Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nat Tew, Promotion Quest, statistics

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I suggest that everyone keep a record of their Companion's statistics. I recently did the Promotion "Quest" for Nat Tew the Cat Companion we got with the Boochbeard Bundle. When I got his Promotion "Quest" (pay him 2000 Gold - which I did) and chose his Epic Talent, he lost 6 points of Strength, 2 points of Accuracy, and 2 to 3 points of damage. Why is this happening on Promotion Quests? Ensign Emmett also lost statistics when he was promoted to Lieutenant.

Ensign
Sep 23, 2012
I've noticed this too, but only temporarily; after leaving the tavern cellar, the stats appear to be correct. Also, buccaneer companions receive a (temporary) boost in health points from using the reset option.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
That's a good idea to keep an eye on our companions. I hadn't noticed any of the changes you mentioned, but then again, I wasn't looking.

I'll let others know, so they can keep track as well.

Developer
The Helpful Pirate on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
I suggest that everyone keep a record of their Companion's statistics. I recently did the Promotion "Quest" for Nat Tew the Cat Companion we got with the Boochbeard Bundle. When I got his Promotion "Quest" (pay him 2000 Gold - which I did) and chose his Epic Talent, he lost 6 points of Strength, 2 points of Accuracy, and 2 to 3 points of damage. Why is this happening on Promotion Quests? Ensign Emmett also lost statistics when he was promoted to Lieutenant.
I'll take a look.

By any chance, was it due to his talent slots resetting on promotion? (We have a bug in for that already!)

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
If you mean that the Talents I "purchased" for him when I upgraded his talents, then yes those appear to have come from there since I have "purchased" 6 points of Strength, 2 points of Accuracy, and 3 points of damage. The reason I am using the word "purchased" is because that is the word used in the upgrade (don't know why it is used there - seems like a better word would be I "chose" to upgrade those Talents). All I know is that the statistics changed when he did his "Promotion Quest".

Will we be getting these Talent points back and, if so, do you have any idea as to when?

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
There's currently a bug that causes epic talents to be reset upon promotion. The cat pirate (whose name varies from player to player just fyi) and old scratch are 2 examples of that. Hopefully this bug and the problems related to it get squashed soon.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Apparently, this has been sort of fixed (the talents being reduced by the amount of new talents we "purchased" for them). If you check right after the promotion, there will be a decrease in the talents by the amount of new talents purchased for that Companion. If you log out and log back in, the talents that were lost have been restored correctly.