Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship parts and ship classes and ship origins.

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
After a while of upgrading my ships from small to big, and finding parts for each class and origin, I was wondering. And have a question.

Sails, giving different abilities, can sails be found and collected with every ability that has been seen on sails? For example, ever since the bison frigate, all the way to the Royal Navy frigate, I have noticed that I never seemed to be able to find sails (for any ship, any class, any origin) that gave me Gunner's Luck.

Could it be made so Gunner's Luck (or any other ability, for that mattter) could be found/farmed/purchased for any class ship, and any origin? Or maybe it is already so and I never noticed?

When I first got my bison frigate, I farmed for a solid 5+ hours on nothing but ships, dropping parts for bison frigates. But never ever seen a sail (and never did for as long as I had my bison frigate) that had Gunner's Luck. (the +12% accuracy for 6 seconds)

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Shiningfantasia on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
After a while of upgrading my ships from small to big, and finding parts for each class and origin, I was wondering. And have a question.

Sails, giving different abilities, can sails be found and collected with every ability that has been seen on sails? For example, ever since the bison frigate, all the way to the Royal Navy frigate, I have noticed that I never seemed to be able to find sails (for any ship, any class, any origin) that gave me Gunner's Luck.

Could it be made so Gunner's Luck (or any other ability, for that mattter) could be found/farmed/purchased for any class ship, and any origin? Or maybe it is already so and I never noticed?

When I first got my bison frigate, I farmed for a solid 5+ hours on nothing but ships, dropping parts for bison frigates. But never ever seen a sail (and never did for as long as I had my bison frigate) that had Gunner's Luck. (the +12% accuracy for 6 seconds)
I think all of them drop, from my observation your nautical level against whatever kind of ship you are fighting somewhat determines what drops you are able to recieve. As such, you might not be getting what you want due to your nautical level not being quite right.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Yes every origin and ship has all the different sails and abilities that come with said sails. You probably just havent gotten lucky enough to get one drop for you but ive had them all at one time or another. Ive seen every sail out there for every origin and ship size. There are dozens of anchors which seem to drop more so than any other piece of ship gear. Sails drop the least IMO seen lots and lots of figure heads and anchors even lots of cannons but as for sails they seem to drop the least. So farming them takes a bit longer. It also seems to me that depending on what ship you are currently using makes a difference as to what ship gear drops for you in any given nautical battle. If you are looking for skiff parts then use a skiff and galleon a galleon and so forth and so forth.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Thanks guys. That means I simply need to keep looking! :)