Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what is the point of pvp?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 28, 2012
I am somewhat new to the game in pvp. I am only a lvl 17 privateer. At what point should I start PvPn it up? Is there a benefit to PVP? Items or Exp?

Community Leader
butchhodson on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
I am somewhat new to the game in pvp. I am only a lvl 17 privateer. At what point should I start PvPn it up? Is there a benefit to PVP? Items or Exp?
Currently, it's just a fun diversion with no rewards. It's just in the "Practice" stage right now so that the dev's can work on getting it right before they introduce all the items and ranks and benefits.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Pvp is nice for to understand what you would need to farm for future pvp since now is heavy unbalanced , example you would learn that damage reduction skills are useful and so you would want to farm items with those (like valor fortress), for all the rest you should consider this is mostly a pve game and prolly balanced for pve more than for pvp, so don't take pvp seriously ^^ (and i am always of the opinion that if someone wants a serious pvp there are other games more pvp centered, this one is fun for pve ^^).

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
You should begin pvping at at least level 20 if not 25. it gives you some good moves and some extra power. Also equip some powerful stuff, if an iten you have equipped is way way way weaker in stats than something else you have that is unequipped, use the unequipped. Good luck!

Merciful Noah Davis level 50 privateer

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
When the developer actually starts adding ranks and benefits their is one other thing he/she should do. When player vs player begins other people should not be allowed to run around in the brawling hall. I used the sparing chamber. But I noticed when my friend was in a fight in the Brawling hall that other people were running around in it. Thats got to stop :) Kind of annoying.

Thanks!!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2009
There isn't any benefits yet but Kingsisle did say this when P.v.p was released "This is just the beginning as a full implementation of PvP is still in the making" so i'm pretty sure they will put things in like Ranked P.v.p and better arenas in later. So right now it is just something to do for fun and have something to do while waiting for the new world when your level 50.

Hope this helps
Dashing Roberto Sharp Level 50 Swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
Pvp currently gives out no rewards but it's nice to get to learn about pvp for a little while.
I started pvp when I was a level 46. The problem is about being a high level is no one under level 30 would have the courage to face you (except some pirates).

There's some perks though to starting pvp now before they add more stuff to it.

Noble Mistydove, Fencing Master lvl 50