Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Getting Life While On Board Your Ship

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 18, 2010
Sometimes after a combat at sea, my pirate and/or his companions need healing...how do I get it at sea? Every time I approach a yum yum fruit it goes by me without being absorbed. I have been teleporting to the nearest life fountain every time, and grabbing fruits on the dock...but that isn't practical when I don't collect from the battles or I am headed to another location. Thanks.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
There are 2 colors of Yum in the skyways!

Red fills health

Blue fills Bottles

You can use a blue bottle after you get one from Rapa Nui, that will revive companions and restore your health to full.

Or you can get the Red Yum and fill your health directly, it takes some getting used to, but all you have to do, is fly over them.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I've had this problem too. A solution that I've found is to line up the ship on a fruit with the Main Mast being my focal point. You do have to continually adjust the direction of your ship to keep the YumYum Fruit centered. When you get the fruit, there will be a sound and the fruit will circle you very fast just like it does when you get the fruit on the ground. It is tricky, but it can be done. I think the fruit does try to avoid the ship.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
FightingBear on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
Sometimes after a combat at sea, my pirate and/or his companions need healing...how do I get it at sea? Every time I approach a yum yum fruit it goes by me without being absorbed. I have been teleporting to the nearest life fountain every time, and grabbing fruits on the dock...but that isn't practical when I don't collect from the battles or I am headed to another location. Thanks.
Are you approaching the blue yum or the purple yum? Both the blue yum and the purple yum should be in the sky. If you have not gotten your first potion bottle you will not be able to collect blue yum. Also, if your potion bottle is full you will not be able to collect blue yum. Check out the purple yum and see if that helps.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Darth JT on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
There are 2 colors of Yum in the skyways!

Red fills health

Blue fills Bottles

You can use a blue bottle after you get one from Rapa Nui, that will revive companions and restore your health to full.

Or you can get the Red Yum and fill your health directly, it takes some getting used to, but all you have to do, is fly over them.
Hey Darthjt, nice to see you back on here!

Ensign
Oct 18, 2010
Thanks all! Your advice has helped a lot! See you in the skyways!

Ensign
Feb 01, 2012
The difficult thing for me is finding the fruit after the battle. There have been too many times that I have search for two or more minutes and not seen a fruit so have to return to port to heal up.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Toby229r on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
The difficult thing for me is finding the fruit after the battle. There have been too many times that I have search for two or more minutes and not seen a fruit so have to return to port to heal up.
At times that has been an issue (both in P101 and W101). Another thing you may find is that there will be lots of the yum you don't need, and none of the yum that you do need. Like you, I tend to jump to the nearest life fountain for healing in those cases.

Community Leader
Rather than porting to a Life Fountain, anchor in a Windlane and use the Skull icon (bottom left corner under your Health) to teleport back to Avery's Court on Skull Island. When you arrive, the Skull changes to an arc with an X that teleports you right back whereever you just came from - including back to your ship, I think.

Just port to Avery's Fountain, grab red Yums on the nearby beach if you're in a hurry, then port right back where you left off.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio