Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Please fix Lucky Jack Russel.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 18, 2011
Greetings,

Would it be possible to get Lucky Jack Russel fixed? This is the most class confused companion I have seen yet.

He is listed as a Privateer with a primary attribute of willpower. Yet he never gets any Privateer abilities and all his attacks rely on strength(As evidenced when you use the Witchdoctor buff on him and it boosts his strength). Stat wise his will far outwieghs his strength and his damage is terrible when compared to other companions of like level. At level 14 his critical attack does around 60-70 damage where as Ratbeards or my Goat student does around 100-120 because there attributes apply correctly.

So if he's a Privateer when he promotes shouldnt he get a privateer buff or heal or attack something anything? I mean he can even learn the spooky talent which is truthfully kind of pointless. And I do know he doesnt get any abilities from promotion because I have him double promoted on my Swashbuckler. But having to get the unlucky draw on him on my lower level Witchdoctor makes the fights slighty more of a pain.

From what I have seen he is a Buccaneer masquearading in Privateer clothing. And as such I cant wait until I have enough companions that he becomes a <1%'er and I will still shudder when he is picked as those <1%'ers always seem to on tough fights.

Thanks for your time.

Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
Privateers have high will, but attack with strength (Slashy Weapons). Even without any Spooky abilities, (heals, bombs, any kind of spell) Will does decrease damage from incoming Magic attacks. His damage is terrible, privateers just are that way, but health is more important to a privateer. And Lucky Jack has that. He is not a Buccaneer, nor does he act like one. A damage difference of 40-50 damage isn't just his odd stats (perfectly normal for a Privateer), it's low privateer damage. another thing worth pointing out, is while Kan Po and Ratbeard do more damage, they have significantly less health. I know I'm biased, and this is just my opinion, but he is a Marleybonian Privateer dog, and that makes him inherently more awesome. By a lot.
Hope this is helpful!
Hardy Valerian Randall, lvl 50
Nimble Morgan Quincy, lvl 33

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Yeah I agree and I think that Old scratch is a little broken too. See what happened is while I was fighting he couldn't hit some of the spiders in the battle. It showed him starting a spell but when he was supposed to hit it did absolutely nothing. Please fix this it's so annoying.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
I think Bonnie anne is a little broken too sometimes when you have holes in the ship in combat she can't shoot over it. I don't know if this was a bug or if it was fixed last time I saw it.

Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
stormy hunter zest on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
Yeah I agree and I think that Old scratch is a little broken too. See what happened is while I was fighting he couldn't hit some of the spiders in the battle. It showed him starting a spell but when he was supposed to hit it did absolutely nothing. Please fix this it's so annoying.
did the spider he was targeting dodge? ( i realize you probably already know this, but it's worth saying) if the target he is aiming for dodges, it won't hit any of the other targets either.