Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Kane's Court

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Quentin Atherton on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
Quentin: Indeed, lets get back on topic
Bernard: Ok, as we all know, Kane's court is based off of chess rankings.
Valona: Lets not forget about Kane, after all, we keep underestimating that clockwork version of Hitler.
Quentin: True, his hate campaign against the pirates does ring a 'Nazi Bell'
All: LOL
Griffin: Then there is that clockwork mistress, I think a good scary name for her would be Duchess, but I think Queen is much more formal.
Alexander: Let's not forget on how she fights. She could be programed with ninja skills for all we know.
Noah: Indeed, and how she can fight in those corsets, I think she will be a marvelous acrobat in that dress. After all, we can't let our guard down around that clockwork mistress.
Quentin: True, then there is Kane, he is probably wearing armor under that military coat.
Valona: He might even be part Battle Angel, and probably the only male Battle Angel in the Armada.
Hey, hey, hey...can we get off of the Hitler/Nazi topic? It makes me uncomfortable.
-
Perhaps he isn't a Battle Angel, as they were supposedly made later on. Kane will probably be backed up with a variation of newer fighting machines, though. Sorry I don't have much to say, I woke up about six minutes ago. :)

Viva los piratas!

D.S. Dev

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
First, what exactly would be wrong with an allusion to Milady?
Second, I would love to see KI put in an allusion to Milady but not as part of Kane's court. Milady was always primarily for herself, I feel that Kane's court is far more unified in their plans and desires and that a villain such as Milady would actually weaken the Armada.

Um, there should be quote above this referencing a post by Anne stating that the female Armada elite would be too scary as an allusion to Milady.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
First, what exactly would be wrong with an allusion to Milady?
Second, I would love to see KI put in an allusion to Milady but not as part of Kane's court. Milady was always primarily for herself, I feel that Kane's court is far more unified in their plans and desires and that a villain such as Milady would actually weaken the Armada.

Um, there should be quote above this referencing a post by Anne stating that the female Armada elite would be too scary as an allusion to Milady.
I apologize for the confusion... I was making a compliment (albeit a back-handed one!) to Milady, Countess deWinter, (of _The Three Musketeers_) one of the few violent female villains in classic literature, and one of the best literary villains overall. I was playfully suggesting that a clockwork Milady would be truly frightening, as it would imply the sneakiest, treacherous, dangerously clever, and implacably deadly behaviors associated with the infamous Countess deWinter of literature.

But you are right, a clockwork 'Milady' would not seek to outwit Kane, or have her own agenda against him (agendas on her own, quite possibly, but not against Kane). Also, she couldn't employ the range of the literary Milady's deviousness, as we would recognize her as a clockwork. So, for example, she couldn't fatally poison us like poor Constance, pretending to be her best friend. Unless, perhaps, she was in disguise...

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
The theory of Queen being not all that meets the eye is an idea that's been floating around for quite some time now. While I intend to look further in on this topic once I have some more time, I feel that it's possible for her to be hiding something that could potentially help us.
As with many games, I expect the stakes in Pirate101 to rise. As Blind Mew said, we're going to have to steal a map piece from the Armada. Perhaps by that time, the inclusion of Battle Angels and Armada Dragoons will make way for newer, scarier fighting machines. Also perhaps by then will our pirates have no capability to thwart such a force. Should they try anyways (which they most definitely will!), I expect to find a helping hand within the Armada's force. Will it be our dear Queen?

Viva los Piratas!

D.S. Dev

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
I apologize for the confusion... I was making a compliment (albeit a back-handed one!) to Milady, Countess deWinter, (of _The Three Musketeers_) one of the few violent female villains in classic literature, and one of the best literary villains overall. I was playfully suggesting that a clockwork Milady would be truly frightening, as it would imply the sneakiest, treacherous, dangerously clever, and implacably deadly behaviors associated with the infamous Countess deWinter of literature.

But you are right, a clockwork 'Milady' would not seek to outwit Kane, or have her own agenda against him (agendas on her own, quite possibly, but not against Kane). Also, she couldn't employ the range of the literary Milady's deviousness, as we would recognize her as a clockwork. So, for example, she couldn't fatally poison us like poor Constance, pretending to be her best friend. Unless, perhaps, she was in disguise...

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
ooh Clockworks in Disguise eh?

Red Scarlet

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
I wonder if Kane isn't really the leader of the Armada, and the Valencian who invented the Armada in the first place is still controlling Kane and trying to achieve spiral domination. Maybe you have to face him after you defeat Kane. I don't know if this really fits into Kane's Court discussions, but if it does, you will see it.
-The Black Rose Witch

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Lily Evans on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
I wonder if Kane isn't really the leader of the Armada, and the Valencian who invented the Armada in the first place is still controlling Kane and trying to achieve spiral domination. Maybe you have to face him after you defeat Kane. I don't know if this really fits into Kane's Court discussions, but if it does, you will see it.
-The Black Rose Witch
Good theory except I don't think the inventor would be the leader perhaps an armada elite like the female...

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
I was thinking otherwise, actually. The creator of the Armada designed the clockworks to defend Valencia. As they got out of hand, the will of the creator would have been thwarted. This leads me to think about the mysterious toymaker, the creator of the Valencian clockwork birds. What part do they have in our pirate's story?

Viva!

D.S. Devereaux

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
DS Devereaux on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
I was thinking otherwise, actually. The creator of the Armada designed the clockworks to defend Valencia. As they got out of hand, the will of the creator would have been thwarted. This leads me to think about the mysterious toymaker, the creator of the Valencian clockwork birds. What part do they have in our pirate's story?

Viva!

D.S. Devereaux
I've been thinking along the same lines as miss Devereaux, that the mysteriouse Toymaker is Kane's inventor. The Bishop reveals that the Armada Elites are really concerned with the Toymaker's clockwork birds and with the Toymaker in particular. The best reason I can think of to explain why the Armada is so concerned with the Toymaker is because the Toymaker invented Kane and the Armada and is therefore the only person in the Spiral that knows all of Kane's and the Armada' weaknesses.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
To make investigation first we have to look at the puppetshow. Notice how Avery says "They say Kane is smarter and faster than any LIVING being" could this be a hint that we will destroy Kane with a machine?? Just a theory lol. So lets see. It appears Deacon is the one who informs Kane. of the plans and such.. Since he is the spymaster. He informs Kane which makes him smarter... It appears Rooke is the general. The man o war. The one who fights for Kane. This makes Kane stronger.... Lets look at Bishop. From the puppet show of Marleybone, it appears bishop is the strategist and engineer of the armada. He builds, and the puppet show is of a plan. Phule... Not much is known about phule. Perhaps he is the trickster of the armada. Outsmarting his foes.. We will see. And finally "Queen" Perhaps she is some of all of these?? Perhaps she is Kane's grand plan?? We will see.

Well I know my theory isnt great, but you know...

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
On the living beings:

What I was thinking was perhaps a source of magical (or undead) energy would be able to thwart Kane and the Armada, past skills of a witchdoctor's prowess. It also would explain why we don't see so many wizards around here. Perhaps our parents, having talked with us in a past dungeon, would know a thing or two more about defeating Kane than our pirates could ever learn.

On the creator:

A friend and I were talking about this last night. We were between traces of evidence supporting the Toymaker, G, and a little bit of Captain Avery on my end. They all keep themselves safe and out of the way while making our pirates do the actual work. However, having such a minor character as G wouldn't make much sense if he had the big reveal.
However, I began doing some research. I stumbled upon an article centering upon Leonardo Da Vinci, the Italian mastermind whose mechanical inventiveness was years ahead of his time. It would make sense to see a sort of Da Vinci in the game, wouldn't it? (Leonardo Da Finchi to go with Marco Pollo?) Also, mentioning of Alessandro Cagliostro has come up every so often. What part does he play?

Viva los Piratas!

D.S. Devereaux

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Dracorro on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
Bishop shows up in a typhoon on a boat with a particular NPC i wont mention so as not to spoil it but he does not fight you but rather mentions your not ready to battle him and leaves the boat for you to fight your battle against particular NPC.
But isn't than NPC fi------------ sorry

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
I've been thinking along the same lines as miss Devereaux, that the mysteriouse Toymaker is Kane's inventor. The Bishop reveals that the Armada Elites are really concerned with the Toymaker's clockwork birds and with the Toymaker in particular. The best reason I can think of to explain why the Armada is so concerned with the Toymaker is because the Toymaker invented Kane and the Armada and is therefore the only person in the Spiral that knows all of Kane's and the Armada' weaknesses.
Yes, Mademoiselle Scarlet, I would agree with you, as such an idea certainly seems to best fit all available evidence. The mention of a person named Cagliostro is an intriguing hint. Historically, Cagliostro was the pseudonym of a rascally con-man (which I hope is not the case in the game, as then he would be decidedly untrustworthy!), but taken at face value, if I remember rightly, the historic Cagliostro writes about alchemy and the bettering of humanity (Rosicrucian stuff). So yes, if this bears out, there is certainly more than physics and mechanics in the making of Kane (and Kane's court). But, we'll find out!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Captain
May 16, 2011
What if Queen, if according to some people is so powerful, was the Grand Design. Maybe she hasn't been built yet, but the Puppet Show shows her just to give a heads-up? Or maybe she has been built, she is just being worked on by Bishop? She has been labeled to us as the strongest of Kane's Court. So if she is the great and powerful clockwork, with possibly the same amount of power as Kane, we might have to face both of the at once at the final part of the story. This just a theory, but feel free to yell at me.

"Who are you?! Surrender or feel the wrath of El Toro!"

Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
Does anyone else find it weird that these "hollow men," not being truly living, have noted genders? I mean, who's to say that this "Queen" is not male and the rest are female? 'Cause there really is nothing that truly makes sense in this crazy, mixed-up world. Except math. Math is baws.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Interesting.
First, a little footnote on clothing (don't worry, it won't take long). While the inner court sports Victorian era clothing, the rest of Valencia wears clothing from the Renaissance era. This could mean that the there is some hostility between the Italian Renaissance and the clockworks(The Industrial Revolution).

That said, I think the weapon to defeat Kane (if it exists) would be magical due to the fact that the Caligastro I found had a fascination with the Occult.
Also, since the Armada lives in the Spiral variation of the Italian Renaissance, the chance for the practice of intrigue needed to survive in Valencian politics is very high. Someone in the inner court must deal with these polotics and the mysterious female seems to fit in a way.

as for her being the Grand design, I must disagree. We know absolutely nothing about it, but the woman seems to be too small for something so massive. However, you never know until enough things unfold.

yours truly,
Impish Omar UnderwoodThe Undead Obeah

P.S. well done Anne Ratcliffe. I must say I am Impressed. Your research is exceptional and your writing is beautiful. A bottle of Yum to you and keep up the good work.

Double, Double, Toil and trouble. Fire burn and Cauldron bubble.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Quentin Atherton on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
Quentin: Indeed, lets get back on topic
Bernard: Ok, as we all know, Kane's court is based off of chess rankings.
Valona: Lets not forget about Kane, after all, we keep underestimating that clockwork version of Hitler.
Quentin: True, his hate campaign against the pirates does ring a 'Nazi Bell'
All: LOL
Griffin: Then there is that clockwork mistress, I think a good scary name for her would be Duchess, but I think Queen is much more formal.
Alexander: Let's not forget on how she fights. She could be programed with ninja skills for all we know.
Noah: Indeed, and how she can fight in those corsets, I think she will be a marvelous acrobat in that dress. After all, we can't let our guard down around that clockwork mistress.
Quentin: True, then there is Kane, he is probably wearing armor under that military coat.
Valona: He might even be part Battle Angel, and probably the only male Battle Angel in the Armada.
O_O Those battle angels are female? O_O
They always reminded me of this picture my dad gave me of Ares, the god of war -- in the picture, he is wearing heavy duty armor and carrying a rather large sword. The background is an abandoned battlefield. However what really makes the picture intriguing is Ares' white angel wings. Of course in the mythologies he doesn't usually have wings, but it truly makes him a battle angel, revealing the conflict it is on being a man of war, how one minute you slaughter everybody you meet and the other you are a true angel, fighting for your country.
So... O_O those battle angels are female?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I keep thinking phule will trick us and capture us, because he's the trickster of the court, and that's how we will get inside the armada HQ and steal the map pieces from them,

Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
Just Add Bacon on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
O_O Those battle angels are female? O_O
They always reminded me of this picture my dad gave me of Ares, the god of war -- in the picture, he is wearing heavy duty armor and carrying a rather large sword. The background is an abandoned battlefield. However what really makes the picture intriguing is Ares' white angel wings. Of course in the mythologies he doesn't usually have wings, but it truly makes him a battle angel, revealing the conflict it is on being a man of war, how one minute you slaughter everybody you meet and the other you are a true angel, fighting for your country.
So... O_O those battle angels are female?
I don't think they are female. Who says robots have genders? As far as we know, they are male.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Burly Bart Bellamy on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
I don't think they are female. Who says robots have genders? As far as we know, they are male.
Umm no they are females it was told they were females when we were introduced to the battle angels and blind mew or any of the developers can tell you if you don't believe me that they really are female

Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
Ethan the baron on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
Umm no they are females it was told they were females when we were introduced to the battle angels and blind mew or any of the developers can tell you if you don't believe me that they really are female
I am fairly sure that there are distinctive features depicting genders, none of which I think robots have.

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
I think Kane looks like Hitler and i thought

Marelybone (England)

Mooshu (Japan or China)

Monquesta (Span)

Polaris (France or Russian)

Valencia (Dutch or Italia)

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
truesaviorofthespi... on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
I think Kane looks like Hitler and i thought

Marelybone (England)

Mooshu (Japan or China)

Monquesta (Span)

Polaris (France or Russian)

Valencia (Dutch or Italia)
Now that I look at things, each world seems to reflect a major leap in nautical history. Take Cool Ranch, the only one not mentioned on your list. When the Wild West was settled, many sailed to and from Asian regions in order to move into an profit from the newfound land. Aquila, too - Greco-Roman triremes ruled the Agean and Mediterranean seas in their day.