Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Farming the "FRIAR"

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 30, 2011
Just some info if you will on farming Friar Sand after 10 rounds.

3 Gear Drops.
2375 Gold Average
Takes 2 or 3 Rounds (about 3 1/2 minutes)
With the right card setup and right companions I can get him in 2 turns.

Karic

Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
Rare Witchdoctor gear found on him

Black Jade Shenyi: Will +11, Resistance +35, gives revive card
Black Jade Jandals: Will+11, gives a critical hit card!

I assume he drops the rest of the set so happy farming!

Ensign
Dec 30, 2012
Oh i love gold farming! friar sand is the gold guy. if nobody went gold farming, try friar sand! he has a lot of gold! Level 39 musketeer try him!

Ensign
Jun 26, 2012
clb669 on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
Just some info if you will on farming Friar Sand after 10 rounds.

3 Gear Drops.
2375 Gold Average
Takes 2 or 3 Rounds (about 3 1/2 minutes)
With the right card setup and right companions I can get him in 2 turns.

Karic
I am tired of farming friar sand after i got his weapon i stopped farming him i was outraged when i found out metal guardian drops better gear and the amount of gold friar drops annoys me cuz i fill up all my gold and my backpack is full and i cant sell and it takes for ever to trash

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
I'm sad since the first time I defeated him I got less than 2000 gold and NO rare items.
I know that Friar gives out a lot of rares but almost all of the people in mooshu (if they are a boss) give out rares and lots of gold.

Community Leader
Bengalstar on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
I'm sad since the first time I defeated him I got less than 2000 gold and NO rare items.
I know that Friar gives out a lot of rares but almost all of the people in mooshu (if they are a boss) give out rares and lots of gold.
That may be true, but Friar Sand is not complicated to beat, as you only have to defeat him.
When you have 3-4 pirates working together, you get many mobs (more gold/chests/drops), and still only 1 enemy to defeat... Friar Sand.

Most other mooshu bosses require a bit more effort to defeat (including their minions), and dont have as good of mechanics for maximizing your loot (ie more pirates) without making the task harder (more minions).

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Dr Zeppers on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
That may be true, but Friar Sand is not complicated to beat, as you only have to defeat him.
When you have 3-4 pirates working together, you get many mobs (more gold/chests/drops), and still only 1 enemy to defeat... Friar Sand.

Most other mooshu bosses require a bit more effort to defeat (including their minions), and dont have as good of mechanics for maximizing your loot (ie more pirates) without making the task harder (more minions).
some drops are very rare in his loot table. only takes 2-3 turns to beat this boss solo every time you add a teammate the adds get in the way and keep you from using your power moves and getting to him. about half the time the drop from boss chest is gold. the other times is a junk item from common table. He does have some amazing rare not seen on wiki loot too - many bosses have loot like this. I know of 3-4 weapon sets that drop from abe pagoda and there not on wiki. most amazing find moosho sparklock pistols! :-) amazing for a stitch! stats are ok 108-118 range 3 req lvl 45 often it might take 100's of times to get you drop sometimes just a few sometimes 1000's depends on how bad you want item xyz and so on.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
If you don't want to farm "Sandy", then try the Temple of Ares in Aquila. It's got the same amount of gold in the chests there, and no bosses included.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Mark Laveer on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
If you don't want to farm "Sandy", then try the Temple of Ares in Aquila. It's got the same amount of gold in the chests there, and no bosses included.
It varies a lot though. It can go from 60 to almost 3 grand, but it is a good way to build up some gold when you want to get a companion leveled up for a fight. I run back and forth from that one to the one behind the building to the right of the tunnel entrance, switch realms and do it again

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
I love farming Friar! The gold is awesome! To be honest i dont care that much about gear it's just not as important to me.

Ruthless Caleb Gunwale

Level:43

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
It varies a lot though. It can go from 60 to almost 3 grand, but it is a good way to build up some gold when you want to get a companion leveled up for a fight. I run back and forth from that one to the one behind the building to the right of the tunnel entrance, switch realms and do it again
Additional info. I now include the chest I found behind the archery targets in the archery range. If you want some really good gold farm the 7 chests in Nova Aquila and in Ithaca. Running a circuit with 7 chests in it can get you rich quite quickly.

Ensign
Mar 26, 2013
i understand that drops foir his sword are rare but i have going after it for 3 days and i havent managed to come close if someone could tell me how long it took them to get it i would be grateful. i have seen lots of gear but that sword is just not coming out of the grand chest.

-Ambitious Flint Voss: 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I got mine rather quickly in just a few battles, In fact I have three or four of them, but I have noticed that the drop rates really seem a whole lot lighter than they used to be. I know Ratbeard is prob gonna say that the loot tables haven't changed but they sure have swung to the light side for a long time.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I've gotten lots of gear so my imaginary other class pirates will be set for a while

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I keep hearing a lot about Friar Sands, but I can't remember where or who he even was anymore. It's been a while since I've done anything in MooShu (now that I'm in Aquila).

Can anyone help jog my memory on where (and who) he is?

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bloody Belle on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
I keep hearing a lot about Friar Sands, but I can't remember where or who he even was anymore. It's been a while since I've done anything in MooShu (now that I'm in Aquila).

Can anyone help jog my memory on where (and who) he is?
Friar Sand is in the Temple of the East Wind. To get there go to Subata Skyway to the Verdant Docks then to the Corrupted Shrine until you get to the Temple of the East Wind. Once you get to the Temple of the East Wind. There will be a sigil labelled "North Landing." Friar Sand is just inside.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
Friar Sand is in the Temple of the East Wind. To get there go to Subata Skyway to the Verdant Docks then to the Corrupted Shrine until you get to the Temple of the East Wind. Once you get to the Temple of the East Wind. There will be a sigil labelled "North Landing." Friar Sand is just inside.
Oh, thank you, mate

Ensign
Jul 15, 2012
how many battles does it take to get rare gear from friar sand for
MUST KNOW

two-faced matthew strongbullfighterlevel 65

Ensign
Jul 15, 2012
don't worry what I said chrissy told me on a different post I made

two-faced matthew stronglevel 65bullfighter

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013