Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mooshu Block Rate?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
Am I the only one who finds this block rate redicolously high on pretty much everything on mooshu? My friends are all having the same issue and it just seems like a way to add a artifical difficulty to the fights.

As an example, I have four companions + Myself (who are about 2-4 levels higher than what I am fighting). I have to spend 10minutes each fight watching everything block. I mean seriously. Every round only one guy will hit.

I am up for a challenge but artifically making a challenge just slows the game down to a crawl and ruins the experiance for the user.

Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
Marxon12 on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
Am I the only one who finds this block rate redicolously high on pretty much everything on mooshu? My friends are all having the same issue and it just seems like a way to add a artifical difficulty to the fights.

As an example, I have four companions + Myself (who are about 2-4 levels higher than what I am fighting). I have to spend 10minutes each fight watching everything block. I mean seriously. Every round only one guy will hit.

I am up for a challenge but artifically making a challenge just slows the game down to a crawl and ruins the experiance for the user.
I agree with you 100%, Mooshu has a WAY to high of a block rate, almost in every section i been to on my Swashbuskler and Witchdoctor in Mooshu has to high of a block rate and it REALLY needs to come down allot cause having that much block rate on every bad guy in every section in Mooshu makes the game way to long and boring. I understand that KI wants to make P101 fun and challenging, but people dont want to be sitting at there computers all day long playing 1 Dungeon in Mooshu or in a Village trying to kill 1 cow, goose, crane, tengu, or pig in that dungeon or village when all they do is block regular attacks and cant block special attacks and when you use a special attack its gone for good, you cant use it again to help others, what i think should be done is be allowed to use special attack as many times as you want, kind of like our w101 decks where we can put in more then just 1 helephant, not just use it one time and thats it, pirates needs to be cunning and sneaky and that requires to have allot of special attack tricks up pirates sleaves, even if it means using the same special attack or tricks.

Valdus Zabra lvl 50 Swashbuckler

PS: KI needs to study about how pirates work (and I am not talking about the game)

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
A couple of tips:

1. use companions wich don't use the same stats of your opponents, example agility vs strenght.
2. use skills for to increase accuracy and/or reduce enemy dodge (specially against moo manchu terracotta and specially when they use increase strenght skills wich make near impossible to hit them with strenght based companions).

With these 2 tips i personally did not have any problem .

Eccentric Roberto Bellamy
Duke of Hannibal

Ensign
Dec 28, 2012
Clownsanity on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
A couple of tips:

1. use companions wich don't use the same stats of your opponents, example agility vs strenght.
2. use skills for to increase accuracy and/or reduce enemy dodge (specially against moo manchu terracotta and specially when they use increase strenght skills wich make near impossible to hit them with strenght based companions).

With these 2 tips i personally did not have any problem .

Eccentric Roberto Bellamy
Duke of Hannibal
I noticed this as well, which is the main reason why I have El Toro set as my first mate. If they're blocking too much I've got his accuracy skill ready to use. Between that and smart use of skills (giving a guaranteed hit), I've pretty much solved the problem.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Greatbob1 on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
I noticed this as well, which is the main reason why I have El Toro set as my first mate. If they're blocking too much I've got his accuracy skill ready to use. Between that and smart use of skills (giving a guaranteed hit), I've pretty much solved the problem.
Yep El Toro is a very helpful companion vs those dodgers/blockers .

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
For my solo swashbuckler, who just hit level 50 in Mooshoo, I set el Toro as first mate for exactly this reason - his Esprit de corps ability helps make sure my crew hit regularly. My previous first mate (Goronado) grumbles about it, but what can I say?

When my witchdoctor was running around Mooshoo, between her and her privateer buddy they usually had a number of buff spells and the crew did most of the actual thumping (well, except for the area-effect spells).

-Michael

Developer
A little more background info, if it helps.

Every class has a stat progression that is Poor, Average, or Good. This varies from stat to stat.

At the beginning of the game, most of the stats are very close together, no matter what track you're on, so you don't really have to think very much about the tactics you'll need against any particular enemy.

What you are discovering is that as you progress in levels, the difference between Poor, Average, and Good starts to become more pronounced. Tactics that worked in Skull Island will start to change a little bit in Cool Ranch, and change a lot by the time you get to Mooshu.

Swashbucklers have "Good" dodge, whereas Musketeers have "Good" accuracy. If nothing else, you can compensate for those dodgy Mooshu enemies by seeding a few more Musketeers to the top of your Roster.

And of course, as other folks have pointed out, you might also try using companion powers. You can use El Toro to buff your own Accuracy; personally I like to use Bonnie Anne's big blast to reduce their dodge.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
Ratbeard gave some good advice and it's true use opposites and you'll do fine. The problem with that is I've had all ranged at the top and you'll still get mostly melee or something undesired due to the horrible way the companion system works. How can you deal with something beyond your control escapes me except to flee and try again (hopefully it's not a far walk). I've had my buccaneers get blocked every attack in mooshu while they're 47 or higher. Companion system kept giving me bucc/privs when trying to do the last promotion for crane. It doesn't help that the blessing stones that I need four of are one of those quests where you get one every couple of fights (take eight or more battles most likely). I had the first three rows filled with musketeers entirely and still with under 1% on them I was getting them left and right in these fights. One more thing to add is half the mobs that are blocking like crazy are actually technically swashbucklers (pigs/bushi etc).

Ensign
Nov 12, 2012
man, I thought I was the only one who noticed the block rate and that I was just weak