Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can't progress in Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 02, 2009
I am on the "Rescue Mustang Sally" quest. Spent over 3 hours with a friend trying to complete the dungeon. When we reached the end and fought the last group of Armada troops, the monkey in the jail cell triggered his speech again and the entire quest got reset. After this, Sally and the penguin were no where to be seen in the dungeon. In fact, the entire dungeon was empty of npcs, except for the few Marleybone soldiers standing around. I find this extremely frustrating as we spent 3 hours of our time on this dungeon and it appears that we can't even progress further into the game now because this dungeon is bugged. I wouldn't be so angry if the dungeon had been a short one.

Also, there are some really annoying ship bugs. When I am on a ship with a friend, during the first round of battle I can't do anything. I have to wait for the timer to tick down the first round before I am able to see or do anything. Sometimes, if I am on a friend's ship and we get boarded, it treats my pc as if I joined the battle late and I don't get any companions. If my friend and I enter a vortex together on one ship, either he or I will be stuck in the sky when the battle is over, depending on who's ship we took into the vortex.

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
Tiphareth on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
I am on the "Rescue Mustang Sally" quest. Spent over 3 hours with a friend trying to complete the dungeon. When we reached the end and fought the last group of Armada troops, the monkey in the jail cell triggered his speech again and the entire quest got reset. After this, Sally and the penguin were no where to be seen in the dungeon. In fact, the entire dungeon was empty of npcs, except for the few Marleybone soldiers standing around. I find this extremely frustrating as we spent 3 hours of our time on this dungeon and it appears that we can't even progress further into the game now because this dungeon is bugged. I wouldn't be so angry if the dungeon had been a short one.

Also, there are some really annoying ship bugs. When I am on a ship with a friend, during the first round of battle I can't do anything. I have to wait for the timer to tick down the first round before I am able to see or do anything. Sometimes, if I am on a friend's ship and we get boarded, it treats my pc as if I joined the battle late and I don't get any companions. If my friend and I enter a vortex together on one ship, either he or I will be stuck in the sky when the battle is over, depending on who's ship we took into the vortex.
The Fort Elena bug is a pretty common one. You will see more on it in the Cool Ranch forum instead of the Skull Island forum. It took me 2 runs to complete the dungeon, but you have to go out through the gate which will trigger a reset, then go back through from the beginning. If it is taking 3 hours, you may want to go back and find some side quests to level up a bit before you try again. I soloed it in about 40 minutes both times.

Ensign
Jun 03, 2009
I experienced the same glitch at the end of the prison break dungeon. I had to do it twice. Second time, stay completely still and let everything load, every chest, every speech and then continue. I think the engine glitches when sped through. This is of course my guess and no way confirmed.