Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Something that doesn't make sense...

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 02, 2009
During the quest "One Eyed Jacks Are Wild", Old Ned -or something- says that a friend of his has a ship to sell to us but he never specifies who it is or where we can find him, though we are looking for One-Eyed Jack so it doesn't make sense. Totally irrelevant.

Administrator
Salty Ned was taking a friendly little jab at you, Pirate. When Salty Ned says, "Har! A friend o' mine has a ship to sell ye . . ." he's making a play on the old joke, "If you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you."

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
May 02, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Feb 12, 2013 wrote:
Salty Ned was taking a friendly little jab at you, Pirate. When Salty Ned says, "Har! A friend o' mine has a ship to sell ye . . ." he's making a play on the old joke, "If you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you."
Oh, now it makes sense. Thanks One-Eyed Jack.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Ha ha! That is kinda funny...
*Thinks*
I don't get it lol. That's the first time I've actually heard of that joke. I'm either too young, or KI really does it's research.

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
So we get both a ship and a bridge for the price of one quest? Wow. This game gives some good rewards!

Community Leader
Cunning Finnigan S... on Feb 12, 2013 wrote:
Ha ha! That is kinda funny...
*Thinks*
I don't get it lol. That's the first time I've actually heard of that joke. I'm either too young, or KI really does it's research.
It's a reference to a famous con artist in the early 1900's who would sell landmarks to tourists, the Brooklyn Bridge being his favorite as he would convince them they could collect tolls once they owned it. "If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you" is a colloquial way of calling someone gullible, similar to another old joke/con where you have ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!