Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateer talent "Loud"

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 16, 2008
I understand that there are two ways of playing a privateer.

You can either go melee and you should then emphasize on "strength" or you can go "healing" and you should emphasize on "will".

Am I then correct assuming that, should you decide to go the healing way, you shouldn't learn the talent "loud"? If all, I believe that privateers should actually receive a talent to remove threat.

Developer
Ariecho on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
I understand that there are two ways of playing a privateer.

You can either go melee and you should then emphasize on "strength" or you can go "healing" and you should emphasize on "will".

Am I then correct assuming that, should you decide to go the healing way, you shouldn't learn the talent "loud"? If all, I believe that privateers should actually receive a talent to remove threat.
Even though the Privateer is a "healing" class, they are meant to be in the thick of the fighting, not "playing it safe."

Privateers have the highest Health of any class, good Accuracy and Dodge, excellent Armor, and even a bit of natural Resistance to guns and spells.

There are certainly more than two ways to play a Privateer, but regardless of what you choose, they are designed to take a punch.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I play as musketeer, I simply don't enjoy the other classes eventhough I'm trying to give them a chance. My pravateer gets reduced risk, which really makes no sense as when I'm playing with my companions I'm still the one that gets rushed and not them. Loud and reduced threat must only work when playing with other people and I'd like to be corrected by the game's admin if I am wrong upon this.

Community Leader
Come to think of it, I've noticed that Privateers are the only class other than Buccaneers that can train to wear Heavy armor. And the more fire I can draw away from my Muskateer & Witchdoctor companions, the less time I spend healing them instead of attacking myself.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
Dec 16, 2008
Ratbeard on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
Even though the Privateer is a "healing" class, they are meant to be in the thick of the fighting, not "playing it safe."

Privateers have the highest Health of any class, good Accuracy and Dodge, excellent Armor, and even a bit of natural Resistance to guns and spells.

There are certainly more than two ways to play a Privateer, but regardless of what you choose, they are designed to take a punch.
Thank you for your explanation.