Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gift redeeming problems

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I used the Free Gold code from the 12 Days of the Spiral and got the Gold, but it gave me 1,000 Gold instead of 5,000 Gold! Pirates are supposed to claim their fair share of the booty in full, no more, no less. What's more, the Gift button didn't close properly the item was redeemed. Can you please fix this and have the rest of my free Gold ready?

Administrator
Hi! I'm sorry for the confusion, the promotion was to give you "up to 5000 gold." Redeeming the code gave you a random chance of getting between 1,000-5,000 gold.

Can you explain the Gift Button error a little bit more for me?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
Hi! I'm sorry for the confusion, the promotion was to give you "up to 5000 gold." Redeeming the code gave you a random chance of getting between 1,000-5,000 gold.

Can you explain the Gift Button error a little bit more for me?
I'm sorry, too. I should have stopped to look at the fine print when I had the chance. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll do that next time. Now, then, about the Gift Button problem explanation... I'll tell you all that I can.

I clicked the Gift Button to redeem my random gold amount after I used the free gold code before logging into the game and redeemed it. And when I closed the Gift redeeming interface menu, the Gift Button just wouldn't disappear because it thinks that there's another gift or so waiting to be redeemed, but there were none. I believe that must be the problem explanation you seek. Once the Gifts are all redeemed, the Gift Button should be gone until another gift is ready to be redeemed after inputing another code. The workaround for that problem that I found would be to log off the game in order for the Gift Button to truly disappear, come the next time I log in.

There. That's what I can tell you. Thanks again for clearing that up, One-Eyed Jack!