Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Character vs Pirate Level

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
My Pirate, Henri Teach, just became a 15th level Swashbuckler with a level 10 Nautical Level. When I am looking at ship equipment, my level is Level 14 Pirate using a Galleon Heavy. Why are the 2 levels (Swashbuckler vs Pirate) different?

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
The Helpful Pirate on Oct 28, 2012 wrote:
My Pirate, Henri Teach, just became a 15th level Swashbuckler with a level 10 Nautical Level. When I am looking at ship equipment, my level is Level 14 Pirate using a Galleon Heavy. Why are the 2 levels (Swashbuckler vs Pirate) different?
I'm not quite sure what you are describing, but I hope this will answer your question:

The number at the top of the ship stats is the level limit of enemy ships your Galleon can fight without too much trouble. So, if the top number says 14, then you can fight ships that have a level to 14 (does that make sense?).

The number positioned lower when you bring up your ship stats (and to the left side), is the level you need to be at to obtain that ship.

On equipment, the number on the left side is the nautical you need to be at to use the equipment for a particular type of ship. Just below that, in red or yellow, is your current nautical level (red=can't use yet, yellow=can use)

Hope this makes sense!

Administrator
The Helpful Pirate on Oct 28, 2012 wrote:
That particular line is a composite of the level of your ship and its origin.

For example, I currently have six ships in my inventory on my Witchdoctor:

• Level 4 Pirate
  • Level 7 Pirate
  • Level 10 Pirate
  • Level 14 Monquistador
  • Level 18 Bison
  • Level 22 Bison

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*