Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Musketeers & Powers, accuracy = useless?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 28, 2008
Hey,

as a level 50 Musketeer I feel that the massive accuracy Musketeers are given is totally useless! At level 50; 90% of the turns I rather use a power than a regular attack-- and powers has 100% accuracy, there's no need for accuracy.

I have seen that nearly all of the level 45 no auction equipment for Musketeers give only plus accuracy(+11 to be exact), while other classes such as Swashbuckler get a ton of agility and even some damage on their "rare" equipment.
Musketeers DON'T need +11 accuracy on ALL their equipment. Please consider changing some of the stats of our equipment to agility, as that's the stat our weapon uses.

Developer
Musketeer restricted equipment does give bonus Agility. Keep looking.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
That is the reason that my subclass for my future Musketeer will be Swashbuckler.

Added dodge, light armor, and Rough talents will hopefully be working to my advantage.

Even though you would use powers most of the time, I'd still feel darn good about knowing that even my regular attacks would have a hard time missing.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
English Bill on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
Hey,

as a level 50 Musketeer I feel that the massive accuracy Musketeers are given is totally useless! At level 50; 90% of the turns I rather use a power than a regular attack-- and powers has 100% accuracy, there's no need for accuracy.

I have seen that nearly all of the level 45 no auction equipment for Musketeers give only plus accuracy(+11 to be exact), while other classes such as Swashbuckler get a ton of agility and even some damage on their "rare" equipment.
Musketeers DON'T need +11 accuracy on ALL their equipment. Please consider changing some of the stats of our equipment to agility, as that's the stat our weapon uses.
I'd rather have damage too, I don't carry a single item on my musketeer that gives an accuracy bonus. My swashbuckler gets all the good talents on its items.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
I have a level 50 musketeer with 110 accuracy bonus. I never miss with my gun and I love it. I cannot stand seeing my companions (like a level 52 cat ninja) miss or get blocked. Anyways, I was messing around the other day with the cutlass/pistol combo equipped and I went to attack a level 49 bull ronin or samoori. My attack was blocked?!?! How can I miss with such a high accuracy? Does my accuracy go down if I am not using a rifle or a set of hand cannons?

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
With such a high accuracy, your chance of missing is low, but a chance is still there.

I have 142 dodge rating and I still occasionally get hit by bucaneers and the like. Musketeers seem to be able to hit my all the time.