Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Please look at the drop rate for holy water.

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
I was working on a side quest in monquista to collect 6 holy water from royal monquisitian ships, and my gosh did it take what felt like forever due to what seems like a very low drop rate.

I understand that you've made it so if you fail to collect it the drop rate goes up on your next attempt, but it sure didnt feel that way with this quest. I had to fight what felt like 4-5 ships just to get one drop of holy water so-to-speak, and yes, I did both broadside and deckside combat with what felt like the same results.

I've never had this much trouble with a defeat and collect quest in any game before, so if you could please look at the drop rates for them and consider raising them, that would be great.

Ensign
Jan 05, 2009
I felt the same way until I noticed that it did raise my nautical level up twice. As it is a side quest may they meant for a low drop rate??? note: I got about the same rate as you.

Community Leader
I too had to sink these ships for quite some time to get the holy water.
However they came in spurts.
I would sink 4-5 and get none, then I would sink 2-3 and get it each time.

Does seem like these could be increased a tad to avoid player frustration.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jul 28, 2012
/agree
I consider the droprate too low. After one hour I am still at 1 of 6.
The border between challenging and frustrating is rather slim.

Ensign
Jun 18, 2010
Agreed. It has taken me forever to get the holy waters and I'm still working on it. Forever as in hours. Crazy! I think the drop rate is too low.

Ensign
Oct 30, 2009
I have been at it for 2 days,yes 2 days! getting seriously annoyed. I feel like if one has any advantages in ship combat its by acquiering crown ships, its leaving me quite sour about the whole game.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2010
I am also having issues collecting holy water. I have switched servers and switched the areas fighting in. And in what feels like the past hour in a half I have 2 and I fought more then my fair share. Very frustrating!

Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
I remember this quest. The drop rate is terribly low. However it seems to be the lowest on the half way drop and the last drop. It dropped decently in between. I didn't use any crown ship either so if you have the patience keep at it. It only gets easier from there.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2008
I agree. The Holy Water drop rate can be really, really frustrating.

Ensign
May 02, 2010
I remember this quest and god help you if you have to solo this nightmare. The drop rate is just absurdly low.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
I agree! I am trying this now. After two nights work, I have one bottle of holy water. These are really tough battles too. I have died several times, and always end up being boarded when I don't die. Seems we should be more evenly matched to the enemies. We should win at least half the battles. I would settle for one third of them!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Finally got the first of six Holy Water on my NINTH battle -- but at least I'm also collecting ship parts. Got the Horn of the Verdant Ram and a Tropetista Figurehead. The best place I've found is to park just outside of Diablo Cut, and pick the nearest Holy Monquisition ship, advance slowly until you've just got the crosshairs orange, then start backing up. Hopefully only that ship will target you. If he's too close to his friends, you may draw additional fire, so retreat and try again. I'm up to 5 of 6 bottles now, so it's actually going pretty well now for me with this strategy.

Ensign
Sep 16, 2010
This is an extremely frustrating quest to complete. I've been working on this for days. When I get to the point that I am going to explode rather than my ship, I do a different quest. It seems when I leave the area and return, I experience an even longer wait for a drop. I am at 4/6 Holy Water and have been that way for the last several hours.

This is NOT FUN.