Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What I Love Most

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
What with all the things we don't like in this new and evolving game, I thought it would be nice to point out what we do like. Some of my personal favorites are:

• The Armada. I love the way they look and I LOVE the way they move. Whoever designed/animated them really did their homework and it shows.
  • Bonnie Anne and Sarah Steele. Nothing like a little girl power to wipe the floor with a battalion of bad guys.
  • The addition of so many more female NPCs in general. (Except among the the Bisons. What's up with that?)
  • The different battle format and tactics. This allows me to go back and forth between the Wizarding world and the Pirate world, keeping each fresh and unique.

Okay, that's a start. Anyone else?

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
A Mythspent Youth on Nov 7, 2012 wrote:
What with all the things we don't like in this new and evolving game, I thought it would be nice to point out what we do like. Some of my personal favorites are:

• The Armada. I love the way they look and I LOVE the way they move. Whoever designed/animated them really did their homework and it shows.
  • Bonnie Anne and Sarah Steele. Nothing like a little girl power to wipe the floor with a battalion of bad guys.
  • The addition of so many more female NPCs in general. (Except among the the Bisons. What's up with that?)
  • The different battle format and tactics. This allows me to go back and forth between the Wizarding world and the Pirate world, keeping each fresh and unique.

Yeah, what is up with no female Bison Clan NPCs? There may not be many female "Native" warriors, but let's not forget people like Mary Brave Bird, or the well known Pocahontas, or Wonapalei from "Island of the Blue Dolphins" based on the life of Juana Maria, a Nicoleno Indian.

Some of the things I really like in the game are the ships. My favorites:

* Monquista class -- The design is classic and streamlined, and looks good with each of the flag designs I created. I would like to see more (Spanish Galleons ).

* Samurai class -- Strength and beauty combined.

* Armada -- It may be going against the rules (they are the enemy), but these ships are so cool. I would love to comandeer one.

* Royal Navy -- Who wouldn't want a Royal Navy Galleon? Top of the line so far, with great stats.

Next up?

Ensign
Nov 21, 2010
A Mythspent Youth on Nov 7, 2012 wrote:

I agree with those, but I have my own too!
  • Watermoles- I love their look, the way they talk (CHOWDER!) and they have pretty good damage as companions
  • Puppet shows- I dont know why i like them so much lol i just do

• The comedy- Marco Pollo, monquistadors, Gortez (Cortez) and many more!

Silent Amber level 41 Swashbuckler

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
The animation seems clear and high quality compared to wizards.
Also they added Mordekai

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
The absolute best thing that really gets me pumped up is the epic Relentless.

I don't know... but seeing my horse warrior, my goat monk, my crane, or Milo do hits and crits up to three times in a row is like watching a long string of combos executed in a mortal kombat or soul calibour game. It gets me excited so much, I wished I had my phone recording it every time it happened. It looks absolutely fantastic.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
One of the things I like most about this game, has to do with some of the animation.

Case in point.
The Drowned Zombies.

You can tell a lot of work went into their animation.
The way they look at their bellies after a hit.
Then they look at the character that hit them.
And if they have Vengeance Strike, the facial expression and the sound when they strike back.

That is one that never gets old for me.

Community Leader
I have enjoyed a lot of the animations in this game as well. The zombie monquistans who get their head's knocked off and then catch them when they get hit had me chuckling. Also, and I've seen it written before, but I love the animation on the Armada soldiers. They move exactly how you would imagine a clockwork soldier to move. Agree about the Drowned Zombies as well.

Also, the skyshark attack where they dive below the ship's deck and pop out underneath you is actually a little freaky. Maybe that's just me, but I have a touch of anxiety waiting for the shark to reappear. Good job, animators!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
I quickly got attached to this game in beta...
The storyline is intriguing, the humor throughout is distributed on an immense scale, something for everyone. I see something everyday that makes me chuckle, and constantly see others similar references to things I myself had no clue about. This is literally "EasterEgg101"!!!

The board battle gives us so many alternatives, that battles are a lot of fun, no longer click a square, watch, click a square watch, strategy extends beyond "spell" selection.

I love ship battles, such live realtime game play is new to KI games, and I find myself having a blast, especially when all my pirate cronies get together for a pirate fleet against all that oppose us.. battle. The bad guys last seconds... our nautical, and gold soars...

These are but a few things I love about Pirate101, look forward to seeing more exciting additions/changes in the future.

OFxLedzeplin/OFxSaint
Silent Sam Stern - lvl50 Witchdoctor (ok, im not so silent...)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV