Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Stats

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
How exactly do the various Pirate Stats work? I understand all except for the base stats: Strength, Agility, and Will. What are the bonuses? They description seems to indicate they will assist in both offense (weapons and powers) as well as defense when compared versus an enemy's stat. But, by how much, I am not sure. Is it only Class based (i.e. Privateer's get a bonus form Strength for everything)? I cannot seem to find a good description online. Im just trying to figure out what a one point bonus in an ability for gear would be compared to other stats.

Community Leader
Troutbane on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
How exactly do the various Pirate Stats work? I understand all except for the base stats: Strength, Agility, and Will. What are the bonuses? They description seems to indicate they will assist in both offense (weapons and powers) as well as defense when compared versus an enemy's stat. But, by how much, I am not sure. Is it only Class based (i.e. Privateer's get a bonus form Strength for everything)? I cannot seem to find a good description online. Im just trying to figure out what a one point bonus in an ability for gear would be compared to other stats.
The only exact numbers I can give you are that, if you are using a Strength based weapon, 5 strength = 1 damage. Beyond that, Strength will boost your special attacks, making the main stats far more usefull for player pirates than companions. In the case of Privateers, Str will boost your physical attacks and will boosts your healing. For all the others the main stat is what you focus on to boost your abilities. If you want to boost your basic attack, look for the +damage stat.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
Does this mean stats do not aid in defense against an enemy? For example, if I have a low Agility and an Agility based enemy (musketeer or swashbuckler) attackes or an Agility based power is used against me, do I take more damage?

Community Leader
Troutbane on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
Does this mean stats do not aid in defense against an enemy? For example, if I have a low Agility and an Agility based enemy (musketeer or swashbuckler) attackes or an Agility based power is used against me, do I take more damage?
I may be mistaken, but I don't think the core stats (Str, Agi, Will) have anything to do with defense. It's more about what type of attack they are using (melee, ranged/magic critical hit/ability). What attack is used on you determine which of your defensive stats comes into play (dodge, armor, resistance). Dodge can work on all non-power/ability attacks, so all normal attacks can be dodged. Power/ability attacks can never be dodged. Secondarily, if an attack is melee/physical, your armor will reduce the damage. If it's magical or ranged, resistance will reduce the incoming damage. Dodge is probably the most powerful defensive stat since most attacks you suffer will be regular, non-ability hits. However, it doesn't do squat against any other type of damage while armor and resist will block their respective types to matter how they were cast.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
There are certain instances in which attacks are defended against with a stat. If that happens to be the case, the power/attack will say so in the description. A good example is the witchdoctor's Mojo Reaver. The WILL stay is used to defend against that attack.