Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Arrow Glitch?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 23, 2011
I think there may be something wrong with my quest arrow. It never points in the right direction, and if I go in the direction it is pointing the amount of steps to the goal gets larger. Anyone know what is happening?

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
i have the same glitch just roam and look at your arrow because the distance still works so you can still do that

Ensign
May 16, 2010
its a bug I think, if you restart the game it fixes the problem (at least for me)

Ensign
Jan 06, 2013
Does antone know a fix when your quest arrow doesn't point in correct direction? The distance works, but the direction is all wrong. Can anybody help?

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
I notice that if you move around a little, the arrow will point correctly.

Ensign
Jul 08, 2009
Smurfslayer1970 on Jan 29, 2013 wrote:
Does antone know a fix when your quest arrow doesn't point in correct direction? The distance works, but the direction is all wrong. Can anybody help?
ya mine keeps doing it too, but i find that if you log out for an hour or so, it resets itself, or at least mine does

Ensign
Dec 22, 2012
I know KI is looking into what causes it, here's what I've been noticing when it happens to me.

1) It happens *most* of the time when I first log in for the day and my companions are updating me on the main story quest and I don't let them finish by doing an in game action (ie unbottling a ship) or forcing the game window to minimize by adjusting my computer's volume.

2) It also happens if I level up as a quest reward but the quest hasn't 'finished'. If I get a trainer 'come see me' message before the quest arrow updates, it gets thrown off.

3) Sometimes switching character fixes the problem. Sometimes I have to quit wizard101 and restart it to fix the problem. The defrag solution *seemed* to work, but I wonder if that is just a function of quitting wizard101 long enough for it to rescan and update the correct files when you restart it.

Hope that helps.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
Yes, I have had this problem too. I know KI is looking into it. For now, I try to navigate using the numbers on the arrow, they seem to remain accurate.

Petty Officer
Jun 29, 2011
Clever Kestrel on Jan 10, 2013 wrote:
I think there may be something wrong with my quest arrow. It never points in the right direction, and if I go in the direction it is pointing the amount of steps to the goal gets larger. Anyone know what is happening?
Just keep going around until the number gets lower. Follow the path that the number gets lower. Easy for me.

Ensign
Aug 23, 2011
I have normally been able to ignore that, but when I was doing the quest "Shock and Paw" I had to restart it when I was almost done, because the arrow kept getting me lost.

Ensign
Jun 18, 2009
The arrow pointing the wrong way seems to be getting worse. Sometimes it is completely backward, Sometimes just off enough to get you to the wrong skyway. I have been using the map at the bottom of my screen more and more. That seems to be the best way to get where you are going, too much of the time.