Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

This Map! bugged, can't progress

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 29, 2008
Hey everybody, i have a quick question on a quest called Oh, that map. the part I'm stuck on it is when i get to the part : complete the map! in the Erebus and i follow my quest arrow and my quest arrow lead me to the ShipBreaker tempest so i went there and the quest arrow told me to go to the armada ship then i got confuse what to do in the armada ship. Can any one tell what to do when i get there.

Ensign
May 30, 2009
Hey Pirates!

So the "This Map!" quest has a nasty bug. I have tried zoning inside the vortex over 10 times, and Fin is nowhere to be seen. I'm completely stuck at this point, and cannot progress further into the game.

I already have a support ticket waiting, but it could be days before I get a reply. Has anyone figured out a workaround for this bug? I've seen people running around at level 20+, so someone has to either have gotten lucky or figured it out. Thanks!

Ensign
May 30, 2009
Found a workaround. Have someone group with you, and join you on your ship before going inside. This forces the quest to refresh, and load properly.

Still, this IS a nasty bug, and should be brought to the attention of the DEVs asap.

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
I just hit this bug, too. Bug report filed, I'll post here when KI helps me past it.

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
I hit the bug, couldn't progress. Here's my update... I logged out for an hour, ate supper (tacos!), came back, and the quest worked. Go figure. Keep trying!

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
I'm not sure if this bug has been specifically addressed in the recent updates, but the reply from the KI help people said to change realms, and that should fix the problem.

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
I was able to get past Shipbreaker Tempest without any bugs, I guess I was lucky, and I had not realized it was bugged.

Friendly Justin Everhart - Level 25