Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Chapter 9 All Quests Badge, bugged?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 01, 2010
I have been trying to find what quest I have missed. I have gone back to everywhere in Cool Ranch and can not find any quests.

Is there a bug with this quest? or are the quest givers well hidden?

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
There are already posts pertaining to the bugged chapters.

I don't believe KI has confirmed chapter 9 is bugged, but it is. There is a character that appears for some players, but not for others.

Go to Tumbleweed saloon. Just inside the door and slightly to the right, there is a character named Gus McCrane. He has a quest that asks you to round up some buffaloons. If you don't see him, then your quest is bugged.

Some of my pirates see him, and others don't.

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
I was wondering which schools can receive the bugged/not bugged chapter 9 badge and who cannot,so i decided to check for myself. i can confirm that my swashbuckler has the chapter 9 badge. However, my privateer and musketeer do not. I know I did the lonely dove quests on them because I remember doing the quest, and also because I have the chapter 5 badge, the one for side quests in coopers roost/big sky/junction. However, I did double check on each of my pirates whether there was an outstanding quest from Mrs macaw in coopers roost ( there was no outstanding quests for any of them), went to ocagalla rock (gus and woodrow appeared there on all 3 my pirates, but had no outstanding quests), then made my way to tumbleweed docks. Woodrow was indeed standing by the buffaloons when I was on my swashbuckler, but he was not there when I showed up on my musketeer/privateer. I went to tumbleweed saloon to look for gus, i found him on my swashbuckler but again there was no one there on my musketeer/privateer. I have all the other badges for my musketeer/privateer/swashbuckler with the exception of chapter 8 and 12, which are as far as I know is still bugged? and do not have anymore quests for them. I am working on my buccaneer at the moment, I will let you know if I receive it or not, unless someone else can confirm they have/do not have this badge for their buccaneer?

Administrator
Just wanted to verify that the Chapter 9 sidequest badge is bugged due to Gus McCrane not showing up for all characters in the Tumbleweed Saloon as mentioned above. We have identified the issue, and this will be fixed in a future update to the game.

(Sorry for the inconvenience! We'll find that wandering Gus McCrane!)

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
May 01, 2010
Ensign
Dec 27, 2009
Cap'n Jack sir, I was just wondering if there was any word from you guys at KI yet, if (And when) Chapter 8 and 9 side quests badges would be fixed. I understand the whole process that goes into changing and fixing things in the game, I'm not complaining or trying to at all. Just curious as to the status up to this date. Thanks in advance.