Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Beta?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 19, 2010
If you have a membership do you automaticaly have beta all the time if not can you tell me how it works.

Captain
May 02, 2009
Pirate101 Beta ended on 10/9/12 (October 9, 2012), but if you got a beta key from either KI themselves, contests or bought the Boochbeard Bundle, you could enter Beta, but Pirate101 is live so there is no more Pirate101 Beta.

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
Soarent on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
If you have a membership do you automaticaly have beta all the time if not can you tell me how it works.
Beta is over and will not be coming back to Pirate101 (perhaps it will come back for other KI projects). However, membership and Crowns purchases within 30 days of the test server opening will allow access into the test server which is like a mini beta for content expansions.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Sorry, you seem to have misunderstood a bit.

Beta was a period of time (in this instance, over summer 2012) in which players were chosen at random or who won community-based contests to help test Pirate101 before it got released to the public. As a proud beta tester (or would that be former beta tester?), I can say that beta testing wasn't VERY special - beta testers don't/didn't get free goodies for beta testing except for one small present when the game hits live, nor will they beta test Pirate101 again, since the game is live now. The beta servers are now down and cannot be accessed by anybody, anymore, I think.
However, when there is a new feature or a new world that needs to be tested after the game hits live, there is a period called Test Realm where active members or those who have bought crowns recently get to test the new features out in a beta-like game - everything is the same except for those new features and maybe a few bugs. Is that what you were trying to address?

I'll follow this thread if you have any more questions. Happy to help!

D.S. Devereaux

Ensign
Dec 19, 2010
DS Devereaux on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
Sorry, you seem to have misunderstood a bit.

Beta was a period of time (in this instance, over summer 2012) in which players were chosen at random or who won community-based contests to help test Pirate101 before it got released to the public. As a proud beta tester (or would that be former beta tester?), I can say that beta testing wasn't VERY special - beta testers don't/didn't get free goodies for beta testing except for one small present when the game hits live, nor will they beta test Pirate101 again, since the game is live now. The beta servers are now down and cannot be accessed by anybody, anymore, I think.
However, when there is a new feature or a new world that needs to be tested after the game hits live, there is a period called Test Realm where active members or those who have bought crowns recently get to test the new features out in a beta-like game - everything is the same except for those new features and maybe a few bugs. Is that what you were trying to address?

I'll follow this thread if you have any more questions. Happy to help!

D.S. Devereaux
thank you know i understand the whole thing.