Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Booster Pack Companion Question

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
There are Companions in the Tribal Crew pack, which I would like to have, and if I happen to recruit one of these Companions, should I purchase the pack, would there another clone Companion recruited to my Crew if I purchased the same pack? I don't think I would be able to recruit the same Companion twice. They are one of a kind, right? Please answer me, Ratbeard!

Community Leader
I don't know for sure, but I would guess yes you only can recruit one of each (If you got it in the pack). It would be weird to have 2 Itzen Kaan's or 2 other the other pack companions. Interesting question though, I would love to see an answer also.

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Pirates o the Spir... on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
I don't know for sure, but I would guess yes you only can recruit one of each (If you got it in the pack). It would be weird to have 2 Itzen Kaan's or 2 other the other pack companions. Interesting question though, I would love to see an answer also.
Yeah. That would be weird to have two Itzen Kaan's, if I get one, that is. Maybe one of the developers can provide an answer to us real soon.

Developer
You can only have one of each companion.

When you open a pack, if you receive a duplicate companion, we will go down the list and replace that lucky draw with another companion.

If you already have all of the companions, you will instead receive a 5-point Training Tome.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ratbeard on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
You can only have one of each companion.

When you open a pack, if you receive a duplicate companion, we will go down the list and replace that lucky draw with another companion.

If you already have all of the companions, you will instead receive a 5-point Training Tome.
A 5-point Training Tome?! Wow! That would be very uncommon in quest rewards... or even... FINDING an actual 5-point Training Tome! That's some consulation prize for getting all of the Tribal Crew's companions! A big shocker. Thanks for clearing that up!

Community Leader
Very interesting!

Thanks for explaining.

Are 5-point Training Tomes also in it or are you only suppose to get that if you have all of the packs companions? I only have Itzen Kaan and I recieved a 5-point Training Tome (epic) the other day.

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Wow, getting to that point would be ... I don't ever see myself getting that.

It spent 30,000 crowns on my Swashbuckler trying to get ONE single dinosaur companion, and did not get a single one!

I won't even hold my breath anymore, and stopped buying those packs altogether.

Ensign
Aug 06, 2012
Do you have to be a certain level to have a better chance on getting these companions?

Administrator
Mitsuo808 on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
Do you have to be a certain level to have a better chance on getting these companions?
Nope! A player's level does not change the chance at getting one of the companions.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*