Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Your 'WOW' moment.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 12, 2008
So I just beat the game (yay for me.) and I have a question for players. What was the 1 moment in the game where your jaw dropped in amazement. for me it would be when you summon maruzame.

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
captain cookies on Feb 20, 2013 wrote:
So I just beat the game (yay for me.) and I have a question for players. What was the 1 moment in the game where your jaw dropped in amazement. for me it would be when you summon maruzame.
For me it was Kobe after his second promotion, he's so gift in battle.

Captain
May 02, 2009
My 'WOW' moment was when I promoted Kobe Yojimbo to a Bull Samoorai Lord and he looked so dang on cool.

Community Leader
I have never experienced a "jaw dropping" moment in a video game, I expect cool fantasy stuff in fantasy games. However I laughed hysterically wandering through Cool Ranch picking up on all then references/easter eggs they put in the game. (mainly character descriptions/names.. ie Poultrygiest's, etc)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
May 17, 2011
For my 'WOW' moment,it was when Ratbeard wanted to be my companion,because he tried to kill me but now I feel bad for him because Captain Fowl stole his leg, killed his dad, burned down his house and he had grow up in a sewer.

Community Leader
I thought about this a bit more.
One of the moments I was most initially impressed was the first time I entered a Stormgate, very beautiful!!!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
For me when i painted my Moshuu Galleon, i felt in love of it , so much elegant!! But i have wow moments also when my chars do some nice crit of 1000-2000 damage (and they are not swashbuckler).

Ensign
Dec 12, 2008
captain cookies on Feb 20, 2013 wrote:
My other wow moment was the second you come out of the stormgate to valencia and you see that mechanical monstrosity the armada is building and how it just looms in the distance and foreboding music starts playing. Then you realize "if the armada finishs that thing... we're doomed."

Ensign
Jan 25, 2010
My wow moment (not exactly a jaw dropping experience) when I first enter the Haunted Skyway, how they made the area spooky. Also impress how the made they made a ghost town in a dungeon spooky as well.

Community Leader
The very first time I walked out of Avery's office. I am still having Wow moments to this day.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Ensign
Sep 14, 2011
i'm only level 13 right now and my 'wow' moment was when Bonnie Anne got promoted the first time and she's awesome looking

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
my wow moment is when I first went to mooshu it was so beautiful my jaw litterally dropped

Ensign
Nov 17, 2012
When I watched that very first puppet show. I was blown away by the fun details and story line. Before that I was just kind of checking out the game, thinking to myself; ''I'll just take a look at this so I can say that I did, and then forget about it and go back to Wizards''.

Yeah. I never went back. :)

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
I am a level 47 Swashbuckler and my WOW moment has to be finishing Deacon. I was so in shock and was like "WOW that was hard" and I couldn't believe it was his end.

Ensign
Feb 06, 2013
My wow moment was when I was in the hoodoo house dungeon and a skeletal pirate attacked and he hit like 105 or something like that. For all you high leveled players out there, that's nothing, but it took away about a third of my health. I was like level 9 or 10.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
I am a level 25 Swashbuckler and my WOW moment was when you got to hear your parents voices in the Gold Monkey dungeon.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
My WOW moment has to be walking around in the stupender-x machine, and defeating stormzillas.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2012
There were a lot. Stupendor X was probably one of the best, I laughed like a six year old in a candy store, watching the funniest episode of spongebob they could find. I even told my friend "I'M A GIANT MAGIC IRON MAN!" Yes, I know that joke failed horribly. The second best moment had to be my first time in Valencia, it's got a feeling of foreboding and shadows around it.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2009
When I first entered MooShu, The Graphics were just beautiful and the scenery was amazing their. I couldn't believe a game could have graphics like that.

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
I was WOW'd right off th' bat wit' character creation, i mean, i got to choose how i lost me parents!, whar i grew up! etc, creatin' ye ship flag, th' tutorial then bang into th' Avery office, it was clear we were in fer a gamin' treat!

But i became over WOW'd wit' cool ranch 'n all th' characters thar, humor, danger, tough battles 'n huge huge skyways leadin' to full 'o awesome graphic features.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
captain cookies on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
My other wow moment was the second you come out of the stormgate to valencia and you see that mechanical monstrosity the armada is building and how it just looms in the distance and foreboding music starts playing. Then you realize "if the armada finishs that thing... we're doomed."
Dun Dun Dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
(as belt would say from the croods)

Sorry I can't help it but this is a good spot to add it (and i laugh)

But i have ton of wow moments cause this game is epic ... but when i think to the first time this happen i guessed it was the first time i enter a storm gate and wonder "so that's how we can sail around the spiral without needing a spiral door .." and when i saw the beauty of the spiral from this angel .... I thought that it was amazing ... i just want to explore forever and reach every world there is.

Black Rashida level50

Ensign
Oct 10, 2011
My 'WOW' moment is when I got an amazingly high crit on the metal guardian ,it was 1,458, I'll never forget that lv. 50

Ensign
Feb 12, 2012
My wow moment was in pvp when i was on a team with a level 50 priv ( i was lvl 50 too) Then he used the move where it increases crits. And then after that almost every time it said epic hit for our team. I loved looking at the crit moves. It was so cool!

Fearless Connor Underwood

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
This is going to sound silly... but there I was, watching my husband create his first pirate character. I was not going to make one myself: 'I only have time to play one game, and that is Wizard101' and 'I don't want to play a pirate, I like virtuous characters!'. Then I saw the beautiful italic script for 'Somewhere in the Spiral'. I was so impressed (and jealous! I am working on improving my Copperplate script and the one Pirate uses is even more beautiful!) Then I was delighted by the puppet shows of the character origins, really reminding me of 18th & 19th C. toy theaters I have seen in museum books and making me laugh at the same time... and then I saw you could wear 18th C. clothes! Oh my. By the time I realized that you could also don period names, I was hooked. I had to play. Happily, I could even play a virtuous character (or at least she tries... that halo of hers slips a lot, I have to say). But yes, that italic hand started it all.
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe