Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

El Toro

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
So some people have told me that you get El Toro and Mustang Sally in cool ranch can you tell me what level you get thoso companions at?

Community Leader
Disloyal1 on Dec 18, 2012 wrote:
So some people have told me that you get El Toro and Mustang Sally in cool ranch can you tell me what level you get thoso companions at?
You get them right at the end of the haunted skyway quests which is the back half of Cool Ranch. For most people, this will be around level 40. Also, you only get Mustang Sally automatically if you are a swashbuckler. Otherwise, she will become available in the crown shop.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Oct 11, 2012
Talkin The Plank on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
You get them right at the end of the haunted skyway quests which is the back half of Cool Ranch. For most people, this will be around level 40. Also, you only get Mustang Sally automatically if you are a swashbuckler. Otherwise, she will become available in the crown shop.
well you don't exactly get him right near the end, you got him a few quest in to haunted skyway but you get him before miranda

lvl forty eight, zane kent p.s. i am a swashbuckler so i got mustang sally

Ensign
Jul 01, 2011
bobthebuilder603 on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
well you don't exactly get him right near the end, you got him a few quest in to haunted skyway but you get him before miranda

lvl forty eight, zane kent p.s. i am a swashbuckler so i got mustang sally
Does anyone know what quest you get him at? Am I close to getting him I just freed Mustang Sally and Napoleguin from Fort Elena. Don't they give you so many characters to type

Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
El Toro is level 37 when you get him so i think I was level 35. He joins the quest just before you sail too Miranda and the final showdown with Captain Blood!

Ensign
Aug 09, 2012
i got el toro at level 37 but most got at about level 35.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2011
You get him in the Haunted Skyway before Miranda, for most people around lvl 35-40.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2012
yes! im a lvl 34 and i am in the middle of haunted skyway tasks right now. and after we get el toro do we go to mooshu? i teleported to my friend one time and bout a ninja outfit there and i rly want to wear it.

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
they told me that it was level 35 but i think you get it at 39 -42

Ensign
Nov 27, 2009
I did all of the side quests so I was level 40 when I got El Torro. He was level 42.

Ensign
Jul 02, 2012
I'm level 31 swashbuckler (Fiery Wolf) I heard people say swashbucklers get mustang sally ,but I want to know if swashbucklers get both mustang sally and el toro.
(p.s i don't care if i get mustang sally)

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
@oldpriate119

Everybody gets El Toro. Plus, I'm a swash so I get Mustang Sally, too.

Ensign
May 09, 2011
Everybody gets El Toro, but swashies get carolina. Finally, a comp Privateers DON'T get!

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
You get El toro right after The Giant dungeon of Miranda (I call it Mirga).
I've also heard El toro say "bueno" which I think might translate to bean in Spanish?
But anyways, you'll know you will get him right before Miranda.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bengalstar on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:
You get El toro right after The Giant dungeon of Miranda (I call it Mirga).
I've also heard El toro say "bueno" which I think might translate to bean in Spanish?
But anyways, you'll know you will get him right before Miranda.
Bueno means 'Good' .

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:
Bueno means 'Good' .
I always thought bien meant good (I think that's how you spell it).
I still get confused..

Anyways, I think El toro (The bull) is a perfect companion to get right before a giant (and yes, even tough) dungeon.

~Noble Mistydove

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
Talkin The Plank on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Well what do you know, I'm a swashbuckler.

Sadly, I'm only level 25 at the moment.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
TwoEyedJack on Mar 23, 2013 wrote:
I'm level 31 swashbuckler (Fiery Wolf) I heard people say swashbucklers get mustang sally ,but I want to know if swashbucklers get both mustang sally and el toro.
(p.s i don't care if i get mustang sally)
Yeah, you'll get Don Rodrigo (El Toro) and Carolina (Mustang Sally). Everyone else will have to pay

PS: Am I the only one who refers to them by their real names..?

Ensign
Nov 20, 2012
Most people level 35-40, but if you are not a swashbuckler you
will have to buy Mustang Sally from the crown shop.

Cunning Tanner Noble level 43

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
I don't know how im level 29 and I got mustang sally when I finished saving Her and Napoleguin and then I got el toro at lvl 35 whats going on?

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
loconico553 on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
I don't know how im level 29 and I got mustang sally when I finished saving Her and Napoleguin and then I got el toro at lvl 35 whats going on?
That's not right.... you get Mustang Sally with El Toro at the same time if you're Swashbuckler. You should get them right before going after Captain Blood...

El Toro will say something along the lines of, "You shall not go alone! I, El Toro, will accompany you!"

Then Sally will chime in with something like, "Oh no. I did not come all this way just to watch you leave. I'm coming too!"

Ensign
Feb 15, 2013
All classes get el toro swash get both el toro and sally, after that you go to gold creek to get blood's hand then it's back to sly winkum, then you go to miranda and get the cards and then kill cap'n blood, then you talk to sabatinis ghost and he'll give you a quest that gives you a weapon, a mooshu skiff and xp. First defeat 12 ghost ships and then go to the mine and get in there and *SPOILER* kill DEACON the armada spymaster, then you get a new ship and go back to the dog in coopers roost and then to avery, and after that you go to mooshu!

Ensign
Jul 11, 2011
El toro can be achieved at level 34 minimum. I'm not sure about Sally, but i'll figure that out in a min.

Reckless Lucas Dodger level 15 Buccaneer