war room in Commodore's Garrison (the Privateer House)!
  3. You make up your own pretend movie/TV series about the Spiral (bonus points for several) (guilty).
  4. When someone asks you where you're from, you reply saying where your Pirate was raised (example for me: "Oh, hi there! Where are you from?" I answer, saying, "Oh, Grizzleheim." ).
Thanks, good hunting, and for the Resistance!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer

Ensign
Jan 18, 2013
You know you play too much Pirate101 when

1. You catch yourself doodling companions (or your own character) in your math notebook (probably should be paying attention to the class )
2. You get ANY song from any world stuck in your head...usually more than one song..
3. You create several backstories for your character.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
You play it everyday over April vacation

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Pirate101 fan on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:
You know you play too much when you find yourself farming kane two hundred times for hours a day for weeks if not months just to get a dull colored mask that doesn't help you that much.
Well, Pirate101 Fan, I know how a lot of people farm for outfits because of the Powers, Talents and/or damage it can do. Kane's Mask is history, and when I beat Kane someday, I'd like to farm for any one of his items - the Mask or one of the Valencian Steeds. Sometimes low-damage outfits help me out quite a bit in role-playing or just plain fashion.

- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Wow, Finnagan! (Okay, is it Finnagan, Finnegan, or Finnigan? ) Your post definitely blew my mind away. (Don't worry, my mind can withstand mind-blowing information. )

Of course I'm not my Pirate! You're crazy. *Shakes head and walks away, putting sheet over flying ship to hide it.*

- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer