Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Clothes

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 02, 2009
A long time ago, my sister asked my a question that her on-line friend asked: "How do you change your companions clothes?". Of course my immediate response was you promote them at certain levels. But what if you could change your companions clothes. It'll still look like the clothes your companion wears now, but it would have different designs on it. Say, having the flowers on Egg Shen's clothes (after you promote him the first time) on, say, Kobe Yojimbo when he is a Bull Ronin. Unfortunately, the Base and Trim colors of the clothes will be the colors of your flag. You could even switch your companion's clothes from default to the ones you bought for crowns/gold (which ever one works better with the logitics of the game). New clothes will unlock every time you promote a companion. You'll still be able to use the base clothes no matter how many times a companion is promoted. Maybe jewlery and other items could be added. The person can be found in Skull Island, St. Bonobo's Abbey, Sivella, Cooper's Roost, Tumbleweed, Port Regal, and Hamamitsu Garden.

Community Leader
coolster50 on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
A long time ago, my sister asked my a question that her on-line friend asked: "How do you change your companions clothes?". Of course my immediate response was you promote them at certain levels. But what if you could change your companions clothes. It'll still look like the clothes your companion wears now, but it would have different designs on it. Say, having the flowers on Egg Shen's clothes (after you promote him the first time) on, say, Kobe Yojimbo when he is a Bull Ronin. Unfortunately, the Base and Trim colors of the clothes will be the colors of your flag. You could even switch your companion's clothes from default to the ones you bought for crowns/gold (which ever one works better with the logitics of the game). New clothes will unlock every time you promote a companion. You'll still be able to use the base clothes no matter how many times a companion is promoted. Maybe jewlery and other items could be added. The person can be found in Skull Island, St. Bonobo's Abbey, Sivella, Cooper's Roost, Tumbleweed, Port Regal, and Hamamitsu Garden.
I would definitely like to see some customization for companions beyond just which epics and talents. Being able to alter there appearance via a vendor or by giving them even one gear slot would be great! Obviously, that would be a major addition to add clothing for all hundred or so companions in the game, so maybe they'll get this for a us a few expansions down the line.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
I'd like to be able to "stitch" promoted Companions back into earlier versions of their costumes, so they would look like the lower version but keep the higher tier's stats.

Ratbeard in particular comes to mind: I'd love to swap his second promo outfit back into the uniform he wore on his first promo. The gold trim and the feather in his hat seemed richer & more elegant than the plain outfit he wears later.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
coolster50 on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
As long as it is just for looks I don't wanna start buying clothes for my companions to just give them power ups for all of them it will be hard wasting gold all the time.