Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is old scratch a boy or a girl

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 16, 2012
I just want to know. Or does it even have a gender? I assume its a female but Idk if there's another post about it you can link to it. Thx

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
I assume it's a boy. Have you heard its voice?

Developer
Well, I don't know if there's enough of Old Scratch left to have a gender, but I've always assumed that when Scratch was alive, he was male - if nothing else the name and its origins clinch it.

Community Leader
Ryan the Bold on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
I just want to know. Or does it even have a gender? I assume its a female but Idk if there's another post about it you can link to it. Thx
It seemed pretty obvious to me from the voice that Old Scratch was male, but I guess sound could be deceiving.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
Well he is a skeleton...
I would have to side with Talking the Plank... His voice is definately male.

Curious... Where is there anything regarding "Old Scratch" that reflects female?

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Feb 16, 2012
Talkin The Plank on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
It seemed pretty obvious to me from the voice that Old Scratch was male, but I guess sound could be deceiving.
Thanks I kind of thought old scratch was a girl but now that a I think about it boy makes much more sense

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Ryan the Bold on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
Thanks I kind of thought old scratch was a girl but now that a I think about it boy makes much more sense
Was it because of his hair? If it his, THOSE ARE DREADLOCKS YOU LANDLUBBER! Old Scratch is Jamaican. Some Jamaican males where their hair in dreadlocks.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Quentin Atherton on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
Was it because of his hair? If it his, THOSE ARE DREADLOCKS YOU LANDLUBBER! Old Scratch is Jamaican. Some Jamaican males where their hair in dreadlocks.
dont get stereotypical. some people like dreads, some people dont

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
Quentin Atherton on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
Actually, Old Scratch isn't necessarily Jamaican. Yeah, he says "I an' I", which is a part of the Jamaican Rastafari belief, but the titles he gets as he promotes are from Haitian Vodou (or Voodoo) traditions.

Then again, technically, the Caribbean doesn't exist in the Spiral -- so the whole point of where he's from is kinda moot.

Fair Winds and Following Skies,
~~ Noir The Sable

Richard Hawkins · Gilda